Wifi Tethering working ! !!

Search This thread

livanhs

May 9, 2015
... finally, download the sqlite 2.1.1 and was showing me "Storage Settings" (com.android.provider.settings), previously was using the version 3.0 that had downloaded from Google Play and is not working

Thanks to everyone who helped me

I have another question anyone knows how to activate the network mode on the LG G2 d800, AT&T disables the default ..

livanhs

May 9, 2015
Hi I need help again, it is my lg g2 q d800 upgrade to android 5.0.2 and now trying to turn the hotspot with sqlite q tells me that database is locked by another process .. I have root access, anyone can help me with this problem

sadeghspy

Apr 27, 2015
Thanks for this great solution! I was banging my head for so long, and now I feel I am close to a resolution of this tethering problem.
I encountered a (small, I hope) problem on the way. After changing the entry from 1 to 0, the SQLite gives me message (Update failed. Error code 5: Database is locked)
I read that this is due to the fact that the database is used by other application(s) and is locked. Is there any workaround/solution for this?

Thanks again.

p.s. I have Optimus E970 AT&T, on other network SIM unlocked, stock firmware 4.04

me too recive Database is locked error
restart your phone and test again! worked!

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I dont know, why in my phone, I not find com.android.provider.settings option.

my phone is rooted with stock ROM, I use PDA net and foxfi for get USB Tetter, and work perfect.

please help me.

EDIT
OK, i found, Now is worked perfect.
go to FILES TAB > data/data/com.android.providers.setting/databases/setings.db

Last edited:

mrstudio34

Jul 15, 2015
my doesnt show com.android.provider.settings >>.. i cant find it...on lg 980 im roote

Cant find com.android.provider.settings >>
You need to try and activate the hot spot initially in the user interface settings, once it rejects to turn on the hotspot. Do the following :
VVV

***** > in sqlite editor.. goto com.android.provider.settings >> then system >> then settings.db>> then PRESS UR BOTTOM BUTTON, >> SELECT FILTER, >>>PRESS THE DROP DOWN SECTION, >>>SELECT NAME >>> AND TYPE TETHER>>> you'll then see.. "tether_entitlement_check_state" goto the value and edit to 0 .. it will save ..then reboot phone ...give some thanks to CXENTE !!!!!!!! ooo me too if ya want :p lol I TESTED THIS AT WORK MY BUDDY CONNECTED TO MY PHONE ... Got some screen shots lol

~Nasty

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda premium

Jeremymarte

Sep 1, 2015
Thank you very much!!

You need to try and activate the hot spot initially in the user interface settings, once it rejects to turn on the hotspot. Do the following :
VVV

***** > in sqlite editor.. goto com.android.provider.settings >> then system >> then settings.db>> then PRESS UR BOTTOM BUTTON, >> SELECT FILTER, >>>PRESS THE DROP DOWN SECTION, >>>SELECT NAME >>> AND TYPE TETHER>>> you'll then see.. "tether_entitlement_check_state" goto the value and edit to 0 .. it will save ..then reboot phone ...give some thanks to CXENTE !!!!!!!! ooo me too if ya want :p lol I TESTED THIS AT WORK MY BUDDY CONNECTED TO MY PHONE ... Got some screen shots lol

~Nasty

Just amazing!!!! I was going to get crazy because of this problem, but finally I found a way to fix it!!

AzureV

Apr 21, 2011
I have no such entry. What should I do?

Also, can I use this method to fix NFC issue? if so, how? Thanks before.

purpleurkle

Apr 29, 2012
okc
I'm having the same problem cause I'm on a custom ROM so there's no way to try and turn hotspot on, get rejected and get the message to subscribe to the the service.

Sent from my LG-LS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

hellfire88

Sep 3, 2015
I have an unlocked AT&T LG G Flex 2 on Android 5.0.1 that I'm using on T-Mobile. Its rooted and I'm trying to follow these directions to get the stock mobile hotspot working. I downloaded SQLite Editor v2.1.1 and when I try to open settings.db, I get an error saying

"this database is locked by another process. Try again in a moment or two"

Does anyone know how I can get around this? If I can't fix it I'll have to put the phone on eBay since I need to use the hotspot functionality from time-to-time (my T-Mobile account allows for tethering actually). Thank you.

AzureV

Apr 21, 2011
I'm having the same problem cause I'm on a custom ROM so there's no way to try and turn hotspot on, get rejected and get the message to subscribe to the the service.

Sent from my LG-LS990 using XDA Free mobile app

So that's the reason why it is not registered?

Hmm. I have just realized that my problem is slightly different from what is discussed on this thread. My hotspot can be turned on, but it cannot be found by other devices. Anyone having a similar problem?

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
I have an unlocked AT&T LG G Flex 2 on Android 5.0.1 that I'm using on T-Mobile. Its rooted and I'm trying to follow these directions to get the stock mobile hotspot working. I downloaded SQLite Editor v2.1.1 and when I try to open settings.db, I get an error saying

"this database is locked by another process. Try again in a moment or two"

Does anyone know how I can get around this? If I can't fix it I'll have to put the phone on eBay since I need to use the hotspot functionality from time-to-time (my T-Mobile account allows for tethering actually). Thank you.

Download SELinuxModeChanger and change mode to permissive.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

juansupreme

Jan 22, 2013
works well on 1st try

works well with 2.1.1, It saves. The new free one doesn't save
Search here

www_apkhere_com

mandee44

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for mobile hotspot fix, finally I'm able to connect my HS, awesome?thanx a bunch? ALSO mine is different to.

Dannybones

Dec 27, 2015
These MODIFIED STEPS worked for me!

I am going to make these as dummy-proof as possible, since I is a dummy:
This worked for my LG Optimus Pro E980.
1) Phone must be rooted (easy to do, other posts cover that)
2) Pay $3 and download SQLite editor by Speed Software to your phone
3) Open SQLite Editor on your phone
4) Click on "FILES" tab on top
5) Click on "data"
6) Click on "data" (from this point on, you may have to do some scrolling to find the right entry)
7) Click on "com.android.providers.settings"
8) Click on "databases"
9) Click on "settings.db"
10) Click on "system"
11) Click on "tether_entitlement_check_state" so it highlights grey (on mine, it's _id 24343, and so was near the bottom of the list. Yours may differ)
12) Click the pencil icon on top to start editing
13) Change the value to 0 (Mine was 5)
14) Click "Save"
15) Reboot your phone
16) Turn on Wifi Hotspot, and start Hotspottin'!

francko225

Jul 15, 2011
Are you on AT&T or are you unlocked to T Mobile

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2
Hi
I got a T-Mobile LG G2 LS980 and i can't get the mobile hotspot get working. I tried many times with SqLite Editor, and finally found the database in setting storage>setting.db>system but i can't find this value "tether_entitlement_check_state"? i attached a screen capture to know the right value to edit. My phone is rooted and i use android 4.4.2

Thanks for your help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xtvB_iUxoyOU5YZkZTZVFtbDQ/view

crizna007

May 15, 2014
OnePlus 6T
not found com..provider.settings on my htc desire eye

VVV

***** > in sqlite editor.. goto com..provider.settings >> then system >> then settings.db>> then PRESS UR BOTTOM BUTTON, >> SELECT FILTER, >>>PRESS THE DROP DOWN SECTION, >>>SELECT NAME >>> AND TYPE TETHER>>> you'll then see.. "tether_entitlement_check_state" goto the value and edit to 0 .. it will save ..then reboot phone ...give some thanks to CXENTE !!!!!!!! ooo me too if ya want :p lol I TESTED THIS AT WORK MY BUDDY CONNECTED TO MY PHONE ... Got some screen shots lol

~Nasty

not found com..provider.settings on my htc desire eye please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VVV

~Nasty

CXENTE found away to activate it but we were unable to find what he found in SQ editor >>>>> I finally did after filtering it in sq editor... all E980 phones will be different .... Read below
    Lol... I'm still scratching my head, wondering why, mines is in a different location :eek:. 1258

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
    It should be noted that "tether_entitlement_check_state" didn't appear for me until I actually attempted to enable mobile hotspot in settings. After I did that, "tether_entitlement_check_state" appeared and I was able to edit the value to zero.
    in sql editor there is not a com.android.provider.settings listed
    at&t new kitkat update/rooted
    followed steps to enable tether through the settings waited to get the denied
    then went into sql editor

Same for me. Rooted, SQLite Editor, tried and failed several times to set up wifi hotspot but the database com.android.provider.settings never shows up. I do have a com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks........
    Any suggestions?

Nevermind.... Its located towards the bottom. Open "Settings Storage" (under that icon you will see com.android.provider.settings)
    :)