[GUIDE] Z Ultra and Z1 HARD BRICK RECOVERY

Search This thread

exstat

May 19, 2016
Worked for me. 6903.

The red light @ nr 5 wouldnt start to blink. But I went all the way and saw the sony logo and had recovery ready for rom.

Did have help with off a friend to hold the paper clip. Kudos to her.

Thank you very much!!

Jul 11, 2015
Hello, i tried this method and the flash was successful but my z1 wont start or turn on
can anyone help me please? whats the problem of my phone?

OmenCheppy

Nov 14, 2008
Manila
Proper Connection How To Please?

Good day sir, i would like to know, Do i have to solder each test point to ground or to one another sir?
I'm a bit confused?

Dec 26, 2015
Good day sir, i would like to know, Do i have to solder each test point to ground or to one another sir?
I'm a bit confused?
Don't solder anything - just connecting the two for a second or two.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Any way to get it working with Windows 10 64bit?

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
SOL23 Need help!

anyone have a .SIN_FILE_SET for SOL23?

--edit--
Oh, i remember now that i have ta backup from TWRP... just rename it ta.emmc.win to TA.img :victory:
please help... :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added 2nd July 2016 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 1st July 2016 at 11:27 PM ----------

Tool for converting TA.img to TA_unbrick.SYN_FILE_SET

Since I bricked my TA I was not able to repair TA by using gdfs, do not know why, but I created tool for unbricking TA partition, TA backup is required to get tool working! Here is tool for all who have TA.img and bricked TA partition inside phone, tool will convert your TA.img to TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET so you can easily repair your TA partition and flash the rest of firmware, enjoy! ;) Windows 32 bit is required!

How to use:
- put TA.img to the same folder
- run ta_gen.bat

Hi, i've a TA.img backup for my SO-02F
convert with your tools, now i've got 01.ta & 02.ta
i don't see any TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET as you mentioned, or i miss something
thanks & regards

--EDIT--
Done it... on Win10 64bit, don't use ta_gen.exe, just double click ta_gen.bat

Last edited:

onkar19923

Jun 30, 2016
brother helpppp

Bro i Have C6806_Gpe Accidentally I Flash Ftf of 6802 By Using Flashtool After Flashing Gpe Dead Only Red Led One Time For 2 Second
No Flash Mode,No Fastboot.No Power on No Vibrations No Charging

1 - Computer Detect it As Semc device Without or With TestPoint.
2- Flash tool Also Detect it As Usb debbeging off Device
3- S1 tools with 8974emergency mode Says
>Processing.......
>Serial -D5EPLG012
> Not supported hash:--Some values here
>Time Esclaped :13 sec

Help brother i shall thankful.

I have A backup of ta and drm keys only

Last edited:

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Bro i Have C6806_Gpe Accidentally I Flash Ftf of 6802 By Using Flashtool After Flashing Gpe Dead Only Red Led One Time For 2 Second
No Flash Mode,No Fastboot.No Power on No Vibrations No Charging

1 - Computer Detect it As Semc device Without or With TestPoint.
2- Flash tool Also Detect it As Usb debbeging off Device
3- S1 tools with 8974emergency mode Says
>Processing.......
>Serial -D5EPLG012
> Not supported hash:--Some values here
>Time Esclaped :13 sec

Help brother i shall thankful.

I have A backup of ta and drm keys only
8f75d5112bef30cf87cb6b3e21814677.jpg

Warning:
Never flash a Sony FTF file to your GPe, it will hard brick it
source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2742236

save213

May 11, 2013
hard brick solved

Hi...I'm new in Sony device. I have Z1 C6903 (SO-01F) hardbrick after root n flash dualrecovery. First, I've got bootstall, just sony logo appears en nothing happens.
When I plug the charger my Z1 didn't show any sign, just sony logo. I still plug the charger into my Z1 for about a day hoping it would charge but still nothing happen en suddenly my Z1 got dead blank screen, no sony logo appears again. Try to push the button power, vol up/down, hard reset but still no sign, no vibrate, no led blinking.
I tried to use flashtool but my pc can't detect the Z1.

Then I follow all the steps from this thread. Everything goes smoothly en I'm successful to flash APP in MSM8974 EMERGENCY.
But when I push power on the Z1 still nothing happen, no vibrate, no sign, no led blink.

I tried to change the battery with a new one and suddenly sony logo appears, and 3 times vibrate when I push power + vol up.
I immediately flashing .ftf firmware with flashtool, and finally my lovely Z1 can alive again.

Greatest thanks to Doom Slayer, the_laser, [NUT], and all the member here for this very helping tutorial and tools :) :good: :good: :good: :)

nb : sorry for my bad english :eek:

Last edited:

onkar19923

Jun 30, 2016
Helllllllllllpp Brothers

C6806 GPE Hard Brick BY Flashing FTF With Flashtool

Only Red Led For 2 Second Nothing At all.:(

1.Pc Detect it as SEMC Device Without and With Testpoint and battery Connecting.

2.FlashTool Detect it As Usb Debuging off Device.

3.S1 Tools in Emergency Mode 8974 mode.

1 Phone In Emergency Mode-> S1 Emergency8974->Flash->Selecting FIle C6806 Sin_File_Set-> Pressing Test Point Ready -> Connecting Test Point And Connecting UsB Cabel

(will use Sahara protocol ...
REMOVE TESTPOINT NOW, THEN PRESS "READY"

PROCESSING ...
SERIAL NUMBER : D3509202
HARDWARE ID : 04000100E1007B00
PRODUCT DETECTED: "MSM8974 OEM1 fused"
HASH94D75DEA38267870ADBAF0B2ED3DB3EAEE3AC37C55D7BBB26FB57DB9F0703EBC NOT SUPPORTED
Elapsed:12 secs.)

2 Phone In Emergency Mode-> S1 Emergency8974->Flash->Selecting FIle C6806 Sin_File_Set-> Pressing Test Point Ready ->Test Point Not Connected Just Connecting Usb Cabel
will use DLOAD protocol ...
qcReceivePacket: can't get packet start.
Elapsed:41 secs. Mode

Phone In Emergency Mode Mean Hint: Now you can enable emergency mode in your phone, so next steps will be easier to do. To do that remove battery, connect testpoint to GND, insert battery, press power on button, disconnect testpoint. Now your phone is in emergency mode.(http://sony.yt/topic/7293-english-t...oot-in-sony-xperia-z-ultra-c6802-c6806-c6833/)

:confused:

angelord666

May 21, 2015
I followed this tutorial and my Z1 is now working at 100%, but i have a Xperia z3 in the same conditions of hardbrick, any ideas of how to bring it back to life?

amarey

Aug 6, 2016
I have a bhard bricked Xperia ZR

can you help me to unbrick my Xperia ZR? I've tried to used Flashtool n Pc Companion but both didn't work me. my phone can't enter the flash mode.... i am crying for ages. please help me

jabr1G

Oct 14, 2014
help i have error can't get command header when try flash with s1tool,,,is this hardwer problem??
any solution??please help
my device xperia zr,no fastboot,no flashmode,just red blink a second when i plug usb,in the device manager only qhsusb_dload detect,,

jabr1G

Oct 14, 2014
anyone have a .SIN_FILE_SET for SOL23?

--edit--
Oh, i remember now that i have ta backup from TWRP... just rename it ta.emmc.win to TA.img :victory:
please help... :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added 2nd July 2016 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 1st July 2016 at 11:27 PM ----------

Hi, i've a TA.img backup for my SO-02F
convert with your tools, now i've got 01.ta & 02.ta
i don't see any TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET as you mentioned, or i miss something
thanks & regards

--EDIT--
Done it... on Win10 64bit, don't use ta_gen.exe, just double click ta_gen.bat

hi i have TA.img back up,,why when i run ta_gen.bat only 02.ta not TA_unbrick_FILE_SET??
please some one can make TA_unbrick_FILE_SET for me,,
this my back up TA file,,
Backup-TA.zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6W6nGzN_btwS3JiclBiUm02TFU/view?usp=docslist_api

Sent from XDA Free mobile app

GaRy$

Dec 3, 2015
HELP

Hello i have Hard Bricked Z Ultra. I do everything from the instructions with s1tool but every time it stop just before to start... here is my LOG:

Welcome S1 Tool [06.02.2015].
That is small and crippled subset of SETOOL2 service tool.

SELECT FIRMWARE PACKAGES
YOU CAN SELECT SEVERAL PACKAGES WITH CTRL BUTTON
CHECKING PACKAGES ...

DETACH USB CABLE FROM PHONE
REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE
ATTACH TESTPOINT
PRESS "READY", THEN ATTACH USB CABLE TO PHONE

will use Sahara protocol ...
REMOVE TESTPOINT NOW, THEN PRESS "READY"

PROCESSING ...
SERIAL NUMBER : ABA820XX
HARDWARE ID : 00000000E1007BXX
PRODUCT DETECTED: "MSM8974 Unfused"
HASH :CC3153A80293939B90D02D3BF8B23E0292E452FEF662C74998421ADAD42A38XX
Emergency loader uploaded ...

I try with different version of s1tool and different version of software and different version of windows(10 and XP)

Please help!

Last edited:

jabr1G

Oct 14, 2014
thank for @munjeni update tool TA.gen,now i can make your own TA_ubrick file,but may be not luck or the s1tool not support apq 8064??
because still have error "cant get command header",,any solution???

Sent using XDA Free mobile app

bhant10

Jan 8, 2015
PATIALA
hey my z1 compact will work with method or not water goes inside my phone no blinking and no charging complete dead is there any solution

Zzinou502

Oct 11, 2016
For everybody who is asking about a hard bricked Z1S :

I revived a completely dead Z1S using this guide. The phone had no flashboot, fastboot, no blinking led, no nothing.
First, I use the s1 flashtool with the C6903 package, that allowed me to enable the charging mode in the phone. Then I charged it to 100%.
Then, I used the Flashtool (Sony mobile flasher by Androxyde) with XperiFirm to flash the .137 firmware.

Then I rebooted the phone and it worked !!!!

Now, another important thing, the testpoint for the Z1S is indicated in the attachment.

Wait, how did you connect your phone to your pc? when i connect mine my pc won't detect it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR HARD BRICKED DEVICES.
    HARD BRICK MEANS NO FLASHMODE AND NO FASTBOOT.
    IN ORDER TO PROCEED DISASSEMBLY OF YOUR DEVICE IS REQUIRED.
    IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY,STOP READING THIS, GO THE SONY SERVICE AND PLAY STUPID.
    AS AFTER OPENING YOUR DEVICE, YOUR WARRANTY IS 100% VOID.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Let's get started.
    1. Download tools.7z from attachments and pack for your device.
    2. Install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe
    3. Open the back cover of your device.
    4. Find the test point (See attachments).
    5. Disconnect a battery, connect a usb cable. LED RED will start to blink.
    6. Using the paper clip connect your test point with the GND. I used the metal shield in the middle of the motherboard.
    7. Open the device manager, you should see SEMC Flash Device. If no, you did something wrong.
    8. Disconnect your phone from computer.
    9, Repeat the step 5.
    10.Run the s1tool and select S1 MSM8974 EMERGENCY for the phone type.
    11. Press the flash button, and choice the APP file for your device.
    12. Press testpoint ready and repeat the step 6.
    13. Remove the testpoint and press READY, when program will ask you to do so.
    14. If flash was successful, you may disconnect your phone from usb, connect your battery and try to boot.You may have to charge your battery.
    15. Now you can flash your device normally using software.

P.S.
    I was not be able to flash on windows 8 64bit, but I flashed without problems on XP.

I would like to thank:

the_laser for making the software.

myevilface from support.setool.net for finding testpoint for c69xx.

and my poor Z Ultra which I sacrificed trying to find the test point :(
    Actually I finished him when I wanted to fix audio jack.
    Was to happy that my device is fixed and damaged the screen connector :D

UPDATE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I helped you to save money, you can buy me a beer or two, which is cheaper than a new motherboard. :)

Since I bricked my TA I was not able to repair TA by using gdfs, do not know why, but I created tool for unbricking TA partition, TA backup is required to get tool working! Here is tool for all who have TA.img and bricked TA partition inside phone, tool will convert your TA.img to TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET so you can easily repair your TA partition and flash the rest of firmware, enjoy! ;) Windows machine is required!

How to use:
    - put TA.img to the same folder
    - run ta_gen.exe
    D
    Deleted member 3665957
    @bejibx:

i'm assuming that your problem is because you wrote foreign trim area into your phone.
    if your phone have damaged trim area ( format/rewrite trim area partition ) - phone is brick.

but if not, then using View attachment s1tool.zip
    Maybe stupid question : Do you think with this testpoint mode there is a way of unlocking Bootlader although it is not permitted by the provider?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is option to unlock boot, and it asks to do the testpoint trick, but I did not test it,as mine bootloader is unlocked and screen is dead now. :)
    So who else thinks this thread should be featued on the portal?
    Ive already submitted via the news tip button and pmed @SammiSaysHello since she writes alot of xperia articles.