Originally Posted by talwell
We refurbish and sell HTC phones. Currently we have received about 250 T-Mobile Shadow phones.
Upon initial testing we are finding that some of the phones the wifi does not function. After some reading I see that this is a common problem. Some people have resolved with hard reset, reloading rom, and one by changing some hardware.
We have tried all these steps and still have not gotten any defective ones to work.
Has anyone had this issue and able to resolve it?
FROM THE WIKI
- <LI class="tightenable top bottom">Some versions of this phone are cursed with the "driver is not loaded" error while trying to use the WiFi. <LI class="tightenable top bottom">Some people reported that doing a hard-reset solved their problem.
- The cause and solution for this is still unknown.
Software "view" of this problem: On a broken WiFi
phone the radio stack wasn't corrupted, all the files and registry seamed to be correct.
Hardware "view" of this problem: Swapping parts between a phone with working WiFi
and one with broken WiFi
, the problem was isolated to the circuit behind the d-pad wheel where the screen is attached to.
On the working WiFi phone:
On the broken WiFi phone:
- <LI class="tightenable top bottom">The writting on the antenna reads: the manufactured date and the word PHOEBUS
- The stamp on the microSD slot reads GUKE
- <LI class="tightenable top bottom">The writting on the antenna reads: a version code and the word PHOEBUS
- The stamp on the microSD slot reads GTIE
Print that out take it to t-mobile and tell them you have a manufacture defective phone and you want a new one.
VM HTC One V (Stock Rooted)
T-MO MT SLIDE (Stock - Soon to be rooted)
KINDLE FIRE HD (Stock Rooted)
SPRINT EVO 3D (Broken Screen)
T-MO MT4G (Broken Screen)
T-MO MT SLIDE (Water Damage)
T-MO G1 (Dogs Chew Toy, They Thought)
T-MO MT3G (Dogs Chew Toy, They Thought)
SE XPERIA 1 (Won't Boot)
T-MO SHADOW (Screen Died)