Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FINISHED] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Tip us?

norkoastal
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Sounds like progresss.. To spice up the bounty a bit I have $5 ready to send if the following is implemented in the final product.

Options for:
- What flashes (calls, sms, email, optional tweet)
- How long those flashes are for (1 hr for calls, sms, 5 seconds for email)
- Flash types.. example: alternating flashes for call, dual flash for SMS, fast
single flash for tweet.

Thanks for helping make this program come to life.. Great idea!
Device: 3vo - Shootem! | ROM: Stock
Nook Color | ROM: Full Root Running CM7

apristel
Old
(Last edited by apristel; 18th June 2010 at 02:52 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
The way I had it / kinda want it... is for the camera LED to flash only on incoming calls and/or texts...whatever... but not to continue to flash as a reminder...maybe that could be an option.

I'm open to anything obviously since its a step in the right direction.

I am super excited. I really appreciate your effort in creating this.

iamshaked
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wantttttt. Thx

banksj17
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I will put some money in the pot

rdude
Old
(Last edited by rdude; 22nd June 2011 at 08:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=14961111

Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

Compatability Notes: This version will work with the EVO, Desire, and Droid. If you have a Froyo phone (Nexus One) you should be able to use the Froyo version (in the Market or later in this thread, post #65).
Attached Files
File Type: apk FlashlightAlerts.apk - [Click for QR Code] (20.8 KB, 6622 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EVOKeith
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am not able to find it in the Market on my EVO either.
HTC EVO 4G - 0002
ROM: King's Shift 4G
Kernal: Stock

jabbawalkee
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdude View Post
Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.
Good work man!!! Just purchased it to support your work and helping out. Much appreciated. Going to try it now and let everyone know what I think
Follow me on Twitter

Market Themes (for Theme Engine):
MellowYellow (NEW!!)
MattedBlues

rdude
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
Good work man!!! Just purchased it to support your work and helping out. Much appreciated. Going to try it now and let everyone know what I think
Saw your comment on there, thanks so much for the support! I'll try to add more notification types over the weekend.

jabbawalkee
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdude View Post
Saw your comment on there, thanks so much for the support! I'll try to add more notification types over the weekend.
You're very welcome. It's a great tweak! Oh no problem with the other notifications, take your time. It was just a suggestion to really expand the app
Follow me on Twitter

Market Themes (for Theme Engine):
MellowYellow (NEW!!)
MattedBlues

intel i7 quad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default keep up the good work

keep up the good work

Tags
apristel, flash, incoming call, led