Galaxy note3 menu & back key problem

Search This thread
Feb 10, 2014
zadar
Hi guys
I have a problem with my galaxy note3 n900t. My menu and back key is not working when i touch them with my fingers but they work whit the s pen! Anyone with the same problem or a solution?
Thx

nimixes

Aug 17, 2008
Riverside california
Someone else mentioned something similar, however insufficient information makes it hard to help much. I had an issue with original note and it was the rom. Tried other roms? Are you rooted? Stock? Custom rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

Feb 10, 2014
zadar
Someone else mentioned something similar, however insufficient information makes it hard to help much. I had an issue with original note and it was the rom. Tried other roms? Are you rooted? Stock? Custom rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

The problem started on the stock rom. The key would not light up and they would not respond on my fingers just my s pen... this was the first phone that i liked on a stock rom haha... but i rooted it in hoppe that it would solve the problem.... i installed the wicked v5 rom... but still nothing... i called the service and they never heared about a problem like that... haha... but they sad that i had to repair the hole thing (digitizer,display...) not just the buttons... so not a cheap thing to do... so thats about everything....

newr

Aug 30, 2011
The problem started on the stock rom. The key would not light up and they would not respond on my fingers just my s pen... this was the first phone that i liked on a stock rom haha... but i rooted it in hoppe that it would solve the problem.... i installed the wicked v5 rom... but still nothing... i called the service and they never heared about a problem like that... haha... but they sad that i had to repair the hole thing (digitizer,display...) not just the buttons... so not a cheap thing to do... so thats about everything....

This just happened with my note 3. Not sure if it was after I rooted or it just happened randomly.

nimixes

Aug 17, 2008
Riverside california

Try another clean install of stock. I would suggest putting it to stock and if the issue persists going through samsunh warranty. If the issue was ocurring on stock it is most likely defective. Goodluck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

newr

Aug 30, 2011
Try another clean install of stock. I would suggest putting it to stock and if the issue persists going through samsunh warranty. If the issue was ocurring on stock it is most likely defective. Goodluck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mine is a t-mobile..I think it was fine until I rooted it..but I am not sure as I only just got the phone, so maybe it stopped working before I rooted. I have tried reflashing the stock firmware...no improvement. The only thing I havne't tired is updating it to 4.4.2

Arkymedes

Dec 6, 2009
France
Does anyone has an idea about this problem? This just started today and it's bugging me to no end!

Cheers!

sahilkhan1234

Jan 27, 2016
menu key & back key not working when i flesh stock lollipop 5.0

at&t galaxy note 3 sm-n900a back key and menu key are not working after update lollipop 5 0 same problem here but when i install other custom rom then both key are work but when i install lollipop 5.0 then its not work :( if any one this problem try to flesh other rom hop its work :good:

Reactions: M-Ego

c4nuck

Aug 13, 2016
Did anybody find a solution to this? I just tried rooting my note 3 and it all went fine but now my menu and back button do not work at all with my fingers but works fine with spen. Really hope somebody knows what to do!

Wichitamann

Jul 28, 2017
Would you press *#2663# and tell me what you show under TSP FW? see if the phones touch key FW version is same as Parts touch key FW, try to update all of them if its work great if not let me know so we can upgrade your keys.

Xolse

Sep 21, 2017
So my problem is that only my menu key doesn't work. Just changed the screen/frame. Works with always with the pen and some time when I tap it. Back key works fine. On rooted 5.0. Touch key fw does match at fx10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    menu key & back key not working when i flesh stock lollipop 5.0

at&t galaxy note 3 sm-n900a back key and menu key are not working after update lollipop 5 0 same problem here but when i install other custom rom then both key are work but when i install lollipop 5.0 then its not work :( if any one this problem try to flesh other rom hop its work :good: