Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 51,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul

Tip us?

RyanMogul
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyjpd View Post
wow, worked like a charm. I'm kind of disapointed, I was soooo close. It was connecting and everything, must have been a modem or internet setting I was missing, or that didn't take with the installation from your cab.

I'd love to make some time and try to figure out whats what.

Thanks again for all your help, personal, and with what you've published. (King Arthur as well of course!).
No problem buddy glad everything worked out for you. PS though, Kingarthur uses my Cricket Carrier and Arcsoft OEM that I made for him. So settings are the same.

PayPal Account not required to Donate.

Donaters please include your Forum Member Name for appreciation.

RM Contributions:

I am very sorry to anyone I have let down the past couple years. My Mother passed away from Cancer and then I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma shortly after. I got into remission once and it came back. I underwent a Stem Cell Transplant and relapsed again. Now getting radiation. Hope to be back. Thank you everyone for your patience, your thoughts, and your prayers. P.S. I am on Verizon nowadays running a LG G2!

nickyjpd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm back to tinkering. I had the cricket carrier cab, maybe I got the wrong arcsoft. Didn't see "oem" version.

I also figured out half the problem is cricket mobile internet quality to.

At least I can run his real fast while I tinker with mighty. Also hope to learn to cook, but thats another day.

I'm going to be driving down your section of the world on a road trip, I'll wave and toss a beer at the first pit sign I see. lol.

This phone really is pretty amazing. Thanks again for all your help.

oziruz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default For Ryan - see if you can fix this one!

Ryan (preferably) , or anyone else for that matter. I just did the 6800 Flash to Ryan's 1.5 Light (WM6.1), and for some reason even though ALL the PST settings are right, and i search all over the registry and everywhere else.... theres the icon at the top, you know the one you click on will show what data sessions are active and the carrier/signal, etc.. well, how come with the NAM info setup to Cricket, it still says Qwest in that little bubble? Any ideas? not a big deal but very frustrating.
Thanks In Advance!

OZiRuZ

HTC Mogul (6800), RM1.5(light)Rom, cricKet Full Service, w/GPS
HTC Apache (6700), Self Made Rom, Cricket Full Service, GPS still not enabled/available.

Moulin13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
everything working perfectly except for the bluetooth, does not recognize a Bluetooth earpiece, phones are recognized but not the hands free..

ddarkone7
Old
(Last edited by ddarkone7; 15th July 2010 at 09:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
my internet keep connecting automatically every 5 mins, i have a Palm Tre Pro, but i used Ryan's wap and mms settings and cab, how do i stop wap from connecting? Thanks Never mind I got it with data controller.

ddarkone7
Old
(Last edited by ddarkone7; 30th July 2010 at 12:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
how do i get my mms settings to stay on Wap 2.0 on my Treo Pro, it keep reverting back to 1.2? never mind

thesteve42
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the setup here works perfect, however there is a better way.
first set to SIP only.
disable all MIP profiles.
reboot and your good to go, with no authentication in PST

RyanMogul
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve42 View Post
the setup here works perfect, however there is a better way.
first set to SIP only.
disable all MIP profiles.
reboot and your good to go, with no authentication in PST
WOW you showed me something that I do not know... lol

Excerpts from my PST settings thread below.

9. Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.

11. Click view info and pick MIP customer profile 1 and make sure Enable profile is DISABLED. Now do the same with the other 4 profiles (profiles 2-5), make sure that the only profile enabled is MIP Default Profile.

Now to correct you, if the phone is programmed for Cricket or is a Cricket phone you do not have to do absolutely every step described in my PST settings.

But if your phone is not a Cricket phone and is not programmed for Cricket then you have to follow every single step to a T for Cricket to function properly, Talk/Text/WAP. MMS The ROM settings need to be perfect as well as PST.

Take care and if you are going to hijack might want to have some information that is not already described in the thread...

RM Contributions:

I am very sorry to anyone I have let down the past couple years. My Mother passed away from Cancer and then I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma shortly after. I got into remission once and it came back. I underwent a Stem Cell Transplant and relapsed again. Now getting radiation. Hope to be back. Thank you everyone for your patience, your thoughts, and your prayers. P.S. I am on Verizon nowadays running a LG G2!

thesteve42
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if u disable profile 0 as well, the security tab disapears.
this was tested on a sprint vogue, on cricket.

RyanMogul
Old
(Last edited by RyanMogul; 9th August 2010 at 09:20 PM.) Reason: Authentication note
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve42 View Post
if u disable profile 0 as well, the security tab disapears.
this was tested on a sprint vogue, on cricket.
Excerpts again from my Cricket PST Settings.

9. Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.

10. Click view info and pick MIP Default Profile, Enable profile should be ENABLE, NAI should be yourtendigitphonenumber@mycricket.com, MN HA SPI set should be enable, MN HA SPI value should be 12c, MN AAA should be enable, MN AAA SPI value should be 2, reverse tunneling should be enable, home address should be 0.0.0.0, Primary HA address should be 68.28.15.12, secondary should be 68.28.31.12, HA shared secret and AAA secret should be cricket <--lowercase, DMU public should be 0, MN Authenticator should be 0.

11. Click view info and pick MIP customer profile 1 and make sure Enable profile is DISABLED. Now do the same with the other 4 profiles (profiles 2-5), make sure that the only profile enabled is MIP Default Profile.

When you put active profile on 0 that is the MIP Default Profile, which if you follow the settings you put that on ENABLE as described above and disable the other 5 profiles 1-5 leaving MIP Default Profile (0) Enabled and active.

If you disable the Default profile which is 0 the security tab may disappear, but then you cannot authenticate (if the phone has never been authenticated first), which in turn disables EVDO.

Look my settings are universal for all HTC devices, I just tested what you said on the Diamond, Touch Pro, and the Mogul. The security tab DID NOT disappear when disabling every single profile (including the default profile). So if one of those phones was not already authenticated I would of have to of performed the authentication which is described in my PST settings. People are most definately better off doing it the way described in the very first post. Follow the instructions to a T and do not let others mislead you. If this persons way works on the vogue so be it, but my way works also, which is universal to all devices.

RM Contributions:

Tags
htc cricket internet