Ok guys, to start things off, I'd like to give a bigass thanks to Toatcfh for porting the eris's .29 kernel source so that we can finally have a fully working (hardware-wise) AOSP rom on our heroes. I'd also like to thanks Cyanogen for the source to work off of.
Now, to start things off. having following my actions on xda, you guys will see that for quite some time i've been working with AOSP 2.1, getting everything to work and whatnot. And now, I think we have a fully working AOSP rom! Now, with pleasure I would like to announce the release of Darchdroid v2.7
To give background of this rom, it is an AOSP Rom built from Cyanogenmod sources (with many modifications by myself). Now this is as bare bones a Rom gets, so if you are a minimalist, this is definitely the Rom for you. Though this may be very stripped down, it still has a plethora of features. to list them, here they are:
* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 2.6.29 ported by ToastCFH.
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* Just In Time dalvikvm compiler
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext partition and enable it in settings->applications
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone app enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts app enhancements from Wysie
* MMS app enhancements
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and Cyanogen
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to double-click on the trackball and long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* TrackBall Mods in settings
* Fullscreen or windowed Browser
* Music App overhaul by Eliot Stocker
* Launcher overhaul by AnderWebs
Now, you may be wondering how functional of a build this actually is. well, i'm proud to say this rom tackles almost all previous issues associated with AOSP. Here i'll give you a list of Does and doesn't
What Does Work
* All Sensors
* Most Live Wallpapers (HW restrictions)
* Camera (5MP)
* Bluetooth (maybe audio out through calls)
Now, so n00bs don't come bug me, i will also detail how exactly this should be done
1.) Root and install a recovery image, preferably the one i provide.
2.) Make a nandroid backup (can't guarantee everything will go alright for you )
4.) install the rom
5.) Optionally you can flash Google ****s if you want them
1.) Make an nandroid
2.) flash the rom (the updater-script will backup and restore your Google ****s for you)
Now, if you possibly may havea bug or some other issue, please follow these simple guidelines
How to Report Bugs or issues (thanks Cyanogen for the copy paste )
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg". adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output. Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the the bugreporter whenever possible!
- Report bugs HERE if no one on these forums can help u
Now onto the good stuff.
2.8 STABLE ROM (8-4-10) No Wipe updates (Check Changelog for Changes pl0x)
Google ****s (6-15-10)
Unofficial Amon_RA 1.7 (6-8-10)
v2.8 - Updated kernel to v126.96.36.199, undervolt all cpu frequencies, fixed Lockscreen Lag (thanks Netarchy) updated ADW to 1.0.1, removed JIT (see second post to reenable it), Final Darchdroid (moving all my work upstream to CyanogenMod)
v2.7 - Removed BFS, fix'd MMS (thank u xda team ), incorporated ADW and Spare parts settings into the mainline settings, fix'd party in ur pants bug (thanks zewt), 480p res is unstable at this moment but option is there, fix'd gps, updated kernel version.
v2.6.5 - Added BFS 316, fixed lights issue, switched to ADW Launcher, added the trackball mods back into the ROM,fixed the google ****s not backing up and restoring issue, fixed gallery rotation issue though some icons are disproportional still, built eri.xml into the frameworks
v2.6.4 - Fixed video camera, updated DSupdater, changed elastic interloper for less bouncy homescreen, added tun.ko, and added option to clear ongoing notifications (voicemail icon )
v2.6.3 - Fix hw3d never going to sleep issue which in turns fixes gallery app which in turn fux live wallpapers , huge increase in speed in the launcher, more options to play with in spare parts.
v2.6.2 - revert Gallery3d to 2d (3d gallery left in for those who like it), hopefully fixed awake time, removed trackball mods, notification bar settings through spare parts, updated phone apk by Wysie, fixed gps (accurate to 8 meters)(thanks kraminc for the fix zip), added back in livewallpapers.apk, for vvm check attachments
v2.6.1- fixes openGL, camera now at 5 MP (thanks quietcblongs), video recording, Youtube