Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

forum subdivided in phone type.

Tip us?

M4io
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default forum subdivided in phone type.

Do you like it?

I'm not sure, we will have to see how it turns out. But it would be a shame if Blue Angel users stop reading the Himalaya, Wallaby posts. Because a lot of those guys have experience/answers on those machines.

Peter Poelman
Old
Retired Administrator
Thanks Meter 48
Default Re: forum subdivided in phone type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4io
Do you like it?

I'm not sure, we will have to see how it turns out. But it would be a shame if Blue Angel users stop reading the Himalaya, Wallaby posts. Because a lot of those guys have experience/answers on those machines.
Point is the old hack with two different phone types was both unmaintainable (or at least not on the current time-budget), and it would become unworkable as well when there's 5 or more phones: a 2D matrix of messages would have resulted in a giant mess as well.

More on this later, first some more work...

Albondigas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Peter, thanks for all the hard work!

I have a remark, though.
With the partitioning of the forum in the various HTC phone types, I feel I'm missing a forum entry with a name like "Software" or "Applications". Threads on applications like Zendrui's PocketZenPhone (an app. that runs on at least Wallaby and Himalaya), aren't really at home with one specific phone type.
Of course, there is the "General" forum. But that's so ........... general.

Is that an option?

Regards
Albondigas
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Previous devices:
[2011] Samsung Galaxy Note (N9000); [2010] HTC HD2 (Leo); [2008] HTC Touch Diamond; [2004] HTC Himalaya (Qtek 2020 etc)