[Q] Nexus 7 SIM Unlock

Search This thread

chepe263

Nov 8, 2012
Osaka
I would like to buy a nexus 7 tablet with cellular data. I saw on google play device page there is a version for AT&T. I live in a different country. Device from at&t is compatible with my country network. I bought a Motorola Atrix 4G throught amazon.

If i buy from Google Play would the device be network locked to at&t? Should i buy from other place?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
It is not a version specifically for AT&T. It is an unlocked GSM device. You can use it as long as you have a data plan for tablets or something similar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: Asus_USA

Mach3.2

May 1, 2012
Singapore
It's not sim locked, it just comes with a AT&T sim card, same goes to the T-Mobile version.

Beamed from my Maguro.

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
It's not sim locked, it just comes with a AT&T sim card, same goes to the T-Mobile version.

Beamed from my Maguro.

I can confirm this (least with a Nexus 4). The only difference between for example a Nexus 4 purchased from google directly and from T-Mobile is the higher price + Sim card, otherwise you can just pop in a new GSM sim card and it'll work. The same should be true of the Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 with 3G capabilities. (Google as I recall won't deal with carriers that wish to sim-lock their devices).

andreavda

Nov 15, 2013
so basically there is no such thing as a locked nexus 7 2 gen + 4g (2013) ?
I'm looking for a nexus 7 2 gen 32gb + 4g and the seller stated that it's locked on t-mobile

Reactions: Captain Sweatpants

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
I'm looking for a nexus 7 2 gen 32gb + 4g and the seller stated that it's locked on t-mobile

I'm not sure about the nexus 7 but Google will allow simlocks what they will not allow carriers to do is lock the bootloader. The nexus range are first and foremost a developer range simlocks don't interfere with that but locked bootloader do.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Wildcat445

Jul 19, 2010
I don't want to start a new thread for an old topic, so I'm recycling this one with the same basic question.

I have a chance to get a Nexus 7 2013 with LTE, but the seller claims that it is "locked to T-Mobile" and comes packaged with a T-Mo SIM.

I never thought these Nexus 7s were locked to any carrier. Has anyone here confirmed that these will work on other carriers, before I take the leap?

eexdeeaay

Jan 5, 2012
Have a Nexus 7 2nd gen, won't work with T-Mobile

I bought a used 2nd gen Nexus 7 which was sold as being unlocked, but it wouldn't sign in to T-Mobile's network. Their tech called support at ASUS who replied that the Nexus 7 can be locked by a particular carrier when it joins their network.

I did two full factory resets to no avail. My SIM works in my Chromebook but not in my tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is not a version specifically for AT&T. It is an unlocked GSM device. You can use it as long as you have a data plan for tablets or something similar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium