Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 11:34 AM |#421  
Flag South
Thanks Meter: 1,501

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSoil

I've no idea why, but for some reason this still doesn't work...

Update about i2c issue:
Apparently the driver in the Android tree is different: it's older and has some wakelock mods.
I tried to use i2c-tegra.c from Android tree with minimal modification, but it doesn't boot due to a kernel panic. Perhaps it's worth to invest time figuring out the panic.

It's nice to see that there is still interest in this TF101. I'm afraid I can't help you with that, but I wish you the best luck to sort this out.

22nd May 2015, 02:40 PM |#422  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSoil

I've no idea why, but for some reason this still doesn't work...

Update about i2c issue:
Apparently the driver in the Android tree is different: it's older and has some wakelock mods.
I tried to use i2c-tegra.c from Android tree with minimal modification, but it doesn't boot due to a kernel panic. Perhaps it's worth to invest time figuring out the panic.

The Android kernel is ver 2.6.39.4 whicle the Linux kernels are ver 3.1.10. There are bound to be quite a few differences in the tegra board files. Unfortunately my C skills are not good enough to help out here...
20th July 2015, 08:29 PM |#423  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Keyboard and Mouse
Looking through this thread, I've seen some mentions of the keyboard/trackpad becoming unresponsive when the dock battery is low, but I'm experiencing this issue with a fully charged dock (the tablet itself is ~80%). It happens fairly quickly, too - I have to unplug the dock and reattach it every 30 seconds or so to maintain KB/TP functionality.

Has anyone else experienced this using the following?

DJDill's tf101-14.04-Lubuntu-Tegra-armaf.tar.gz
jrohwer's Ubuntu-3.1.10-10-rootbind-1.0GHz.zip

I followed the instructions from KingZack's rootbind thread:

busybox mount -o remount,rw /
mkdir /data/linuxroot
chmod 755 /data/linuxroot
cd /data/linuxroot
tar -pxvzf /storage/sdcard0/yourubuntufilename.tar.gz
busybox mount -o remount,ro /

My android version is KatKiss Lollipop
21st July 2015, 12:22 PM |#424  
Flag South

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrson

Looking through this thread, I've seen some mentions of the keyboard/trackpad becoming unresponsive when the dock battery is low, but I'm experiencing this issue with a fully charged dock (the tablet itself is ~80%). It happens fairly quickly, too - I have to unplug the dock and reattach it every 30 seconds or so to maintain KB/TP functionality.

Has anyone else experienced this using the following?

DJDill's tf101-14.04-Lubuntu-Tegra-armaf.tar.gz
jrohwer's Ubuntu-3.1.10-10-rootbind-1.0GHz.zip

I followed the instructions from KingZack's rootbind thread:

busybox mount -o remount,rw /
mkdir /data/linuxroot
chmod 755 /data/linuxroot
cd /data/linuxroot
tar -pxvzf /storage/sdcard0/yourubuntufilename.tar.gz
busybox mount -o remount,ro /

My android version is KatKiss Lollipop

Dont connect dock at start until you got on login screen, maybe the problem ?
And check if your dock is really charged.
7th October 2015, 03:33 PM |#425  
Flag Geneseo IL
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
I've been running this for a couple days with limited problems, big thanks to the devs! I've got a problem with cpufrequtils script not running at boot (posted in that thread) but the reason I've come here is to ask about an icon issue. I did the wifi red icon fix, rebooted and all my icons were good. Over the course of subsequent reboots my battery indicator icons in task tray suddenly changed to icons that look like text document icons. I thought I could change icon or widget them and get them back but that only cause more icons to dissappear, Pidgin/Audacious/Remmina/image viewer/gnumeric/vlc/onboard/and about half of the system tools menu are now all gear icons. I can find /usr/share/applications and could edit with gedit to change the icons manually but where do i point them to other than /usr/share/icons? If I change my widget and icon themes back to Lubuntu default and reboot I still have the same generic gear icons for everything and the two document icons for my batteries in the task tray. How can I get my icons back? Thanks!!

Edit: I'm running DJDill 14.04, sorry. I found after posting this that if I changed widget theme back to Lubuntu and icon theme to Lubuntu-default and rebooted that my icons all came back as they should be. Maybe the theme/icon packs that I tried to use didn't contain the necessary icons in the correct size?
6th July 2016, 07:36 AM |#426  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDill

2. Delete key does not work (lock key)

Open Lxsession config via
Preferences -> Default Applications for LXSession
Or run: lxsession-default-apps

Add new entry:
/usr/sbin/mapdeletekey

Then logout and back in

I'm trying to add the delete key to my setup, but can't find where to do this:

I'm in lxsession-default-apps, where do I add the new entry?
Along the left side it says:
Launching Application
Core Applications
Autostart
Settings

I'm not seeing where to add that line?
23rd July 2016, 02:46 PM |#427  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 84

More
erhmmmm really strange for you that I'm posting this, a help request...
My question is:
- (answer is no but I'll ask anyway) will you (mantainers and image creators) make a new image based on 16.04 (not released armaf/armhf now I think) or 15.10?
- because I don't want to disturb you with my useless requests, how could I make this image by myself? (because direct update from Software Updater will bootloop the system, and it can't download 15.10 for no reason :/)
Thanks in advance
26th July 2016, 12:03 AM |#428  
Flag South

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prendomiao

My question is:
- (answer is no but I'll ask anyway) will you (mantainers and image creators) make a new image based on 16.04 (not released armaf/armhf now I think) or 15.10?
- because I don't want to disturb you with my useless requests, how could I make this image by myself? (because direct update from Software Updater will bootloop the system, and it can't download 15.10 for no reason :/)
Thanks in advance

I dont think any of us still got time or TF101 to make new images BUT I think between all threads talking about Ubuntu on TF101 there is almost everything you need to know about making an image yourself we talked about it so it should be there somewhere. I can only tell you to search cause I dont even remember how to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzak34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kingzak34 Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 12:17 PM |#429  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prendomiao

My question is:
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzak34

I dont think any of us still got time or TF101 to make new images BUT I think between all threads talking about Ubuntu on TF101 there is almost everything you need to know about making an image yourself we talked about it so it should be there somewhere. I can only tell you to search cause I dont even remember how to do.

The main issue with 16.04 or any of the newer ubuntu releases is that the Tegra graphics drivers won't work properly on the linux kernel. As it is I had to use the X-ABI 13 drivers (from 13.04) because the X-ABI 14 drivers were broken. Linux-4-Tegra has not released any newer drivers for the (now aging) Tegra 2 chip in our TF101. As it is, resolving the dependencies was quite some effort with some X packages taken from 13.04, others from 13.10, and the bulk of the system from 14.04. So much has changed by 16.04 that I frankly think it is impossible to update. Unless of course you are satisfied without any hardware acceleration, but then it really is so slow to be unusable. At least 14.04 is supported for another 3 years, and by then your TF101 should be ready for the scrap heap

More info in my original post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=303
The Following User Says Thank You to jrohwer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrohwer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)