Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[26.07.2010] Turbo3D v3.0 *FINAL* (also available from Marketplace)

Tip us?

mykhailo.saienko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question SDKs or any examples to run with Chainfire's drivers

Hi Guys,

does anyone of you develop OpenGL ES applications for HD2? I just cannot get them to run with Chainfire's drivers. I've tried linking my demo app to QualComm's libraries (libEGL.lib/libGLESv2.lib) as well as Imaginative's - with no success, eglInitialise still fails.

If you can help me with that, I owe you a beer!

Thanks!
Mykhalio

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? - OP
Thanks Meter 49,402

DONATE TO ME
Well, I am working on a new version that should solve a few issues and bugs, and I hope will fix the issue. Running into a bit of snag though, so I might not be able to release fully what I want. I'll have more details later.

I will however need links to apps that don't run, so I can personally test them.

mykhailo.saienko, try private messaging me the links to those PowerVR demos, and the compiled (if possible with source) versions of what you built yourself.

I am assuming here the PowerVR demos DO run if you are using the standard HD2 drivers

Also let me know which ROM + version you are running.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
LG G Pad 8.3, G Watch, G3
Moto E
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005, G900F
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7*2, N10, N7-2013, N7-2013-3G, N5

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

cporeaux
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for this release, good job !

Aliq87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how do i delete this off of my phone? i installed both cabs and my phones home screen is not working and is moving incredibly slow.

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 13,686

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliq87 View Post
how do i delete this off of my phone? i installed both cabs and my phones home screen is not working and is moving incredibly slow.
Well what phone did you install it on?

What happens when you try to uninstall it?

Mark.

Chainfire
Old
(Last edited by Chainfire; 21st July 2010 at 02:37 AM.)
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? - OP
Thanks Meter 49,402

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb New 2.60 BETA version - call for testers !

Update 21.07.10: Updated to version 2.60. Restart your testing! See post #3 for a changelog. A collection of test apps is now also linked from post #1.

! THIS IS A BETA VERSION, AND WILL HAVE ISSUES. DO NOT USE THIS VERSION IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING !

! For this beta version, please do not redistribute or cook !

! Do NOT try this version on a ROM that has an older version of the driver cooked in !

----------------------

What, why, how ?!
The driver didn't work well on some Snapdragon devices (the LG Expo, for example), and on some ROMs also didn't work very well, according to some. There were also a few other minor bugs fixed.

Some of the causes of the problems would require me to create a seperate patch for all those different instances (for example for the LG Expo). Obviously I want to have only a single patch that works on all devices! This BETA version is an attempt to make that a reality.

It works on the programs, games, and devices I have tested it on so far, namely OGLCubes, Electopia, GLBenchmark, Manila/TF3D/Sense(/whatever), on a stock (NLD) HD2.

Who
This BETA is meant for people who know what they are doing, and use a few GL apps/games. Also specifically for LG Expo, TG-01 and S200/F1 users, and those who have problems with the older version on non-stock ROMs.

What to test
- First of all, test if all your apps and games still work. If an app/game does not start at all anymore, go into CF3DConf and set the application's driver to "Original". That should let it start again. If not, let me know.

- See if you notice any performance improvements (or the opposite) on your GL apps/games.

Note
- This is an intermediate version. If this works properly, there will be a "final". For those who are not happy "playing" with their devices, wait for that "final" (which will probably be called 3.0).

- Be aware that your device may not boot if you install this patch. Be warned! If this is the case, please do let me know

- This is the very first release of this BETA and nobody has tested it but me, so there's a fair chance it will be updated in a few days after the first massive problems are reported

Instructions
- Manually uninstall all previous versions of the patch
- Install the beta version INSTALL ON DEVICE, NOT ON STORAGE CARD !!
- Reboot the device
- Report what I stated above and any information/test-reports you think may be useful !

Download
v2.50: 1474
Attached Files
File Type: cab Chainfire-Turbo3D-2.60-BETA.cab - [Click for QR Code] (395.7 KB, 747 views)
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
LG G Pad 8.3, G Watch, G3
Moto E
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005, G900F
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7*2, N10, N7-2013, N7-2013-3G, N5

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.

woodhole
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just installed New 2.50 BETA version on LG IQ/Expo... so far no problems at all.
Even the camera works without locking up. I'll Keep testing and let you know.

As always... great job, thank you

maan1976
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Question Does this work on the CDMA Rhodium TP2 ?

Does this work on the CDMA Rhodium TP2 ?

Sylux
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Well my question is which one do i uninstall. cause when i installed it, it was a two part patch and i want to know if i uninstall both or keep one of the two?
t-mobile htc hd2 stock gotten on 4/22/10, updated to 2.13 from t-mobile.
running on http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2545418&dateline=1274  5851831.8.5 upgraded to v2 and it gets better and better

woodhole
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm running SPB shell and already noticed the difference (visually) again on LG IQ/Expo, so far no issues

Tested with glBenchmark.

The results...

1.GLBenchmark PRO ES 1.1
2.GLBenchmark HD ES 1.1

Before the beta patch @998Mhz
1. 3.7fps
2. 9.6fps

After applying the beta patch @ 998Mhz
1. 10.0 fps
2. 54.4fps