Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

(Tools) Avabox

8th June 2010, 05:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 316

1,097 posts
Donate to Me
More
So this is the Avabox. original title i know

I put this to together back with the hero during some hard forums times in order to push further development with customizations. and it worked.

so here it is for the Evo devs. I set it up for windows but of course perl scripts run in linux so its universal. But if you want to learn/work on some customizations for the evo but you dont wanna dual boot linux or w/e here is something for you.

im hoping to see some good things soon any issues with this just comment or pm. good luck.

Avabox Download
8th June 2010, 05:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

1,558 posts
Donate to Me
What is it?
8th June 2010, 05:14 AM   |  #3  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,768

2,083 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalaunchmods

So this is the Avabox. original title i know

I put this to together back with the hero during some hard forums times in order to push further development with customizations. and it worked.

so here it is for the Evo devs. I set it up for windows but of course perl scripts run in linux so its universal. But if you want to learn/work on some customizations for the evo but you dont wanna dual boot linux or w/e here is something for you.

im hoping to see some good things soon any issues with this just comment or pm. good luck.

Avabox Download

You are really doing us a favor. The Avabox's in the Hero forum were a life saver(but I lost the links to them).

Putting this in my Resources Guide. A must-have toolbox.
8th June 2010, 05:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kentucky

1,097 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decad3nce

You are really doing us a favor. The Avabox's in the Hero forum were a life saver(but I lost the links to them).

Putting this in my Resources Guide. A must-have toolbox.

good to hear. im staying busy so its hard to work on the evo. im honestly happy stock haha. but anyways yes lets keep this alive and get everyone in on some evo love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrono

What is it?

its a compilation of scripts for windows to cook a rom and create/modify/extract/compile/unzip/deodex/sign/everything android 1.5 and up.

works with linux too.
8th June 2010, 07:14 AM   |  #5  
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 55

502 posts
More
Good timing. I'm here trying to remove yxplayer's trial / 2min time limit. Managed to decompile, edited smali files, recompile, sign. So far so good, worked as expected (re-mapping various functions to different buttons). Now gotta hunt down the code which actually triggers that 2min play limit, and with some luck, maybe the whole validate-the-serial-number routine

PS: was using only APKTool & Auto-Sign. Will check out the tools in Avabox and see if they will be useful.
8th June 2010, 07:19 AM   |  #6  
Flag Waldo
Thanks Meter: 46

368 posts
Donate to Me
More
This includes the installer for 64-bit ActivePerl. Here's the link for the 32-bit installer in case anyone needs it: http://downloads.activestate.com/Act...x86-291969.msi
18th June 2010, 06:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Kentucky

1,097 posts
Donate to Me
More
bump for life.
19th June 2010, 02:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag With your mom :) milf
Thanks Meter: 5

842 posts
maybe a bump maybe not this is awesome is this the latest version? Oh stupid question? Someones gonna ask. this is great for unpacking boot.img signing zips everything to make your own rom. Wow even has a deodexer
The Following User Says Thank You to thatguythatdid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2010, 05:13 PM   |  #9  
Flag Waldo
Thanks Meter: 46

368 posts
Donate to Me
More
This package is literally everything you need to make your own custom rom. So use it.
20th June 2010, 01:37 AM   |  #10  
Flag Southie
Thanks Meter: 116

1,773 posts
Thank you so much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread