Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

*Root the Slide & Other HTC Devices*6/15/2010* How-To Updated 8/14/2010

OP eugene373

27th June 2010, 05:36 AM   |  #751  
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 129

989 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchmin

I've tried every method on here except buying a 16GB SD card...so far no luck. I hope another method comes along

Just keep trying and you will get it. you tried the new loop correct with a battery pull? I had been working on mine since it came out on the 15th.
27th June 2010, 05:49 AM   |  #752  
Oakland
Thanks Meter: 13

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadrider123

Just keep trying and you will get it. you tried the new loop correct with a battery pull? I had been working on mine since it came out on the 15th.

Ya. Tried that. 5 different SD cards, two laptops, reinstalled drivers on both, nada. With the new loop, I do see offline mode longer it seems but not by much

edit: spellllin HUR HUR
Last edited by Henchmin; 27th June 2010 at 06:07 AM.
27th June 2010, 05:53 AM   |  #753  
Thanks Meter: 11

177 posts
More
Thankyou everyone. I just got my Slide tonight and couldnt wait to get it rooted.
27th June 2010, 06:22 AM   |  #754  
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 129

989 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchmin

Ya. Tried that. 5 different SD cards, two laptops, reinstalled drivers on both, nada. With the new loop, I do see offline mode longer it seems but not by much

edit: spellllin HUR HUR

I have been there... is you phone set up for usb debbuging? Oh and my connection type was set on charging only not sync nor disk drive
27th June 2010, 06:35 AM   |  #755  
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
More
completed all the steps listed and i was able to install the superuser.apk but when i adb shell in the cmd prompt i get the $ and type SU but it keeps saying permission denied and there isnt a notification on my phone to accept su request or anything... im stuck here please help!
27th June 2010, 06:58 AM   |  #756  
Flag PORTLAND
Thanks Meter: 12

40 posts
More
the only problem im having is the timing of the command and hitting "apply sdcard: update.zip"

when i enter that in, all i get is the bar for 1 or 2 seconds then

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

im able to get offline/recovery about 50% of the time but after that i hit the verification wall

Edit: the power of this forum is amazing!!!!!! just got root it was all in the timing
Last edited by NTree45; 27th June 2010 at 07:22 AM.
27th June 2010, 08:12 AM   |  #757  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 14

156 posts
More
wat did u do? still cant get mine to pass the verification ****. Tried immediately, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, green bar moving, after selecting update.zip. NOttin worked. Sigh i freaking give up hope.
27th June 2010, 09:18 AM   |  #758  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I got it to work
I used the link for the slide in addition to what this guy said. You have to pop out the sd card as soon as you hit down to go into boot. Then when you run the loop file hit control C once it find your device after that its a piece of cake.
27th June 2010, 09:21 AM   |  #759  
Thanks Meter: 11

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-phresh

completed all the steps listed and i was able to install the superuser.apk but when i adb shell in the cmd prompt i get the $ and type SU but it keeps saying permission denied and there isnt a notification on my phone to accept su request or anything... im stuck here please help!

Did you make sure you mounted the system when you got into ClockWork? I missed that step too.
27th June 2010, 09:47 AM   |  #760  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

437 posts
More
I think o rooted but o can't use root settings on estrong file or titanium back up..said I have no permissions and I need to have root on Rom or bb ..it does say cid 0 and # for Su check...what am I doing wrong..I can't install root app from marketplave

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread