CyanogenMod-6 for Aria: It's soo sexy - proof is in the kernel!

Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 6 to your Aria(or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE/Factory Reset
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

http://mirror.kanged.net/gapps/

Latest version: 6.0.2.1-Aria - 09/12/2010
Download: update-cm-6.0.2.1-Liberty-signed.zip
Mirror: update-cm-6.0.2.1-Liberty-signed.zip
MD5Sum: 0b93e84a33a5f98d7e8f4162f5b2a5a4

Release Candidate: (MANY Updates/bugfixes) Includes new kernel with many perfomance enhancements, including overclock (when used with setcpu)
Download: update-cm-6.1.0-RC0-Liberty-signed.zip
MD5Sum: 20af9ea0218cd7097ec5d843b1b0b414

Google Addon: MDPI-20101020
Mirror: http://www.tap3w0rm.com/hosted/android/gapps/gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Linux GPL information:

Kernel modified by cyanogen, based on source provided for the HTC Liberty (Aria) and HTC Legend by HTC
Current kernel source and config are located at http://github.com/attn1/htc-kernel-liberty
ReadMe Here: http://github.com/attn1/htc-kernel-liberty/blob/master/README
Kernel credits are posted in the readme and github repository changelogs, with additions and configuration by cyanogen.

Last edited:

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
Credits:

This bulk of this PROJECT is still largely (overwhelmingly) the result of the efforts of cyanogen and team cyanogenMod.

I need to be crystal clear that I didn't do this by myself in a vacuum. This was a team effort. I'd like to thank cyanogen, who pointed me in the right direction when I had a false start and has now integrated this device project into cyanogenmod..

I'd like to thank Eugene, who got me started.

I'd like to thank the entire crew at irc channel #liberatedAria for helping so many noobs get started so I could do other stuff, but especially endeng, for building the first dev environment to follow and verify my process to keep my builds honest, and for helping jznomoney also build a dev environment and continue work while I was sidetracked. jznomoney did a ton of grunt work and some good guesswork to finish up and get a largely working ROM. Atlas gave me a clue after I needed one after not sleeping for a few days.

Large and in charge and consistently contributing big time in the IRC channel are:

shad0wf0x
yoshiofthewire
redapex
jasonyump
NeoLobster

Please read the FAQ before/while downloading. Failure to do so will result in bad voodoo.

Nightly:

It's a beautiful thing: nightly builds from the cyanogenMod buildbot - these are builds against the latest cm code repository, are experimental and may not work. But it you want to look at the very latest, this is where you'll find it:

http://mirror.kanged.net/cm/nightly/liberty/

Last edited:

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
Non-standard disclaimer:

In order to use this ROM, you must have already installed clockwork recovery. If you manage to brick your phone with this ROM from there, you are a dumb ass of unimaginable proportions, and I absolve myself of any responsibility whatsoever. Further, any damage done to your phone with this experimental software is your fault and no one else's.

FAQ

Q. I bricked my phone/my signal sucks/my cat exploded since installing this ROM.
A. See the Non-standard disclaimer above.

Q. I can't seem to flash the rom successfully, and my Nandroid backups don't restore.
A. Do NOT start Clockwork recovery by powering down the phone with the USB port plugged in. Clockwork WILL NOT operate reliably that way. Power down the phone with the USB cord disconnected so that the phone powers off properly. Then start the phone by pressing and holding the vol-down button while pressing the power button to start. After diagnostics complete, you can enter Clockwork the proper way.

Q. I lost my 3g connection after I flashed cm6, now the icon just says "H".
A. You didn't lose 3g - the H is for HSDPA, which is enhanced 3g, sometimes referred to as 3.5g. It's a good thing, if you see an "H" where the "G" used to display - don't worry about it. Print this out for next time you head to the can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Speed_Downlink_Packet_Access

Q. How do I keep my wifi from going to sleep every time the screen shuts off?
A. There is a hidden feature that disables wifi sleep.
menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > wifi settings > menu (again) > advanced > Wi-Fi Sleep policy > Never > menu > Save
However: although you can keep the wifi service from sleeping, the wifi driver will still sleep on it's own after detecting no bus activity for a period of time.

Q. Will this ROM support over or under clocking with Set CPU?
A. The kernel has been updated to support overclocking with SetCpu

Q. I can't get flash to work. What's going on?
A. Flash 10 is not supported by this CPU and AOSP Android does not support flash lite. Even if a hack allows installation of Flash 10, it's doubtful it will run very well.

Q. Where's the FroYo wireless hotspot?
A. It's in there!
menu > Wireless & networks > tethering and portable hotspot

Q. What's wrong with bluetooth? It doesn't work with my floozengadget.
A. Nothing. All bluetooth functions have been confirmed *WORKING* with compatible devices.

Q. But my floozengadget device is bluetooth compatible. What's wrong with bluetooth?
A. Nothing. Android AOSP bluetooth on the broadcom chipset is not compatible with every bluetooth device. Consistent compatibility issues have been noted with devices using certain parrott chipsets, certain automobiles with factory bluetooth including most Nissans, Volkswagons and an assortment of other devices and autos.

Q. Can you fix bluetooth so it will work with my floozengadget device?
A. No.

Q. Does the FM Radio work?
A. No, and there are no plans for FM radio support at this time.

Q. I miss HTC Sense. Can it be added to CM6?
A. No. HTC Sense is proprietary. Further, it is more than just a launcher and add on programs.

Q. But I really really really miss Sense. Can it be added to CM6?
A. No. And still - no. Yet - no.

Q. What's an ETA for the fixes and when will the ROM be finished?
A. No one gets a dime for this port, and no one works on it full time. It's a work in progress and as we make any significant breakthroughs, we'll update the ROM and post it. Sometimes I take time off from the project just to be a wise ass and beat on jznomoney. I don't know how any of this answers the question, but if it conveys an urgency to meet a schedule, then I recommend reading the answer over and over again until it doesn't.

Q. My widgets don't load or I am missing icons on the desktop or in folders.
A. The sdcard mounts late in the startup process - later than when desktop icons and widgets are loaded. This is a problem inherent in Android 2.2 and manifests itself when an application/widget is moved to the sdcard that has a presence on the Desktop. This is not a bug in this ROM, it's apps2sd in FroYo.

Q. If this is cyanogenmod, then how come it doesn't work exactly like it does on xyzphone?
A. Good question. I guess mostly because it's not an xyzphone.

Q. May I use your work and customize it and republish it?
A. My work is a small portion of this project. Ask cyanogen specifically about what you want to do and if he's okay with it, who am I to argue? Do not ever claim the work you are using as your own or fail to give cyanogen or his team credit for the project and my group credit for the device port or you will be on a lot of s-lists faster than you can hit your spacebar. I don't think cyanogenmod should be skinned up for redistribution.

Q. May I republish this ROM, giving proper credit?
A. Get permission first.

Q. Will you put out customized/skinned versions of this ROM?
A. No. This is meant to be a clean port of cyanogenmod for the HTC Aria, and nothing more. cyanogenmod is an awesome project, and I don't plan to detract from what it is in any way shape or form by customization. Once you install it, you are free to do whatever you like with it. You are of course also free to build flash-able skins and whatever mods you'd like to share.

Last edited:

drwatson1234

Jul 11, 2010
Can't wait for this! Here comes my new everyday ROM.

Thanks so much attn1!!!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
:D might wanna fix that

Thanks for a great effort, can't wait to try! Just curious, why is it that all non-stock ROMs that have been released so far do not have a functional camera? Is it particularly difficult to get working?

I will like to know that also... the camera is always that thing that does not work...

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
:D might wanna fix that

Thanks for a great effort, can't wait to try! Just curious, why is it that all non-stock ROMs that have been released so far do not have a functional camera? Is it particularly difficult to get working?

figures my first new bug report would be a spelling correction in my post.

Cinderous

Jul 8, 2010
Connecticut
This is fantastic :D I'm flashing right now. To those asking about the camera, I can't really answer your question, but I can input this little tidbit; On the Clean Eclair ROM, the camera was functioning, but didn't handle colors properly, everything had a blue tint to it that led to the inversing of a number of colors (mostly blues with reds and vice versa), which led to some quite interesting photographs although that's not necessarily everyones cup of tea :p

Also take note, not all the colors you see there are a direct result of the camera, I use CameraFX for all those shots altering the color IT applied to the picture as well, although there were things I had no control over, i.e. the lighter pictured is red with a blue button, the actual lighter is red with a blue button.

Top Liked Posts