Viper DDC Troubleshooting & Profile Setup Help

2,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By jmxc23, Senior Member on 10th May 2014, 11:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2015, 07:18 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Any profiles for Sennheiser M2 IEG (momentum in ear)?

9th February 2015, 08:34 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee

Any profiles for Sennheiser M2 IEG (momentum in ear)?

There aren't any headphone specific profiles out there. There profiles specific to the music you're listening to which are then altered to accommodate to your headphones, sound mods(if any),music player and your hearing.
9th February 2015, 08:44 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmxc23

There aren't any headphone specific profiles out there. There profiles specific to the music you're listening to which are then altered to accommodate to your headphones, sound mods(if any),music player and your hearing.

Huh? Why is there then a huge list of headphones in v4a? under the DDC selection.
9th February 2015, 08:50 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee

Huh? Why is there then a huge list of headphones in v4a? under the DDC selection.

DDC is meant to give those listed headphones a neutral/flat sound akin to Studio Monitor headphones and expensive Reference Grade headphones. If you already like the sound signature of the listed headphones then DDC will alter it for better or worse. I also understand that not everyone likes the analytical sound that Studio and Reference Grade headphones bring so I usually don't recommend using DDC. Lastly the op gives a description of what is DDC and its intended use.
7th March 2015, 09:11 PM |#55  
Flag Burdwan
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Any profiles for Bose IE2
8th March 2015, 12:37 AM |#56  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirantantab

Any profiles for Bose IE2

I HELP people create profiles not provide people with one. To create the right profile for your current setup you have to know the following:

1. How the headphones sound without any sound mods:
This is extremely important to know this since every pair of headphones/earphones have a sound signature. You must know the headphones strengths and weaknesses when paired with songs you normally listen to.

2. Your Musical Preference:
The music you're listening to can highlight some aspects of your headphones and expose flaws in its sound. You can't enjoy Mozart with a pair of Beats By Dre headphones nor can you fully enjoy Skrillex with a pair of reference grade headphones.
10th April 2016, 05:02 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi every body does anybody have a profile that sounds good with sennheiser cx 3.00 in ear earphones?
16th April 2016, 05:38 PM |#58  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 10

More
can someone help me? did viper 2.4 remove custom ddc profiles? i have tried adding a .vdc file(dunu dn1000) into storage/viper4android/ddc but it does not appear in the list, not after a reboot either. i did some digging and found viperddc.db in data/data and i assume this is where all the profiles are stored. how can i add the information from the vdc to the db?
9th August 2016, 03:24 AM |#59  
I was hoping someone could help me create a profile for my HS-330 earbuds. I'm trying to figure out ViPER Toolbox, but I feel like it would be easier to learn another language...
I've looked online and came up with the following frequency curves for the earbuds.

23rd November 2016, 11:07 AM |#60  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Hi op,

Any love for ATH-WS99BT SOLID BASS Bluetooth wireless headphones? I downloaded ViPer Toolbox but have no idea where to start.. can't find instructions anywhere? Can you help me out please

I pulled this from internet,
8-26000 hertz, with an impedance of 37 ohms.
great bass, not so great on the mid's and high's
I personally fell that they don't sound very good without viper4android, however, with viper4android, they are by far the best sounding headphones I have ever used! I actually think these headphones were designed in mind to be used with Viper4Android, they seem to lack any sound enhancement software, it's as if they purposely lack any sound enhancement at all by default. I say that because I compared them to my previous headphones, the Sony MDR-10RBT, these are rated slightly higher in the mids and the highs but now that I have compared the two, it seems the Sony's have their own sound processing going on that produces a similar effect to ViperClairity and Auditory System Protection...When I enable these arguments on the WS99BT, not only does it closes the gap, I think it out performs the Sony's! At first I was a bit disappointed but after thinking about it more, this is i think would be ideal, you wouldn't't want sound enhancement coming from both headphones and viper, it's like working with two equalizers, am I wrong?

Does this give you enough info to work with.?

The other negative was, without viper, the sound-stage is quiet small, sound can be a bit harsh... but with differential and the other enhancements from viper I mentioned above, wow! It's then you can tell that the right hardware is certainly in place here with these headphones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
v4a ddc, viper4android profile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)