[APP] BirthdayCake2 - Blow out the candles with your phone's mic! - Version 2.0!

Search This thread

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
birthdaycake2_2.png

Inspired by the Wuvuzela app (and possibly by the announcement of Portal 2 at E3), I've developed a simple little application that allows you to blow into your phone's microphone to blow out candles on a cake.

birthdaycake2_1.png

The options screen, displayed before running the app, now allows you to Calibrate your device's microphone. Simply touch "Calibrate", press OK, and blow into your phones mic until told to stop. The minimum decibels needed blow out the candles are now set to your current environment.

You can also enable the tune, which will play the Happy birthday tune after blowing out the candles.

Finally, you can change the preset message to something more personal, such as "Happy Birthday, Michele!"

Features:
-Blow out candles with your phones mic
-Custom birthday message
-Calibrated to your environment
-New, prettier birthday cake
-Happy birthday tune played in the background

Tested and working on my HTC HD2, but should work on other devices as well.
Let me know what you think/if you have any problems.

Download:
Version 2.0: http://windowsphonehacker.com/birthdaycake2_released-08-05-10.php
Version 0.1: http://windowsphonehacker.com/files/birthdaycake.cab

Old video:

Last edited:

Rodolphe123

Feb 9, 2009
thanks for this good idea ! But in my HTC Touch HD, doesn't work : the candle is still there even if I blow strongly...

ostvarivanje

Feb 3, 2008
Thank you very much for application. Today is my birthday, even I can't switch off the candle. :)
I will try to restart the phone just in case.

Josh1912

May 5, 2009
If I may give my input

I think this application is useless, however many people like useless applications. To be quite honest, I think If you added the happy birthday song within the app that could be played on demand, that would create a much higher demand for it. I know there have been times when its someones birthday and I wish I could play the birthday song..... If this idea intrigues you let me know when you add it so I can be the first to test it out.... seems pretty simple....Good luck :cool:

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
great start....has great potential !!! why not try a new app of bits of paper.....that fly in pointed direction when blown in the mic ????:rolleyes:

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Once I get off vacation, I'll be sure to see about adding these features.

Also, can anyone see about getting me a cake image I can edit? One without a giant Portal gun? ;)