help with orange uk rooting

Search This thread

danny26

Apr 21, 2008
Evening one and all...
Am looking for some help with rooting my Orange UK HTC desire. Have tried many times to root the device but as the radio keeps gettin upgraded I keep gettin the network locked message once rebooted.
Can.someone please give me detailed instructions on how to root the device without upgrading the radio as I really don't have a clue. Have managed each time to downgrade the radio and flash back to generic rom, am however wanting to root the device.

Many thanks for any advice you can give me.
Danny ;-)

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Evening one and all...
Am looking for some help with rooting my Orange UK HTC desire. Have tried many times to root the device but as the radio keeps gettin upgraded I keep gettin the network locked message once rebooted.
Can.someone please give me detailed instructions on how to root the device without upgrading the radio as I really don't have a clue. Have managed each time to downgrade the radio and flash back to generic rom, am however wanting to root the device.

Many thanks for any advice you can give me.
Danny ;-)

are you trying to root or unlock your fone? :confused: even if you root and debrand your desire it will still be simlocked to orange :rolleyes:

danny26

Apr 21, 2008
Just want to root it mate. Not interested in unlocking as I am on Orange and not planning to change.
Cheers mate

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
You'll need to use a goldcard root an orange branded desire, without it, the flash will fail.

He must already have a goldcard if you look as he says he has already downgraded to a generic rom :rolleyes:
please give me detailed instructions on how to root the device without upgrading the radio as I really don't have a clue. Have managed each time to downgrade the radio and flash back to generic rom, am however wanting to root the device