[Req] - Multitask - Photo + Call

Search This thread

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
It seems the phone is not able to take a picture while it is in a call. I am not sure if this is normal for Android or just the SGS. If possible, it would be great if the option was made available. I don't use this feature a lot but there are times when you want to be able to do that.

Thanks

AustinKnight45

Jan 11, 2009
Austin
LOL hell of a situation well thats really rare, well where there is root there is a way maybe someone else will be able to help or they too have had this problem :cool:

ElahC

Aug 2, 2009
It seems the phone is not able to take a picture while it is in a call. I am not sure if this is normal for Android or just the SGS. If possible, it would be great if the option was made available. I don't use this feature a lot but there are times when you want to be able to do that.

Thanks

I would like this feature as well you never know when you need it. This would be quite useful indeed .

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
LOL hell of a situation well thats really rare, well where there is root there is a way maybe someone else will be able to help or they too have had this problem :cool:

yeah, weired situation happens :) Besides, I'm guessing it's not hardware limited so maybe we can get a fix for this as well in our upcoming roms.

tpreludesh

Nov 23, 2009
Murrieta
mine has worked in this situatuon. i had my bluetooth connected though so that could be the difference. i do it all the time cause my mother hasnt seen my newest kid yet so i send her pics when i am on the phone with her

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Moved to General forum. The development forum is only for development threads. (Threads with actual development happening.)
Questions should always be in the General forums (or Q&A if your device has a Q&A forum.)

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Moved to General forum. The development forum is only for development threads. (Threads with actual development happening.)
Questions should always be in the General forums (or Q&A if your device has a Q&A forum.)

Dbryon

Jul 27, 2010
Down load camera illusion free app works while on phone

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Someone wrote that popup. They wrote it for a reason. My guess is that the phone.apk and the camera.apk are too RAM hungry, or other-resource hungry to run well together.

I love both of the apps. They're the best I've seen for either on Android yet. I'd like to see them work together at the same time, but there's no one in my life who wouldn't let me call them right back after I take a pic or two.

Maybe if you're calling 911 and trying to catch what you're reporting, but that's why I have a camera in my glovebox all the time. I'd recommend it (just in case you're flashing a ROM while driving and it didn't get a chance to boot up....)

AndroidZ28

Jul 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Someone wrote that popup. They wrote it for a reason. My guess is that the phone.apk and the camera.apk are too RAM hungry, or other-resource hungry to run well together.

I love both of the apps. They're the best I've seen for either on Android yet. I'd like to see them work together at the same time, but there's no one in my life who wouldn't let me call them right back after I take a pic or two.

Maybe if you're calling 911 and trying to catch what you're reporting, but that's why I have a camera in my glovebox all the time. I'd recommend it (just in case you're flashing a ROM while driving and it didn't get a chance to boot up....)

That happened to me the other day: I was riding the motorcycle down the interstate and I put my sandwich down so I could change lanes, as I was merging I wiped and flashed CM6 on my Vibrant and this lady ran me off the bridge. By the time I swam to shore she was driving away and I was stuck in a boot loop and couldn't take a picture of her plate. I was so upset I finished eating my sandwich and swam home. :D

tpreludesh

Nov 23, 2009
Murrieta
ewww soggy sandwich lol. great story lol oh and too bad for the boot loop, stupid lady. in all seriousness though, im not sure why but mine has no problems taking pictures while being on the phone, but again, i think it is because i use my luetooth all the time

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
See? I knew someone would have a situation!

That's one that'll keep me chuckling into tomorrow.

BTW, I tried it with bluetooth. Nada. I still get the error with the OEM camera app. Camera Magic is my alternate. It's lightweight.

Glad you got out of that one safely.

Last edited: