Froyo Released for Nexus One!! Desire Next?

Search This thread

wickedpenguin

Apr 5, 2010
Auckland
www.RhysParker.com
As per Engadgets Website - Nexus one users have recieved an over the air Froyo Update.

Android 2.2 Froyo FRF85 now available for any Nexus One build? (update)
By Ross Miller posted Jun 28th 2010 at 9:51PM
We've been receiving numerous tips over the last hour that Nexus One owners on AT&T bands are receiving an over-the-air update for Android 2.2 FRF85, otherwise known as the "bulletproofed" Froyo build. No confirmation at this point, and since you're asking, no word yet either on an update for the larger T-Mobile N1 install base (though we've had at least one report of a user on FRF50 getting the OTA today). We've pinged Google for answers, will let ya know what we hear.

Update: Thanks to a few readers, we've now got a direct link from Google's servers to update from EPE54B to FRF85.

Update 2: Tipster Christian R has sent us a picture of his T-Mobile-banded Nexus One with FRF85, apparently updated from Android 2.1 build ERE27. Has the T-Mobile rollout begun? Not for us, at least.

Update 3: And now we've got a direct link to download a FRF85 build that'll supposedly work for any Android build. We can safely say that it worked for us on a T-Mobile device with 2.1 / ERE27. Download from Google here, and if you need direction on how to do the update yourself, take a cue from our commenters. [Thanks, MRCUR and afinite]

lennshow66

Apr 19, 2010
Dont think it will come next for the desire because HTC have to put their sense stuff in, but its a step in the right direction i suppose :)

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
hopefully they will go EVO4 first before desire as there are plenty of things to fix on the evo compared to the desire. the 2.2 roms are still damn good but lack sense ui

jmonfu

Jun 6, 2009
Brussels
Would there still be the need to Root and Flash the device once FroYo is released officially by HTC on the desire?

veryjiggy

Apr 26, 2010
hopefully they will go EVO4 first before desire as there are plenty of things to fix on the evo compared to the desire. the 2.2 roms are still damn good but lack sense ui

I really don't get the deal with Sense UI. What does it add really? Scrollable widgets? Puts the ringer off when you turn it upside down? Helicopter view?
Hardly use any of these features anyhow. Sorry if i am missing a big feature available with sense which stock android doesn't have.

jimlad

Jul 14, 2009
I really don't get the deal with Sense UI. What does it add really? Scrollable widgets? Puts the ringer off when you turn it upside down? Helicopter view?
Hardly use any of these features anyhow. Sorry if i am missing a big feature available with sense which stock android doesn't have.
there's lots of bits and pieces that just make it look nicer, obviously wont make it run better, some might regard it bloatware I quite like it, but i would do without if they gave me an update.

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong

Its more down to 'change' and use to using sense ui for so many years.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester

sence isnt just a homescreen replacement, it replaces many of the defult google apps

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
I reckon they will bring it to the Evo first.

I have a feeling that the Desire and Evo will get an upgrade at about the same time, but if one was going to come first I'd expect it on the Desire as apart from updating Sense for 2.2, there is far less work involved on the Desire due to its similarity to the Nexus.

Regards,

Dave