[UTIL][JAN 20, 2024] Apktool - Tool for reverse engineering apk files

Search This thread
Look again. Gmail is a separate app themed and recompiled and flashable.

Link to thread? I haven't tried in a while though but haven't seen any errors with manifest I couldn't get around. It was resources, anything in values like styles and colors xml. Theming the images and layouts work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Labs

Thebear j koss

Link to thread? I haven't tried in a while though but haven't seen any errors with manifest I couldn't get around. It was resources, anything in values like styles and colors xml. Theming the images and layouts work fine.

I think it is here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2544628
Figured it might be worth taking a look. Not sure what was themed or not, but maybe he has found a work around...

Thebe?r'$ NeXu$

Reactions: TONY6669

Phone_Guru

Jul 11, 2010
Jerusalem
Which folder is your Gmail installed to?

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Try latest version which I just uploaded, 6.9

Which folder is your Gmail installed to?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Try latest version which I just uploaded, 6.9

You're flashing it to data? Didn't work for me neither. New link says deleted file...flashing to data? You doing a vr theme?

Last edited:

_alex74_

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
Maybe it's not meant to be installed as a system app?

I have it now installed on system with my edits to layouts and smali so i can theme it fully with theme chooser. I can't edit anything in values or it will crash...on system or data!

ok fully working here, the guy did it!!! put in data app, i have even modified to mu likings, but maybe we shall talk on private about this?
Next step is trying overlay theme, so no more stupid updates bother :)

Sorry @iBotPeaches we will discuss this in private, please guys let's have a talk contact me on msg :)

ok fully working here, the guy did it!!! put in data app, i have even modified to mu likings, but maybe we shall talk on private about this?
Next step is trying overlay theme, so no more stupid updates bother :)

Sorry @iBotPeaches we will discuss this in private, please guys let's have a talk contact me on msg :)

Until I see inverted screenshots and proof it can be inverted I'm not believing this. Not saying it's not possible but not one screen and on data will it stay after reboot? Normally signature checks on data will break it. System there are no checks...even then it get certificate errors. Just seems fishy.

Reactions: TONY6669

TONY6669

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 14, 2012
chicago
Until I see inverted screenshots and proof it can be inverted I'm not believing this. Not saying it's not possible but not one screen and on data will it stay after reboot? Normally signature checks on data will break it. System there are no checks...even then it get certificate errors. Just seems fishy.

I use Aqua Mail now love it 100 times better than Gmail

Sent From Gurple Tapatalk

Thebear j koss

Yeah, i know there are a lot of people that have been trying for almost what 2 years now, to theme gmail. I actually was hoping a workaround was found but i haven't seen a working gmail since 4.5.2. I know some had 4.5.6 working, but even that was hit or miss....

Thebe?r'$ NeXu$

Yeah, i know there are a lot of people that have been trying for almost what 2 years now, to theme gmail. I actually was hoping a workaround was found but i haven't seen a working gmail since 4.5.2. I know some had 4.5.6 working, but even that was hit or miss....

Thebe?r'$ NeXu$

It's not a fix, still a work around. I guess it works but I have already noticed issues that users will have to face trying it. Flashing it to data has always been a bad idea. One major complaint will be...it needs to be installed originally then must have -1 -2 or whatever on the package. So it's not truly a fix. What we need to figure out is why? I really don't think it's an apk tool issue.

piquadrat

Oct 6, 2009
I'm wondering if it is a way to substitute "Archive" with "Mark as Read" in gmail notifications. I saw some suggestions long long time ago that this feature could be in fact implemented but switched off in manifest. If you guys came across or maybe implemented patches which address this feature I'd really appreciate any info.
And yes, there are substitutes to gmail app. But almost none of them support mail label (or filter) based sounds. Essential feature for me. Different sound for different mail classes. ProfiMail Go supports this but but that GUI, uffff.
The second thing is battery life. GCM is much better then any proprietary or IMAP_IDLE based solution i dealt with.

Last edited:

Thebear j koss

I'm wondering if it is a way to substitute "Archive" with "Mark as Read" in gmail notifications. I saw some suggestions long long time ago that this feature could be in fact implemented but switched off in manifest. If you guys came across or maybe implemented patches which address this feature I'd really appreciate any info.
And yes, there are substitutes to gmail app. But almost none of them support mail label (or filter) based sounds. Essential feature for me. Different sound for different mail classes. ProfiMail Go supports this but but that GUI, uffff.
The second thing is battery life. GCM is much better then any proprietary or IMAP_IDLE based solution i dealt with.
What's the difference? If archived does it disappear from list of emails as opposed to just remaining but grayed out signifying that it was read? Just curious...

Thebe?r'$ NeXu$

piquadrat

Oct 6, 2009
What's the difference? If archived does it disappear from list of emails as opposed to just remaining but grayed out signifying that it was read? Just curious...

Theber'$ NeXu$
Personal preferences. I'm old-fashioned, I suppose, and like inbox with read and unread mails not all scattered across different places/folders.
If you like I can try if I'm able to modify gmail look and make it runnable. But what should I change?

Thebear j koss

Personal preferences. I'm old-fashioned, I suppose, and like inbox with read and unread mails not all scattered across different places/folders.
If you like I can try if I'm able to modify gmail look and make it runnable. But what should I change?
I didn't mean it like who cares!!???!!! LoL I was curious if that was the difference, I'm not positive on what the difference is and was taking a wild guess.

Thebe?r'$ NeXu$

piquadrat

Oct 6, 2009
Archiving means moving from "Inbox" to "All mail" IMAP folder but the message could be automatically restored in some cases. All in all, not what I like. And there is an app which explore this cleaning inbox concept fully (google's "Inbox" by Gmail) so I don't understand google strategy here.

Top Liked Posts