Stuck on "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless" or ODIN Mode

Search This thread

gs3noob

Nov 18, 2012
I had rooted my Galaxy S3 VW version to 4.0.4. and tried to flash an Eclipse Rom to it and somehow I soft bricked it and can't get it to do anything. I have searched all over these forums and can't get anywhere.

At this point I just have a headache.

tu3218

Apr 14, 2009
Go to droidstyles guide under stickies in android development. Find the guide to Odin back to stock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Zalithian

Aug 8, 2012
I had rooted my Galaxy S3 VW version to 4.0.4. and tried to flash an Eclipse Rom to it and somehow I soft bricked it and can't get it to do anything. I have searched all over these forums and can't get anywhere.

At this point I just have a headache.

You have searched all over and you can't find anything on the most common thread posting on the entire forum?

http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=100790220

Also:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Section 6. Please research before flashing.

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
I can't believe you couldn't find anything on this, even using tapatalk to search the forums, and tapatalks search function is a joke. I was able to find the threads Zalithian posted and more

Just in case you didn't read them or droidstyle's guide the problem you're having is cause you used either version 1.3 or 1.4 of EZ-Unlock. If you'd read droidstyle's guide you would have known to use version 1.2 or lower to unlock it. As the posters above me said, you're going to have to use Odin to go back to stock and start from the beginning again.

This time follow droidstyle's guide and you won't have a problem. I try not to be rude to newbies, because we have ALL been there, but this was just plain lazy on your part man. Even when I was a newbie I researched almost everything before I posted a question about it.

Sent from one of the many Anthropomorphic Personalities of the Disc

Reactions: droidstyle

gs3noob

Nov 18, 2012
I can't believe you couldn't find anything on this, even using tapatalk to search the forums, and tapatalks search function is a joke. I was able to find the threads Zalithian posted and more

Just in case you didn't read them or droidstyle's guide the problem you're having is cause you used either version 1.3 or 1.4 of EZ-Unlock. If you'd read droidstyle's guide you would have known to use version 1.2 or lower to unlock it. As the posters above me said, you're going to have to use Odin to go back to stock and start from the beginning again.

This time follow droidstyle's guide and you won't have a problem. I try not to be rude to newbies, because we have ALL been there, but this was just plain lazy on your part man. Even when I was a newbie I researched almost everything before I posted a question about it.

Alright.. I just got confused by the 300 stickies and threads on the site, but thank you for pointing out that I needed the version 1.2 or lower to unlock it. I downloaded it and put it in a folder on my computer... I tried to start from the 6th section on droidstyle's guide (Odin to stock) but I am stuck on the green android screen with the words "Downloading... Do not turn off target!! and no comport number on the upper left of the GS3 screen... ODIN Mode is in red at the top. I just can't get past this step when I try everything. IDK what I am doing wrong.

Terry_blair

Aug 13, 2012
atlanta
First time I saw it say that on my phone I about s**t my pants

Flashed root66 through odin (I had to find the 'right' version of odin to get it to work) then it workes. No more system software not authorizes. The unlocked my bootloader after realizing that was the problem.

S**k it verizon *raising midle finger*

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

gs3noob

Nov 18, 2012
First time I saw it say that on my phone I about s**t my pants

Flashed root66 through odin (I had to find the 'right' version of odin to get it to work) then it workes. No more system software not authorizes. The unlocked my bootloader after realizing that was the problem.

S**k it verizon *raising midle finger*

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

So, just open up the 2.1 version of Odin with only F-reset time selected and the phone tick box checked and the root66 file and hit start?

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
So, just open up the 2.1 version of Odin with only F-reset time selected and the phone tick box checked and the root66 file and hit start?

Firstly you need to be using Odin version 3.07 .
You're going to plug your phone in first and then you're going to start Odin. I think, if I remember correctly, the comport pulls up in red. Then you are going to leave all the little check boxes alone, the only 2 that should be selected are Auto reboot and F. Reset Time and they are already selected when you start Odin. Then you are going to click on the PDA button and select the file you downloaded to flash and find the file you downloaded and select it. Then just press start, it will seem like its frozen towards the end of flashing, but its not DO NOT unplug your phone unless you want a pretty paperweight. That should be all you have to do. ALSO there won't be a comport number on your phones screen, only on the Odin screen, and like I said above I am pretty sure that the comport number is always in red but you need to make sure the stock ROM you downloaded to flash in Odin was one of the ones in Droidstyle's guide only.

I know there are a ****load of stickies but they aren't confusing they're there to keep something like this from happening, its generally best to ask questions first if you don't know what you're doing or just read through all of the stickies that pertain to what you're trying to do. When I first was trying to figure out how to unlock and flash for the very first time I read every sticky and post in the development section that had anything to do with my phones specific processes. That's how I learned what to do, even the stuff I didnt need to know at the time I still read just because I might need it one day.

Sent from one of the many Anthropomorphic Personalities on the Disc

Last edited:
Reactions: kintwofan

Itzvik

Oct 27, 2012
Ocala
It's pretty easy once your phone says downloading it shwould be in download mode. Open Odin from the link provided In droidstyles guide and comport should have a number marked in yellow. Mine said comport 0:5 then leave everything alone click on pda and look for the stock Rom that you downloaded the stock 4.0.4 Rom should be 1.2 gigs. Once you click start wait about 5-10 minutes then it shoold reboot your device. Mostlikely you will be stuck in the 4g screen just wait 5 minutes if it doesn't change take out the battery and plug it back in then hold volume+power+home buttons and boot into the android recovery and wipe data. Reboot and you should be good to go.

voodoomanx

Jul 26, 2012
If you don't have a comport number you haven't installed the Samsung driver's. Those are also in droid styles guide.

rohit123425

Sep 22, 2016
Samsung s3.
system software not authorized by Verizon wireless has been found o your phone.please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon wireless store for help.what can I do.please help.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Samsung s3.
system software not authorized by Verizon wireless has been found o your phone.please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon wireless store for help.what can I do.please help.
Download your stock firmware, install Odin, boot to download mode and flash the firmware with Odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung s3.
    Download your stock firmware, install Odin, boot to download mode and flash the firmware with Odin.

Firstly you need to be using Odin version 3.07 .
    You're going to plug your phone in first and then you're going to start Odin. I think, if I remember correctly, the comport pulls up in red. Then you are going to leave all the little check boxes alone, the only 2 that should be selected are Auto reboot and F. Reset Time and they are already selected when you start Odin. Then you are going to click on the PDA button and select the file you downloaded to flash and find the file you downloaded and select it. Then just press start, it will seem like its frozen towards the end of flashing, but its not DO NOT unplug your phone unless you want a pretty paperweight. That should be all you have to do. ALSO there won't be a comport number on your phones screen, only on the Odin screen, and like I said above I am pretty sure that the comport number is always in red but you need to make sure the stock ROM you downloaded to flash in Odin was one of the ones in Droidstyle's guide only.

I know there are a ****load of stickies but they aren't confusing they're there to keep something like this from happening, its generally best to ask questions first if you don't know what you're doing or just read through all of the stickies that pertain to what you're trying to do. When I first was trying to figure out how to unlock and flash for the very first time I read every sticky and post in the development section that had anything to do with my phones specific processes. That's how I learned what to do, even the stuff I didnt need to know at the time I still read just because I might need it one day.

Sent from one of the many Anthropomorphic Personalities on the Disc