Originally Posted by Chronzy
I'm a noob to rooting and installing roms, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction? I just did simple root last night so yes I have full root.
1. I flashed the newest radio at the beginning of this post.
2. Didn't worry about wi-max radio since I don't have the service. (maybe where i went wrong?)
3. Flashed the CM6 nightly rom.
Flashed all using "PWR+VOL DOWN>Recovery>Flash zip from sdcard" method. I'm not sure if there's another way to do this.
After flashing the ROM and rebooting, i'm stuck at the "strings of light shooting in from the side to form an X" screen. Won't go any further, power button won't turn the phone off, and now I can't get back into the phone to set it to disk drive in order to load the rooted stock rom. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
Can I install a ROM from my pc using the HBOOT USB option?
Looks like a bunch of advanced users here with a lot of success; any advice is appreciated.
1) Go into Recovery - RA or CW - it doesn't matter. Proven to work on both.
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik - iif you have that choice depending on Recovery
4) Install from zip on sdcard
5) Locate CM 6 - nightly build
6) Install the CM 6
7) Once that is completed - install the Radio. If you have already done this - please skip.
8) Skip the WiMax for you. It doesn't function at the moment anyways.
9) Install the gapps - with the "hdpi" not the "mdpi"(for smaller screens) make sure its the FRF91 signed apk. So a search for it. It's been posted and mirrors a million times already.
10) Once completed - select reboot and the swirling lines should go from multi-color to blue and then boot up. Give it a few mins. Everyone is different on the time length. It should not take over 5 mins.