19th July 2016, 02:55 AM |#111  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Palm Bay
Thanks Meter: 835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbledsoe3

OK cool cool.. so what I'm thinking is to backup my whole tablet with everything I have right now in cwd recovery to the SD card... that way if something goes wrong I can install it back....

With these 2 files can I just put them on the SD card and install them from the cwd recovery?

Actually, that's right, you're still on CWM.

CWM does not support Marshmallow. The DoPa 6 thread has a build of TWRP recovery you can use to install Marshmallow, though- so install that through CWM and reboot the recovery.

Once you're in TWRP, then make a backup. Last I checked, CWM's and TWRP's backups are not compatible.

19th July 2016, 03:05 AM |#112  
Flag Chattanooga
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

Actually, that's right, you're still on CWM.

CWM does not support Marshmallow. The DoPa 6 thread has a build of TWRP recovery you can use to install Marshmallow, though- so install that through CWM and reboot the recovery.

Once you're in TWRP, then make a backup. Last I checked, CWM's and TWRP's backups are not compatible.

But if I flash twrp in cwm then try to reboot in recovery to get ready to flash the doPa 6 zip wouldn't it crash or fail to boot??? My question mainly is if something goes wrong with the new rom can I just use my saved backup on the SD card.. even though I did the backup in cwm it's still a md5 file that can be flashed in cwm or twrp?
19th July 2016, 03:09 AM |#113  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Palm Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

But if I flash twrp in cwm then try to reboot in recovery to get ready to flash the doPa 6 zip wouldn't it crash or fail to boot??? My question mainly is if something goes wrong with the new rom can I just use my saved backup on the SD card.. even though I did the backup in cwm it's still a md5 file that can be flashed in cwm or twrp?

Actually, it will crash or fail to boot if you use CWM.

The "layman's term" version is the CWM lacks compatibility with a security feature that newer versions of Android like to have. So, TWRP is necessary for the newer ROMs.

TWRP and CWM do their backups in different ways, although they have the same end result, so they are not compatible.
19th July 2016, 03:42 AM |#114  
Flag Chattanooga

More
Quote:

Actually, it will crash or fail to boot if you use CWM.

The "layman's term" version is the CWM lacks compatibility with a security feature that newer versions of Android like to have. So, TWRP is necessary for the newer ROMs.

TWRP and CWM do their backups in different ways, although they have the same end result, so they are not compatible.

So altogether just get rid of CWM no matter what I'm running now or upgrading to the DoPa. Do my backup from twrp then flash the 2 zips
19th July 2016, 03:43 AM |#115  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Palm Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So altogether just get rid of CWM no matter what I'm running now or upgrading to the DoPa. Do my backup from twrp then flash the 2 zips

Right.
19th July 2016, 03:47 AM |#116  
Flag Chattanooga

More
Quote:

Right.

OK cool then flash the 2 zips from the SD card in the new twrp recovery... Man thanks for having the patience to help me through.. you the real MVP... just got home and about to do everything now...
20th July 2016, 03:16 PM |#117  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Palm Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK cool then flash the 2 zips from the SD card in the new twrp recovery... Man thanks for having the patience to help me through.. you the real MVP... just got home and about to do everything now...

Any luck? Did you get the ROM working?
20th July 2016, 04:37 PM |#118  
Flag Chattanooga

More
Quote:

Any luck? Did you get the ROM working?

Yessir got it working beautifully... at work playing around with it now... thank you so much... quick question though.... im loving the xposed installer and framework that lets me change just about anything.... any way i can put it on a sprint note 5??? I was able to add the xposed installer apk 3.0 alpha 4 but when i went to flash skd23 arm64 framework it installs fine but i get a bootloop.....
20th July 2016, 04:50 PM |#119  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Palm Bay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yessir got it working beautifully... at work playing around with it now... thank you so much... quick question though.... im loving the xposed installer and framework that lets me change just about anything.... any way i can put it on a sprint note 5??? I was able to add the xposed installer apk 3.0 alpha 4 but when i went to flash skd23 arm64 framework it installs fine but i get a bootloop.....

Last I checked, "normal" Xposed was incompatible with TouchWiz ROMs (what Samsung phones have by default)

There's a patched version of Xposed for TouchWiz here.
20th July 2016, 06:37 PM |#120  
Flag Chattanooga

More
Quote:

Last I checked, "normal" Xposed was incompatible with TouchWiz ROMs (what Samsung phones have by default)

There's a patched version of Xposed for TouchWiz here.

Wow installed this and it worked... Also added gravity box mm....

You the real MVP for real....
10th August 2016, 07:12 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
One of the many Sero 7 Pros I have given out came back to me with a 'System Process Isn't Responding' error.
Tablet is not rooted. Running stock rom.
Error appears just after booting so I can't get in to tick USB debugging to root, etc.
I have tried:
Booting into recovery and doing a factory reset and clearing cache.
Removing battery connection and draining power.
All the searching I have done does not give me any other help. Is there anyone still reading this thread that would have any other suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sero-7-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)