MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Froyo for AT&T/Rogers (build EPE54B)

6th June 2010, 02:04 PM   |  #321  
Flag Jefferson City, MO
Thanks Meter: 59

192 posts
More
Well I made the hop almost immediately and haven't had any negative impacts.

I recently swapped to the following Froyo ROM:
[ROM] RoDrIgUeZsTyLe @ FroYo MCR R16 MOD 1.113Ghz OC/UV/XTRA/BTN/AUDIO/RAM/NEO KERNEL

Works great, even a slightly beneficial speed bump to 1.113ghz.
7th June 2010, 03:01 AM   |  #322  
Thanks Meter: 13

166 posts
More
Still waiting patiently unlike most it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter

you want to sell the device because you didnt get an update 2 weeks earlier than you're supposed to? i would just sell it now then. seriously the update will be out before you know it, and years from now you will look back and think how silly you were. "man was i THAT upset over some software something or other?"

Well I'm looking in my drawer of old phones (6 of them) and smart phones (4 of them) so since on average I'm buying a phone every year I doubt I'll feel bad. But since Google is very vague on a release info then why did they release Froyo "accidentally" to the public? No offense to your idea but not really sure it was 2 weeks early. Seems every site from Gizmodo to Engadget and Blogger on Youtube has a Froyo on their N1, with no issues being cited. So again I'm annoyed on the delay with no information. So sorry but Apple never did that.

Quote:

anyway i rooted over the weekend finally and tried cyanogen, then tried froyo. then back to cyanogen, pimped it out and it rocks. but now i loaded back up to froyo and finally enjoying it and testing it.

So your calling me out for being patient yet you already rooted and updated your device. Glad it's working so again my point is why the delay on the release if issues aren't there. If its a whole "let's see what Apple does" thing then it's lame. Folks buy Nexus phones cause we are techy, so a business power play thing is lame. Other android stuff is covered by the ads from Verizon and Sprint. They will more than make up the Ad fights with Apple going forward. So unless they are releasing Froyo on all devices and not the N1 then stop the delay. Sorry but wikipedia is already posting all the Gingerbread stuff so I would like my frozen treat by now.
7th June 2010, 04:33 AM   |  #323  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,578 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfrm

Well I'm looking in my drawer of old phones (6 of them) and smart phones (4 of them) so since on average I'm buying a phone every year I doubt I'll feel bad. But since Google is very vague on a release info then why did they release Froyo "accidentally" to the public? No offense to your idea but not really sure it was 2 weeks early. Seems every site from Gizmodo to Engadget and Blogger on Youtube has a Froyo on their N1, with no issues being cited. So again I'm annoyed on the delay with no information. So sorry but Apple never did that.

So your calling me out for being patient yet you already rooted and updated your device. Glad it's working so again my point is why the delay on the release if issues aren't there. If its a whole "let's see what Apple does" thing then it's lame. Folks buy Nexus phones cause we are techy, so a business power play thing is lame. Other android stuff is covered by the ads from Verizon and Sprint. They will more than make up the Ad fights with Apple going forward. So unless they are releasing Froyo on all devices and not the N1 then stop the delay. Sorry but wikipedia is already posting all the Gingerbread stuff so I would like my frozen treat by now.

i used my phone stock for 3 months before i finally decided to root about 5 days ago. so yeah, i was pretty patient. i didnt root to get froyo, i rooted to get cyanogen 5.0.7, which was totally worth it.
24th June 2010, 02:53 AM   |  #324  
Flag Flower Mound, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
More
Question thoughts
Anyone seen any movement on this front? Since everyone originally thought this was weeks away at the end of May and we are now at the end of june...
24th June 2010, 01:14 PM   |  #325  
Flag Poznań

41 posts
More
Since the OTA is being pushed to nexus one... I have a question:

Did anyone using AT&T nexus got the OTA?

thanks!
24th June 2010, 01:54 PM   |  #326  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
There has not been an EPE54B update issued yet that anyone knows about.
24th June 2010, 02:11 PM   |  #327  
Flag Toronto

65 posts
More
Judging from the way we were excluded from the initial release in May, I have a feeling we will be the last group (AT&T build EPE54B) to see the OTA.
Last edited by akey; 24th June 2010 at 02:22 PM.
24th June 2010, 02:30 PM   |  #328  
Thanks Meter: 1

196 posts
Whatever happened to that Booker-T hack where you can root without unlocking the bootloader. If that surfaces, we can spring forward to rooting and getting Froyo'd!

I find it strange that Google is outright ignoring us, EPE54B folks. There must be some reason - poor sales numbers or something but for the same hardware, they have no reason to boot us out of the press releases or other builds from Google.
24th June 2010, 03:39 PM   |  #329  
Flag Poznań

41 posts
More
is there any confirmed HARDWARE difference between T-M and AT&T build?

I'm from Poland and it really makes no difference for me which build I would use (Polish 3g freq is supported by both). When buying N1 I've just made a random choice.. if there is no HW differences it would be possible to change software built?

can someone please clarify this for me? thanks!
26th June 2010, 09:43 PM   |  #330  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 42

526 posts
More
guys! why don't you try to root your EPE54B without unlocking the bootloader
i have been trying on mine but adb won't see my devices in recovery so i am pretty much stuck on step 4 or so...

can you guys give it a try if you want froyo so badly...

in that way, you keep your warranty while you gain root access to flash to any ROM of your choice.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710842
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710351

hope we EPE54B user can achieve root without unlocking the bootloader as well!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread