[APP][2.2+][ROOT][WiFi] Reaver-GUI for Android

Search This thread

chingoboy

Apr 4, 2016
Look previous posts, for heaven's sake, i posted a link to a patched PIE that will allow reaver commands also. But you then have to have a working monitor mode, probably with external wifi adapter. It's all already written in the thread OP and various posts, so search them

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 con Tapatalk 2
Mmmmmm , how can I have working monitor mode ??
Please help me , thanks for reply

Monitor mode enabled.

Hi!

So I have this Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 here and I tried using "bcmon" at first it didnt work but then it appeared that I was missing busybox. Okay now I can run the monitor mode but whenever I go in to terminal or airdump it stops working. Tried running reaver it asked if I have the correct version of bcmon or my phone is supported? I know this samsung is supported but not sure about the bcmon app itself though. Can someone help me get a normal 100% working one or it is some other issue in my case?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: powerful111

francyesco

Dec 14, 2013
0fb6367be3dd587a7053aabcd502a038.jpg

No source to update, really bad to see these project forgotten....

ruleh

Jan 12, 2015
There is nexmon and they already have an app which enables monitor mode.
https://github.com/seemoo-lab/bcm-public/releases
Though I haven't tested it yet.

Thank you, this project appears to have big potential and it appears to be well documented, maybe better than bcmon.

So, I have cloned the repo, followed at instruction,
corrected the kernel as indicated herehttps://github.com/Dazzozo/huawei-kernel-3.4/pull/3/commits/158c9bf883a203530b2f558be1b3cd168fc3d202,
flashed on the Note 1 N7000...

... and got stuck in bootloader :(

Maybe the kernel provided is not good for me, but definitively in these days I'll try to do something.

Looking at the paper (it's not my profession so I understand little), I wonder if in some way the bigfatwifi project can be integrated in this?

pukar.pokhrel

Jul 10, 2015
I need help

Hey can someone please help me? So reaver only supports devices with position independent executables. Because of that I can't use it. I don't want to install the pie fix zip as it has risk of bricking my phone. So can someone provide me with alternatives to fix this issue!

Jay4ü

May 29, 2016
Lapu Lapu City , Cebu
hey how its again, it doesnt work and it says at monitor mode " could not load library "libpcap.so.1" needed by reaver and not found? how is it??? not working at all!!!

NoxxxoN787

Nov 18, 2016
Im getting an error.

An error has ocurred in sub:
Java.io.filenotfoundexception: /
Warm.sh: open failed: EACESS
(Permission denied)
Continue?

When i hit continue it remains black and nothing happens. Hope u guys can help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    8pxfqkb9.png

Reaver for Android v1.30
    Reaver-WPS GUI for rooted devices with bcm4329/4330 wifi chipset or working external wifi card.
    4t3b7gia.png

INFO:
    Reaver for Android, short RfA, is a simple-to-use Reaver-GUI for Android devices with monitor-mode support.
    It has some very cool features:

• Detects automatically WPS-enabled routers.
    • All Reaver-Settings are accessible from a simple-to-use GUI.
    • Activates and deactivates Monitor-Mode automatically when needed.
    • Provides a simple way to connect when Reaver finds the WPA-Key.
    • External script support

Project status: PRE-FINAL
    What does this mean?
    There are some features which are not implemented yet.
    Developement will continue very soon.​

Installation

1. Download/install bcmon.apk from HERE and RfA.apk from the bottom of this post. RfA may also download bcmon automatically.
    2. Run bcmon, if it crashes try a second time.
    3. If all runs fine, start RfA. If not, your device may be not bcmon compatible. Please see second post.
    4. After selecting an WPS-enabled router, click on "Test Monitor-Mode".
    5. Now you can use RfA:), don't uninstall bcmon.
    Steps 1 - 4 are only for the installation, they don't have to be repeated once done.

FAQ:

What is this awesome app actually usefull for?
    Well, RfA is able to unveil the actual WPA(2)-Key of many routers within 2 - 10 hours.

WHAT?! I though WPA(2) is safe?
    It used to be, but then many router models got WiFi Protected Setup, short WPS, implemeted, which is pretty vulnerable. (Details)
    Basically it's a Brute-Force attack with Reaver against a 8 digit pin with 10^4 + 10^3 possibilities.

What is Reaver?
    Reaver-WPS is a pentesting tool developed by Tactical Network Solutions.
    It attacks WPS-enabled routers and after the WPS-Pin is cracked, it retrieves the actual WPA-key.
    Reaver provides only a terminal interface, which is ok for notebooks etc., however it's a pain on Android devices.
    Because of this I developed RfA.

Doesn't Reaver requires monitor-mode and so can't work on Android?
    Yes, Reaver needs monitor-mode, but thanks to bcmon (or external wifi cards) some Android devices are now monitor-mode capable.​

bcmon compatibility
    Developed and tested on: Nexus 7 2012 (Stock 4.3)
    RfA *should* work on all devices with bcmon support (Broadcom bcm4329/bcm4330 chipsets)
    Simply try by installing bcmon. Don't worry, if something goes wrong a simple reboot should fix everything.
    For external wifi cards please see second post.

Tested & works on:
    Nexus 7 2012 (Stock 4.3, Cyanogen 9)
    Huawei Honour (Cyanogen Mod based ROM)

bcmon does NOT work on:
    Samsung Galaxy S3/4/5
    HTC One
    LG G2
    Nexus 4/5
    Nexus 7 (2013)

Credits & used tools:

Monitor-Mode over bcmon.apk:
    Omri Ildis, Ruby Feinstein & Yuval Ofir
    See: bcmon.blogspot.com

Reaver-WPS:
    Tactical Network Solutions
    See: code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/

Disclaimer

Attention: Hacking of networks is illegal without having the permission of the owner! The developer is not responsible for any damage etc. this app could cause.
    This software is only intended to show a big security hole, not to be able to surf in the neighbours Wifi;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Reaver-GUI for Android, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    SOEDI, bcmon team & Tactical Network Solutions

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.30
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-01
    Beta Release Date: 2013-11-04

Created 2013-09-24
    Last Updated 2014-09-27
    Second Post

• If anyone has working Andorid drivers for external Wifi cards, please let me know,
    • If the layout looks strange on your phone, please send me a screenshot, so I can fix it
      I have only a tablet and HD phone (emulator works to slow), so can't test the layout properly.

Usage of custom-scripts

To make RfA less dependent from bcmon, which seems to be dicontinued, I introduced custom monitor-mode-activation scripts.

Please note that those scripts only have sense for you, if you are already able to use monitor-mode on your device. Ether via special firmware for the internel wifi card or a kernel, which properly supports external wifi cards. Those scripts serve only as a "connector" between your wifi interface and RfA.
    In order to enable this function you need to open RfA settings, tap on "Monitor-Mode settings" and disable the "Use bcmon" checkbox.

There are 3 different scripts you can specify:

Activation script
    This script will be executed in it's own directory.
    It should enable monitor-mode and exit.
    Example:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    svc wifi disable
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/libs
    LD_PRELOAD=/data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/libs/libfake_driver.so sh
    cd /data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/tools
    ./enable_bcmon
    echo "rfasuccess"
    exit

Warm-up script
    RfA will read in this script as textfile and execute the commands internally. This is needed to execute reaver in the same terminal session as the script.
    It should do all prepartions before Reaver is started. At least it has to cd into the directory where the reaver binary is.
    Example:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/libs
    LD_PRELOAD=/data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/libs/libfake_driver.so sh
    cd /data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/tools

Stop script
    This script will be executed in it's own directory.
    It should disable monitor-mode and exit.
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    svc wifi enable
    echo "rfasuccess"

Additional Information
    • You have also to specify your wifi-interface.
    • The given examples are those scripts, which RfA uses by default when you enable the "Use bcmon" checkbox.
    • The activation and stop script have to echo "rfasuccess" in order to tell RfA that they were executed properly. With this method you can also implement a sort of error-checking, by returning "rfasuccess" only when everything went fine.
    New Version

Hey folks,

finally, I found some time and implemented script support.
    This makes RfA ready for bcmon independent usage. Now, if you have a working external wifi card and the right kernel, you will be able to write a short shell-script (details later) and RfA will be able to use it.

Also, this will make RfA compatible with @n01ce PwnAir, at least after the script for it is ready ;)

Regards,
    SOEDI

P.S: Release will be in the next few days.
    @ruleh: it’s amazing how you stay calm and keep on answering even the most stupid questions!

In the meantime I integrated the PixieDust attack. I had to rewrite some parts of RfA, pixiewps and reaver itself, but it looks pretty promising now. It was not easy to get the stuff compiled, so keep that in mind when you meet a "Segmentation fault" sometimes ;)
    Details (and release) will follow later...

RfA 1.40 is coming soon, yeah :D
    Theorically, all that needs is to crosscompile mdk3 (or bully, or a kernel module which supports monitor mode, or another program you want) for ARM architecture, and eventually doing some tweakings.

In the reality, considering no one did other wifi tools for android, apart the old Reaver (excluding apps in google play mostly to find default passwords according to bssid and router model), I believe it's much difficult than thought.

Let's remember also the aim of bcmon, reaver-wps and RfA is to return tools to use with internal wifi.
    I believe (but still to try), that if you use Linux Deploy to install Kali, a powered microusb-OTG and an external wifi dongle, you are able to run all of wifi-sec tools you want from your device.

Just a personal consideration: I'm against the use of mdk3, because the "art" of reaver/bully is to find the correct settings not to trigger the WPS lockdown. I have tested on my TNCAP router and, according also to what I have read, unless you put up a series of wireless tools to intercept packets and monitor your router (wireshark, kismet, etc), you won't realize there is a WPS bruteforce attack in course.
    But start flooding periodically the AP with mdk3, freezing and resetting it in cycle, and I'll be the first to suspect an attack, intercept your packets and knock at your door with a handgun ;)

P.S. being in topic, there are some reports of TNCAP routers being able to reboot with permanent lock WPS already on, after some floods with mdk3.

Here's an android + bcmon compatible mdk3 binary + source. Tested and works on N7 2012 4.3, but some attack may not work (as fast) as they should.

copy the mdk3 binary inside the zip to data/data/com.bcmon.bcmon/files/tools and don't forget to set the right permissions.

Best Regards
    SOEDI