KitKat the EASY Way!!!!
This WILL erase everything on your phone and put it back to FACTORY STATE, so be sure you’ve backed up!
Or, go back to 4.2.2 JellyBean
If you are going to return your phone back to warranty, I would suggest this method in this thread as it does a COMPLETE wipe of your device and puts it back to 'Factory'. It removes Root Flags so it does not show having been rooted, and removes ALL data.
Disclaimer: This is not MY method, but a method I used. The information and files have been figured out over time by many individuals and it's been combined in this thread.
This thread is to help Noobs AND Veterans to flash their ATT D800 LG G2 to KitKat. This will be very spelled out, and I’ve even included a video (see below), so NO Mistakes. Yes, that means you!
PLEASE refer to the Video Below before asking questions, as too many questions get a little overwhelming.
Warning! Please Read!
Ok, first thing you need to do is download the version you want. I’ve got KitKat 4.4.2 version D80020c, and I’ve got JellyBean 4.2.2 version D80010o. These are VERY LARGE files, so be patient, although I am able to get as much as 6MB/s download speeds from this server.
Download Installer - KitKat 4.4.2 D80020c
- This Flashes Stock KitKat, WITHOUT Root, and WITHOUT Recovery. - Use TowelRoot
to get Root and Custom Recovery. - Single File LARGE archive. KK MIRROR DOWNLOAD
D80020c Split Archive Download
- This is the same archive as above, but split into smaller pieces for easy download.
Download Installer - JellyBean 4.2.2 D80010o
- Single File LARGE archive. JB MIRROR DOWNLOAD
D80010o Split Archive Download
- This is the same archive as above, but split into smaller pieces for easy download..
Download Installer - JellyBean 4.2.2 D80010d
- This is for those who want to install Custom Recovery and not update to KK... - Single File LARGE archive.
Now, for the fun stuff (You may want to print this out for reference and check them off as you go)
1. Be sure your phone is currently running a Compatible based ROM. If not, please flash a Custom Compatible Based ROM onto your phone. (ie: If you have a D800, be sure you have a D800 ROM on it. If you have a D802, be sure you have a D802 based ROM on it.)
2. Be sure you have turned on USB Debugging before starting.
Step #1: Program Installation:
1. Save the installer to your desktop
2. Run the Installer by double clicking
3. Wait a while for everything to extract (It might look like nothing is happening. This can take a few minutes, be patient, it’s HUGE)
4. (On Win7 or Win8, Accept User Account Control)
5. Accept my License
6. Don't Change Anything and click ‘Install’
7. Wait some more… and more… Large files are extracting…
8. When it pops up, click ‘Next’ to install the LG drivers. Even if you’ve already installed them, install again! This is to verify you’ve got the right ones installed.
9. Click ‘OK’ to finish the Driver install
10. Click ‘Next to install the LG Flash Tool
11. Don't Change Anything and click ‘Install’
12. Uncheck ‘Run LGFlashTool 220.127.116.113 and click ‘Finish’ (If you forget to uncheck this, just close the program when it opens)
13. Click ‘Next’ to start the LGFlashTool Patch. (This makes it so you don’t need to change the date back on your PC)
14. Click ‘Next’ again
15. Click the bullet to ‘Agree to my License’ and then click ‘Next’
16. Don't Change Anything and click ‘Next’
17. Click ‘Start’
18. Click ‘Next’
19. Click ‘Exit’ to finish Patch Installer
20. Congratulations, Program Installations are all DONE!
Step #2: Place Phone into Download Mode:
1. With phone NOT plugged into a USB Cable, Hold the Power button to turn off phone
2. Plug your USB cable into your computer
3. Hold the Volume UP Button on your Phone
4. While Still Holding the Volume UP button, plug in the USB cable to your Phone
5. Continue to hold the Volume UP button until your phone enters Download Mode
6. If this does not work, pull the USB cable and start from #1 of this section
Step #3: Change Com Port to 41
1. With your phone STILL in Download Mode and STILL Plugged into Computer
2. Go into Device Manager
---a. Press and hold your Windows Key (Between CTRL and ALT)
---b. Tap the ‘Pause/Break’ Key (Usually Top Right of Keyboard, might be different on yours)
---c. Click on ‘Device Manager’
3. In the Device List, scroll down to ‘Ports (COM & LPT) and double click to expand
4. Find the ‘LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM4)’ (Your COM Port Number might be different, that’s OK)
5. Double click to open the port
6. On the Tabs at the top of that screen, click on ‘Port Settings’
7. Click on ‘Advanced…’
8. Click on the Com Port number to drop down the list
9. Scroll down to ‘COM41’ and select it
10. Click ‘OK’ Button to save that
11. Click ‘OK’ Button to close the Com Port Properties
12. Close the Device Manager
13. Close the System Window
14. Go back to the Desktop
15. That’s it, You’ve Changed the Com Port to 41
Step #4: Run LGFlashTool:
1. Double Click the ‘LGFlashTool’ icon on the Desktop (Win7 or Win8 accept ‘User Account Control’)
2. In the ‘Model Config’ window, check the box ‘Select Manual Mode’
3. Next to the DLL space, click the Three Dots ‘…’
4. Select the DLL file named ‘LGD800_.....v160.dll’
---a. For 4.4.2 KitKat, select ‘LGD800_20130811_LGFLASHv160.dll’
---b. For 4.2.2 JellyBean, select ‘LGD800_20130904_LGFLASHv160.dll’
5. Click the ‘Open’ Button
6. Next to the S/W space, click the ‘Remove ALL’ Button
7. Next to the S/W space, click the ‘Add’ Button
8. Select the tot file for the version you are flashing
---a. For 4.4.2 KitKat, select ‘LGD800AT-01-V20c-310-410-FEB-02-2014+0.tot’
---b. For 4.2.2 JellyBean, select ‘LGD800AT-01-V10o-310-410-OCT-19-2013+0.tot’
9. Click the ‘Open’ Button
10. Click ‘OK’ Button to save choices
11. In the LG FlashTool program, click the ‘Yellow Arrow’ pointing to the Right.
12. Wait for the program to verify your DLL and TOT selections (This takes a while)
13. If successful, you will see ‘READY!!’ on ‘Port 1 (COM41)’
14. If you DON’T see ‘READY!!’, you may need to start over
15. If you see ‘READY!!’ unplug your phone from the USB cable and Plug it right back in. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS ON YOUR PHONE. It should STILL be in Download Mode.
16. The LG FlashTool progam will now start flashing your phone!!
17. At around 80%, the program will restart your phone.
18. It takes a while for the phone to restart, but it will boot to Android. Wait for the flash program to finish and it will turn your phone back OFF. And give you a ‘SUCCESS”
19. Close FlashTool
IF for some reason, the LG FlashTool does not finish 100%, and you get a ‘Fail’, as long as your phone has now rebooted into Android, you don’t need to worry about this. Just close the program, and enjoy your Freshly Restored LG G2!
[B][COLOR="Red"]For anyone having issue with the device check not passing due to mismatched device (caused by flashing a Custom ROM with Different device model ID to your D800: ie, D801 to a D800 or vice versa.), try using the attached dll file instead of the device specific one. It has been reported to work for many...
You will need to extract the zip file to get the dll
Awesome, easy to follow guide! I have the same question as Mahmoud Jamal:
As far as trying to update my LG G2 D800 to Lollipop. Would I follow the same steps and just replace/insert the Lollipop file where the KitKat file is listed on your steps, or is there more to it? Or is there an easier way without doing all this, like AutoRec or some other way that I can do from the device with just a few taps...?
---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------
Originally Posted by lastwarning91
thanks for the reply i successfuly update my phone to KK now i want to update to LP i find the rom but problem is that i cant find any working link for AutoRec Kitkat so i can install custom recovery i tried it to install by all other methods but when i try to boot in recovery it says error boot verify then i have to press power button for 3 seconds to boot into rom any idea what should i do? or else can u provide me AutoRec kk d802 or i have to again revert back to JB to install cTWRP which will be a headache due to heavy files about 1+ gb
Did you find a way to do this? I'm trying to update from stock KK to LP as well on my D800, but I'm new to all this and already bricked my phone twice trying...