Galaxy S Sync with Outlook

Search This thread

Keith1990

Jul 27, 2010
Hi, I am having problems syncing the Galaxy S to Samsungs Kies software, which in turn allows you to sync with Outlook. Spoken to Samsung support but no result and they blame a faulty handset. Orange say not and suggested I try XDA. Is there any other software out there that can allow the phone to sync with Outlook? Thanks for any help.

EddiJoJo

Jul 23, 2010
Hi, I am having problems syncing the Galaxy S to Samsungs Kies software, which in turn allows you to sync with Outlook. Spoken to Samsung support but no result and they blame a faulty handset. Orange say not and suggested I try XDA. Is there any other software out there that can allow the phone to sync with Outlook? Thanks for any help.

Are you using Launcher Pro by any chance?

Roy Ngan

Jun 27, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, you plan to sync it via USB with your desktop Outlook and not via WIFI or Internet?

Any reason?

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Moved to General forum. The development forum is only for development threads. (Threads with actual development happening.)
Questions should always be in the General forums (or Q&A if your device has a Q&A forum.)

marie.musicademy

Jul 28, 2010
Same problem. Also administrator privilege error message

I am having the same problem with the Samsung Galaxy S and synching to Outlook. I'm using Kies with a cable. Orange is my service provider but have tried on Wifi as well and have the same error.

I get a message saying that I need Administrator Privilege permissions. I am logged in as the admin on my computer so not sure on this.

marie.musicademy

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks Fido. Right click within Kies? Nothing happens. I'm running Windows 7. Have checked the settings and I do have administrator rights...

marie.musicademy

Jul 28, 2010
That makes sense. Have done that however and still the same error. Have simply Run as Administrator in the first right click menu. Tried the same in Properties/Compatibility for both myself and all users. Does feel like we are nearly there though with those menu options. Its just not working

VeenK

Oct 22, 2008
Not sure why it is not working for you. Kies is indeed not working well and slowly. It should be able to work. I got it working (don't ask me how) between my Galaxy S and Outlook on my Win 7 64bits.

However, the sync formats are terrible. It doesn't sync my contacts photos from my computer to the phone. Next I see that some fields are lost, and some contacts with more than one number or email are replicated. Replication only showing that 2nd number/email.

Thus, it tries to sync. But it does not sync. (Sync meaning twice the same) This is appearantly a Samsung Kies programmers fault by not relating the Outlook data fields correctly to the phone's.

I am now looking if there are other 3rd party sync programs which do a better sync. Also see no reason why Kies syncing should be so slow. I read somewhere that Kies was originaly not designed for Android phones. So hopefully Samsung will create another sync program???? But I can't wait too long for that.

Also no call recording found yet, I should have stayed with my Windows Mobile... but the Android sounded so promissing, open source and all....

Don't get me wrong, I love the phone.... with its imperfections. Lets see if there are any apps, patches, or mods out there which make it perfect.

Last edited: