Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod Nightly Build [check link for newest version] Update 7/24 Full Market

Tip us?

mrmomoman
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronzy View Post
I'm a noob to rooting and installing roms, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction? I just did simple root last night so yes I have full root.

1. I flashed the newest radio at the beginning of this post.
2. Didn't worry about wi-max radio since I don't have the service. (maybe where i went wrong?)
3. Flashed the CM6 nightly rom.

Flashed all using "PWR+VOL DOWN>Recovery>Flash zip from sdcard" method. I'm not sure if there's another way to do this.

After flashing the ROM and rebooting, i'm stuck at the "strings of light shooting in from the side to form an X" screen. Won't go any further, power button won't turn the phone off, and now I can't get back into the phone to set it to disk drive in order to load the rooted stock rom. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Can I install a ROM from my pc using the HBOOT USB option?

Looks like a bunch of advanced users here with a lot of success; any advice is appreciated.
1) Go into Recovery - RA or CW - it doesn't matter. Proven to work on both.
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik - iif you have that choice depending on Recovery
4) Install from zip on sdcard
5) Locate CM 6 - nightly build
6) Install the CM 6
7) Once that is completed - install the Radio. If you have already done this - please skip.
8) Skip the WiMax for you. It doesn't function at the moment anyways.
9) Install the gapps - with the "hdpi" not the "mdpi"(for smaller screens) make sure its the FRF91 signed apk. So a search for it. It's been posted and mirrors a million times already.
10) Once completed - select reboot and the swirling lines should go from multi-color to blue and then boot up. Give it a few mins. Everyone is different on the time length. It should not take over 5 mins.

Good luck.

mrmomoman
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002 View Post
sprint updater is constantly FC'ing for me (from what I read that had to be installed to get VVM)
You can just install the Sprint_VMM.apk. I did not install the updater and my VMM was provisioned in less than a min. A couple of text messages came and then the final one said provisioned.

mikeDCMDVA
Old
Thanks Meter 37
So how is everyones ROM doing?

Does this have 4G?

BuddaBelly
Old
Thanks Meter 51
So far so good for me. Installed a few Sprint APKs and only received a force closure on the sprintupdate.apk. I finally just removed it but sprint tv and sprint voice mail seems to be working fine as does sprint nav. Oh and have I mention how fast it is

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP201007191057.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	363147 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP2010071910391.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	363148

kmagn13
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeDCMDVA View Post
So how is everyones ROM doing?

Does this have 4G?
No 4G... CM is suppose to be working on it... I would bet the final release will include it...

mikeDCMDVA
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmagn13 View Post
No 4G... CM is suppose to be working on it... I would bet the final release will include it...
Ah, ok, well thank you for answering!

I should just go ahead and fire it up, not much 4G around my way anyways.

stroths
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Question LED Notifications not working

Are LED notifications not working for everyone? I did a Titanium restore on apps and want to make sure I didn't kill them by installing something I shouldn't have from my old 2.1 build.
Treo 600-> Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Treo 700wx-> Mogul-> Touch Pro-> Touch Pro 2-> Evo 4G-> Evo 3D-> Galaxy S2-> Galaxy Nexus

gbopanonymous
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasd321 View Post
Do u have a link to the latest clockwork? I can't stand ar recovery

download ROM manager and click "flash alternate recovery" thats what i did.. and it works.

herzzreh
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant262 View Post
How would I go about to get Sprint TV and such installed again??
Just pull up any rom and pull the apks out of it.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

afflaq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There's an amazing correlation between exchange enforcing a lock screen and my blood pressure. All better now though. I hate that thing.

Tags
!cyanhugepenis, -quadruple penetration, 4g anyone?, a whole lot of posts, addict, awesome tags, bincter, boats and hoes, can i bear cyan's kids?, cm6, cyanogen, cyanogen ftw!, cyanogenmod, development section, dicks, lazy op, move us back, raging boner, rom fornication, sex and drugs, teamdouche, tranny op, violent seduction, we love cyanogen!, you're holding it wrong
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe