[q] how to root lg g pro f240l with official kitkat 4.4.2

Search This thread

aristik

Jan 16, 2012
How can I unroot my LG-F240K?
As it got an OTA update.
And I am not be able to install it.

Sent from my LG-F240K using XDA Free mobile app

In SU settings ..close to bottom there is the full unroot button.

Has anyone installed the new update ~ 55MB ?
My F240L just won't install it saying that it might be some compatibility issue .... I mean really?

The update begins and at 3% i get an error Err0x13 or something like that.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? I unrooted it before trying this..

aristik

Jan 16, 2012
Same thing is happening to me
Super su is not unrooting properly

I think you are right.
The last time I tried after the error, it said that device isn't unrooted..

Anybody, any ideas? I'm hoping this update will bring better internet for my f240L, especially better signal for wifi.

chimmot307

Mar 24, 2012
This may sound silly.

I just updated to kitkat 4.4.2, and I can't seem to find Enable USB Debug in Settings Menu.

Can you help me, guys ?

romikavinda

Jun 14, 2014
Colombo
Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Is there a way to flash TWRP to F240L other than FreeGee??

Last edited:

corelle

Apr 10, 2007
Newark NJ
it worked before now its not pushing the root file its says cant find device??? can i just take the root file and flash it with flashify???

I've found the kitkat rooting tool for Optimus G Pro which was released yesterday. It's confirmed to be working for F240x series phones with KitKat.

StartRoot.bat will take you to a cwm recovery mode in where you can select the sideload option to install the root files. Once done, just install supersu from Play.
Just tried it on a F240K and works fine.

favjmnm

May 17, 2014
LG F240L

Friends would like your help. I live in Brazil and currently have the LG F240L purchased on aliexpress, Band-based M9615A CEFWMAZM-2.0.1628 android 4.4.2, kernel 3.4.0, software F240L20f. The software is full of koreanos programs and sms only has 80 characters. How can I solve it step by step and continue using android 4.4.2?: Good:

gidam

Apr 27, 2014
I used the script/flash files provided by galapagos on post #4.
It worked perfectly well. I was able to reboot, install superSU without loosing any data.
However, the device rebooted after some time. And now is stuck in LG logo.

I can go to "service mode" and repeat the flashing process through ADB:
Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload root.zip
it flashes and askes for reboot. Then it is stuck again in LG logo...
Phone Model LGF240L from LG South Korea with stock ROM.

What can I do to recover the phone without loosing data?
Thank you

gidam

Apr 27, 2014
I used the script/flash files provided by galapagos on post #4.
It worked perfectly well. I was able to reboot, install superSU without loosing any data.
However, the device rebooted after some time. And now is stuck in LG logo.

I can go to "service mode" and repeat the flashing process through ADB:
Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload root.zip
it flashes and askes for reboot. Then it is stuck again in LG logo...
Phone Model LGF240L from LG South Korea with stock ROM.

What can I do to recover the phone without loosing data?
Thank you
I fixed the phone using LG Flash Tool 2014 + Korea LG U+ KitKat F240L20d_00.kdz (found here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=PUTyourEMEIhere).
Adding these lines to my /hosts file
127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
127.0.0.1 csmgdl.lgmobile.com

However, it looks like I lost all data even doing a "normal Flash" instead of a "CSE Flash".

Hope this helps someone some day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont think there is one for the official kitkat yet. I flashed mine through CWM (kitkat & superuser)

sent from my kit kat e980

I've found the kitkat rooting tool for Optimus G Pro which was released yesterday. It's confirmed to be working for F240x series phones with KitKat.

StartRoot.bat will take you to a cwm recovery mode in where you can select the sideload option to install the root files. Once done, just install supersu from Play.
    Just tried it on a F240K and works fine.
    HI EVERYONE,

FOR PAST SOME TIME IM HAVING LG G PRO F240L AND YESTERDAY IT UPDATED TO OFFICIAL KITKAT 4.4.2, NOW I NEED TO ROOT IT AND ALMOST GONE THROUGH EVERY POSSIBLE WAY BUT IT DIDNT ROOT MY PHONE SO NOW I NEED EXPERT GUIDANCE AND SOLUTION PLZ. HELP ME GUYS :eek:
    Much appreciated for this post! How do I get into Recovery Mode without the use of a PC? :)

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot&hl=en_GB

This works :)

Or just use the power button + volume button combination to get into the recovery mode.
    Thanks so much mate.. But which volume buttons do I press and when do I press them? :) Can you please give me more details? :) Much appreciated ! ;o)

With the phone turned off, press power & volume up buttons at the same time. Then when the white text message comes up, release both buttons.

Sent from my LG-F240K using Tapatalk
    Same thing is happening to me
    Super su is not unrooting properly