[ROMS] Links to all CDMA ROMs, STOCK ROMS, RADIOS

Search This thread

djteotancolis

Hello,
I dislike a few aspects of WM6.5. I have an ATT version of the TP2, but have just switched carriers to Verizon due to better coverage in my area. I am using a xv6800, but it's on it's last legs, so I am considering getting a TP2 CDMA version. I presume the phone ships with WM6.5 now, so I am wanting the older WM6.1 ROM. I cant run a cooked ROM due to where I work. Is the link you have posted for the stock verizon ROM for 6.1, or 6.5? Can you provide a WM6.1 Stock Verizon ROM if this is not it?

Many Thanks!

i have updated with the 6.1 for verizon on post no 2 for you....=)

Topone

Sep 8, 2008
Montebelluna
International version of Sprint ROM

Please are all CDMA ROMs available only in WWE or are there any translated also in italian?
Since I don't need CDMA feature, only GSM, on a Sprint TP2 can't really be flashed at all a GSM ROM?

Thank you guys.

Jamio88

Jun 5, 2010
Inside My Mind
Thanks DJ, this post is fantastic.

one quick question though. I have WM6.5 (21889), can I only use the 6.5 Roms, or if I use a Rom for 6.5.x will it just auto update my Rhodium and work? (I don't want to risk turning my phone into a paperweight, I would seriously cry)

Jamio88

Jun 5, 2010
Inside My Mind
Please are all CDMA ROMs available only in WWE or are there any translated also in italian?
Since I don't need CDMA feature, only GSM, on a Sprint TP2 can't really be flashed at all a GSM ROM?

Thank you guys.

To answer your question:

A CDMA phone can ONLY be flashed with a CDMA Rom
A GSM phone can ONLY be flashed with a GSM Rom

If you try to put a CDMA Rom on a GSM phone, It will result in a Brick (rendering the phone useless)

Same thing with a GSM Rom on a CDMA phone, It will also render the phone useless.

Be careful when flashing Roms. While it is an easy and straight forward process, one little mistake and you are dead in the water. When in doubt, it is ALWAYS best to just ask a question, rather then pay for it a few minutes later.

Reactions: anhdalat

doomsday24

Jul 17, 2010
Need help with freezing up in the start menu!!

Does anyone know how I can fix my HTC tp2 from freezing up in the start up menu and can not get back to the home page with out having to take out the battery??

Thanks,

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Great, thanks for the links to the stock roms. I've been looking for these since Friday with no luck, and then find them in two minutes today (guess I just needed a fresh look).
Now, just to confirm (since I haven't done this before and I don't want to brick my phone and have to pay the full price for a new smartphone...) After I install a custom ROM (I've been looking at a few of NRG's that look really nice), if I have a problem with it, or just don't like them for whatever reason, to revert back to the official Verizon rom, I just download the Verizon 6.1 rom, then MR1 and MR2, and install each one in sequence? Is that correct?

Papadopoulos

May 27, 2010
Hi there,

I guess someone is gonna say that Im not in the right place but I don't know where else to ask so...here it goes.

Ive been using a SPB shell for a couple of months so far and I want to get a custom made ROMs like the ones on the first page now. I tried the Android linux beta version but I want something more stable and fully functionnal... I really don't know from where to start with ROMs and I dont want to waste my phone. Is there a step-by-step procedure for beginners somewhere as I can't find it ?!?

Thank you for your support guys,

JL
HTC TP2 rhod400 WM6.1 on Telus network

Jettabug

Jul 24, 2010
Any chance...

... we could get a summary of each ROM under each listing in the original post? It takes a long while to look them all up. Something as simple as Windows version, with or witout TouchFlo, and other hi-lites?

yes_senpai

Jan 2, 2009
I just came from SDX and was a Android developer for the Samsung Moment. I am soon to switch to the Touch Pro 2 and begin working on it and was curious if this list includes Android ROMs or just Windows Mobile? I was in the Thread for Android ROMs and only found a couple of ROMs.

If anyone could redirect me to a list of Android ROMs or just list a few out for me that would be great.

Thanks.

f13d0

Aug 13, 2009
verizon 6.1

can i just flash my phone back to the stock rom of verizon 6.1 on this thread w.o doing anything special? like do i just connect my fone to the computer and run the .exe file?

gjbnh

Mar 15, 2009
I just came from SDX and was a Android developer for the Samsung Moment. I am soon to switch to the Touch Pro 2 and begin working on it and was curious if this list includes Android ROMs or just Windows Mobile? I was in the Thread for Android ROMs and only found a couple of ROMs.

If anyone could redirect me to a list of Android ROMs or just list a few out for me that would be great.

Thanks.

The Android thread is where you want to look for info and insight for that OS on the touch Pro 2. It is very much a work in progress at the moment as they are still having some problems with hardware, and porting the total of the OS to run on our phone. I would not recommend installing one of the roms right now, unless you want to jump into getting them to run in a stable manner. Just my opinion. Perhaps you shuld ask one of the guys who has taken the plunge if it is ready for day to day use. :) I used Android on my Vogue, and it may me a convert. I ended up getting a TP2 because my carrier hadn't started carry them yet. But when his contract is up, I'm going to get me one :)

yes_senpai

Jan 2, 2009
The Android thread is where you want to look for info and insight for that OS on the touch Pro 2. It is very much a work in progress at the moment as they are still having some problems with hardware, and porting the total of the OS to run on our phone. I would not recommend installing one of the roms right now, unless you want to jump into getting them to run in a stable manner. Just my opinion. Perhaps you shuld ask one of the guys who has taken the plunge if it is ready for day to day use. :) I used Android on my Vogue, and it may me a convert. I ended up getting a TP2 because my carrier hadn't started carry them yet. But when his contract is up, I'm going to get me one :)

I am actually looking to fix a few issues. I was wondering where some of the ROMS are (already found a few) so I can get in contact with the devs and see what issues needed to be fixed. Hopefully I can help a little. And the Vogue is a very nice device and I enjoyed developing for it. As for the Samsung Moment...it is a great device and you cant go wrong with it. My main issue with it was the data lock ups. I kid you not...I would lock up within 3 minutes of being on the internet. And unless you get one of the newer Moments...your GPS will suck. As for the 800mhz processor, you cant tell the difference from it and the Hero really. And the screen is a bit small. But overall a good device.

Jan 21, 2009
Connection issue?

Does anyone else have a problem with connection? It keeps telling me I can't connect to the server #777. I called US Cellular, I called HTC, neither know what is causing the problem. Does anyone else know? I think it may be the Sense but don't know for sure! Anyone else?

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
Does anyone else have a problem with connection? It keeps telling me I can't connect to the server #777. I called US Cellular, I called HTC, neither know what is causing the problem. Does anyone else know? I think it may be the Sense but don't know for sure! Anyone else?

You need to be more specific. What rom are you running? I assume that your carrier is USC.

Jan 21, 2009
You need to be more specific. What rom are you running? I assume that your carrier is USC.
It happens on EVERY rom, no matter what I'm running. I am about to try a strictly Titanium to see if maybe it only happens when using sense. I've tried almost all of the roms listed and I get the error message all the time. It is only at random intervals and kills my internet for 15-30 minutes. Yes, USC is my carrier

Last edited:

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
It happens on EVERY rom, no matter what I'm running. I am about to try a strictly Titanium to see if maybe it only happens when using sense. I've tried almost all of the roms listed and I get the error message all the time. It is only at random intervals and kills my internet for 15-30 minutes.

Have you tried the stock rom for your device? It sounds like a data provisioning issue to me. Sense shouldn't affect data at all.

Jan 21, 2009
Have you tried the stock rom for your device? It sounds like a data provisioning issue to me. Sense shouldn't affect data at all.
Yeah, did it on stock rom too. IDK What else it could be. I have seen other people that have the problem but no help from any of the admin on those forums, was hoping I could get help on here. I love the phone but think I may have to buy a new phone in order to get something that will be able to do everything I need it to...

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
Yeah, did it on stock rom too. IDK What else it could be. I have seen other people that have the problem but no help from any of the admin on those forums, was hoping I could get help on here. I love the phone but think I may have to buy a new phone in order to get something that will be able to do everything I need it to...

What did USC tech support do or tell you? If it's doing that on the stock rom, and tech support can't fix it, ask for a replacement device.

Top Liked Posts