5,601,143 Members 51,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]Complete upgrading guide(root, unroot, flashing ROM & updates)

Tip us?

BlackBirdf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You have to decide yourself if it's worth or not, I don't know which bugfixes it has (I just did it right after rooting), but you get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68998#poststop
HTC Desire Unbranded & rooted & UVOC | Network: Drei.AT | Rom: Simple rooted Froyo | Build: (2.09.405.8)* | Kernel: 2.6.32.15 | Radio: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20 | HBOOT: 0.80.0000
> *going to try some roms... <

mazeli
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have one single question, why do i have to flash the radio? is it because of froyo?

fms01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My HTC Desire is a CDMA test unit and I'd like to put a 2.2 rom on it. Will the existing 2.2 roms for GSM desires brick mine?

djoni1980
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeli View Post
i have one single question, why do i have to flash the radio? is it because of froyo?
you don't have to flash radio, unless you want to try out some froyo roms

BlackBirdf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fms01 View Post
My HTC Desire is a CDMA test unit and I'd like to put a 2.2 rom on it. Will the existing 2.2 roms for GSM desires brick mine?
Yes, I think so, all newer froyo roms need you to flash the radio, which wouldn't be compatible with your radio.
But maybe the older ones are working on your phone...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
HTC Desire Unbranded & rooted & UVOC | Network: Drei.AT | Rom: Simple rooted Froyo | Build: (2.09.405.8)* | Kernel: 2.6.32.15 | Radio: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20 | HBOOT: 0.80.0000
> *going to try some roms... <

cabeco68
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have to boot in recovery mode to make step #8 in post #2

fms01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBirdf View Post
Yes, I think so, all newer froyo roms need you to flash the radio, which wouldn't be compatible with your radio.
But maybe the older ones are working on your phone...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Thanks,

I think I'll just stick to my wife's Acer Liquid then with experimenting with ROMs...maybe later today

Erik97
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is someone working on FULL root?

GRAYHAM1982
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default As far as reboot

I have a Telstra Desire, succesfully rooted. I've followed all directions. backup, wipe installl custom ROM etc. When i reboot so it starts with the custom ROM it just sits on the Start screen and doesnt do anything, i've left it for an hour at one point but still nothing. Only way to sort this was to PULL OUT THE BATTERY!!!! Then reinsert and power phone back into recovery and put it back is if i never had the Custom ROM on in the first place. I have it working but only with the standard crap that came with it. What am i missing?

GRAYHAM1982
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am also using a vodafone card in it, so its not exactly locked but this is annoying not being able to use a Custom ROM

Tags
orange uk htc desire, root