Anyone get MMS to work on T-Mobile US with XDAII?

Search This thread

mlynch01

Nov 29, 2003
New York, NY
Hey fellow XDAII owners I have had the I-Mate Phone Edition for about 4 days now and can't get the MMS to work I believe I have all the settings right because i get the notification that I have a new MMS message but it never downloads it. I am on T-Mobile US network. Anyone else have this problem? :?:

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
mlynch01 said:
Hey fellow XDAII owners I have had the I-Mate Phone Edition for about 4 days now and can't get the MMS to work I believe I have all the settings right because i get the notification that I have a new MMS message but it never downloads it. I am on T-Mobile US network. Anyone else have this problem? :?:

Confirming that you have a T-Zone account with MMS activated and it still want let you send/receive MMS?

Also can you post your settings for review.

HTH

mlynch01

Nov 29, 2003
New York, NY
Qman said:
mlynch01 said:

Confirming that you have a T-Zone account with MMS activated and it still want let you send/receive MMS?

Also can you post your settings for review.

HTH

Yes I do have T-Zones. I had it working just fine on my Sony Ericsson Z600. But here are my settings according to what the MMS program asks.

Server Name: T-Zones
Gateway: 216.155.165.050
Server Address: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

This should be correct, right?

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Yea your settings are correct, the only explanation that I can give at this time is maybe there has been some unreported server changes at T-Mobile. :cry:

HTH

stevef5710649

Dec 1, 2003
I have a i-Mate from PPCW.net. Let me confirm that the same settings
fail on mine as well. I had a discussion with my local T-Mobile store and
she updated the Imei number, and my unit now will tell me that I have an MMS message waiting. Just can't download or send it.

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Thats no good!

For the hell of it why don't you guys download and install EzWAP 2.5 for Xda from Yorch's Web site and see if you can send/receive with it.
EzWAP 2.5 for Xda is located under "Software".

My EZ-Wap 2.5 settings

1. Create a new connection with wap.voicestream.com as the APN

2. EXWap settings:
General Tab:
Connection - WAP
Connect Automatically - Checked
Home Page - wap.myvoicestream.com

Connection Tab:
Connection tyoe - Gateway
Address - 216.155.165.050
Port - 9200
Connectionless gateway - Unchecked
WTLS secured connection - Unchecked

(Note if Port 9200 fails change it to 9201)

Push Tab:
Enable Puch - Checked
Connection Type:
Address - 216.155.175.050
Port - 2948
Connectionless push gateway - Checked
WTLS secured connection - Unchecked

MMS Tab:
Message Server - http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
Sender Address Type: Phone Number
Sender Address - +1(10 digit mobile number)

MMS Option:
Message Expiry: Max
Delivery Report - Checked
Read report - Checked
Hide Sender - Unchecked

HTH

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Strange the Submitted date is 10/13/03 and I've been using this program pretty close to a year now, so go figure!

Oh I see the $49.00 version is EzWAP 2.5 for Pocket PC Phone Edition Only.

arebelspy

Nov 18, 2003
And the difference is...?

The version that supports PPCPE only is $50, but the version that supports PPC and PPCPE is free? Huh?

Does the version you use (from yorch.net) work on WM2003 Phone Edition (i.e. an XDA II)?

Anyone know why they suddenly decided to start charging $50 for this?

Did it used to be available on their website free or what?

-arebelspy

Qman

Jun 22, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
If I'm not mistaken I originally got my free copy from o2.
Anyhow it was big news at the time so those who knew jump on it.

As far as to why they are charging for it now its the same reason AOL charges for AIM for the Pocket PC. Need I say more!

HTH

arebelspy

Nov 18, 2003
AIM on the PPC was exactly what I thought of when I saw it on yorch.net and handango as well. ;)

Oh well, it seems legit enough, guess I'll keep a copy around. It'd be nice to know if the paid version has any differences between it and the free one (where we know AIM isn't different at all, lol).

So can anyone confirm compatability with XDA II?

Thanks,
arebelspy