[RADIO] HTC One M8 Radio collection for different Models/CID's

Search This thread

shievary

Aug 11, 2011
HTC__621

s-off'ed my m8, fixed imei issue via twrp (used HTC__622's radio)...thank you very much :D

Last edited:

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
could/would someone reupload the WWE (1.54.401.5) {1.15.2133156.UA13G} recovery flashable radio.img when time allows. seems OP link "cannot be found" when trying to DL. thanks very much.

"err on the side of kindness"

peacesam

Feb 2, 2011
You said not to flash any of the radios from the top of this thread...could you tell us where do you find the latest radio firmware for htc one m8 radioS? I've been searching for hours and can't find one link.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

You don't want to flash any of the radios in the top post of this radio thread, they are all KitKat. Very old, corresponding to 1.xx software/firmware (3 generations older than the present Lollipop 4.xx firmware you have now). They likely won't play together well, and you'll have serious issues.

In general, yes you should be able to flash a LOLLIPOP AT&T radio over your current firmware. But I tend to lean toward flashing the whole firmware package, just to make sure everything plays together well. I don't see any benefit in staying on "Euro" firmware with AT&T radio flashed over it.

As always, check the relevant thread to make sure you meet the requirements when you flash a radio or firmware. You will need s-off, and may need to change your CID and MID, if you have not already.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I see you've also posted to the ROM/firmware by Wonders_Never_Cease: http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8/help/qa-dev-att-442-443-444-debloated-vvm-t2918216/post63043096#post63043096

If its AT&T firmware you want, this is the thread I usually recommend. In addition to changing your CID, I also think you'll need to change to AT&T MID.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
You said not to flash any of the radios from the top of this thread...could you tell us where do you find the latest radio firmware for htc one m8 radioS? I've been searching for hours and can't find one link.

I haven't seen any properly maintained radio thread. And as I already described in my post you quoted, I would typically recommend flashing the whole firmware package, not just the radio baseband. And you can find many of the firmware zips here: http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/development/progress-fuu-m8-t2813792

Although you don't supply any info on your device, desired firmware, or what you are trying to do exactly. So its impossible to give much specific device for your case. Be careful about flashing other firmware with s-off (such as converting to another versions firmware). In particular, do not try to flash any other firmware to Verizon, Sprint versions of the M8, as it won't work; and may lead to a radio brick.

Last edited:

peacesam

Feb 2, 2011
I haven't seen any properly maintained radio thread. And as I already described in my post you quoted, I would typically recommend flashing the whole firmware package, not just the radio baseband. And you can find many of the firmware zips here: http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/development/progress-fuu-m8-t2813792

Although you don't supply any info on your device, desired firmware, or what you are trying to do exactly. So its impossible to give much specific device for your case. Be careful about flashing other firmware with s-off (such as converting to another versions firmware). In particular, do not try to flash any other firmware to Verizon, Sprint versions of the M8, as it won't work; and may lead to a radio brick.

Thanks for your response. I left out the firmware and phone information hoping that the question was not directed to a specific phone (bad idea). I found a thread that discussed about extracting the firmware from the manufacturer's RUU file. I got to the part where i extracted the rom.zip file but i couldn't extract the radio.img because the zip file was encrypted.

I'm using ATT HTC one m8:
S-off unlocked
CWS_001
Radio 1.14.21331931
Android 6.0.1
Rom: Cm13

I will follow your solution by downloading the entire firmware and flash it that way.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I found a thread that discussed about extracting the firmware from the manufacturer's RUU file. I got to the part where i extracted the rom.zip file but i couldn't extract the radio.img because the zip file was encrypted.

Are you using the built-in Windows unzipping application? If so, try 7-zip. Its a free program, and can handle most compressed file formats (highly recommended for general use, not just RUU and phone stuff).

peacesam

Feb 2, 2011
Are you using the built-in Windows unzipping application? If so, try 7-zip. Its a free program, and can handle most compressed file formats (highly recommended for general use, not just RUU and phone stuff).

I was actually using 7-zip. The issue i ran into (Windows cannot open folder, compressed file is invalid) appear to be very common to other users as well. I manage to use romtool.exe to extract the contents from rom.zip, and i get rom.zip_00.zip to xxx05.zip files. This is when i gave up on the procedure to extract radio.img manually from RUU.

This is the thread i was referring to:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534428

FrickDude

Jun 2, 2013
Has anyone had any luck with updating their Verizon phone? I can't seem to find anything anywhere on this. I am currently S-Offed and am running CyanogenMod 13 Nightlies. My Baseband/Radio version is 1.12.20.1211.
Thanks!

Updated*
I found this website that has updated phone baseband. I think I will wipe my phone and flash this so it will update the Baseband to 1.14.20.0930. Does anyone see anything wrong with this idea? PDAdb.net

Last edited:

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Has anyone had any luck with updating their Verizon phone? I can't seem to find anything anywhere on this. I am currently S-Offed and am running CyanogenMod 13 Nightlies. My Baseband/Radio version is 1.12.20.1211.
Thanks!

Updated*
I found this website that has updated phone baseband. I think I will wipe my phone and flash this so it will update the Baseband to 1.14.20.0930. Does anyone see anything wrong with this idea? PDAdb.net

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3330972 Custom VZW Marshmallow firmware/nand/recovery/RUU etc

There you go. Wasn't very hard to find. Verizon m8, Android development. Took all of 3 clicks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: FrickDude

theDude42

Jul 15, 2012
So, I've dorked around with this for a few days. I have an ATT m8 with s-off. Its on old firmware and I'm trying to update.

When it gets to "sending zip" after doing htc_fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (going from memory, might not be exact, but that step), it just hangs there. I've let it sit for 30 minutes, tried different USB ports, etc.

Also, I've even tried the full RUU to go back to stock many times , but I always get "battery too low" no matter if the battery is 100%.

I'd love some ideas. Are these two things related?

Rooks

Jun 18, 2007
Gujranwala
I think i've the latest one

C:\mini-sdk>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.29.214500021.24_2G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.12.1540.4
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA442WM07895
(bootloader) imei: 352628060202076
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 76df2b54
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

With baseband version : 1.29.214500021.24_2G

Bob in Northern NJ

Oct 22, 2010
Hopatcong
Reactions: freezecze
Apr 26, 2015
Can anyone help me out
I have unlocked htc one m8 sprint
And can only use 2g and unable to receive any signals in 3g.
I think its becoz of frequency problem...but can't enter in diag mode on pc...

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Free mobile app

Nathan2

May 21, 2013
Unfortunately the link to the 1.14 AT&T radio in OP no longer works (Google Drive says file no longer exists).

Does anyone know where else I could get it? Thanks.

Mabz96

Aug 31, 2016
Hi there do you have the radio.img file for the CID: HTC__001?
I keep getting no service on my mobile and was wondering if this were to be the issue.
Regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts