ALK have restored the CP8 download. Link here - thanks to Antus.
***Update 2*** 06th June 2011
It would seem with the introduction of CoPilot 9, a number of changes have occurred to their web site. As such, the old free APK update for CP8 has been removed from their system and can no longer be downloaded. It's still legit to own as it requires activation, so if someone could host the file contact me and I'll add the link, otherwise, this thread is effectively invalid. Sadly I no longer have the APK in question, because I just invested in CP9.
***Update*** 15th August 2010
This isn't specifically for the HD2. In fact this works for any device! WinMo -> Android OR Android -> WinMo.
Since those geniuses Coutlla/Dan fixed GPS for the HD2 Android, I thought for those of you who have purchased Co-Pilot and wish to transfer it over to Android, I'd make a small guide.
- A *LEGAL* copy of CoPilot 8 for Windows Mobile and the license key
- The latest version of CoPilot 8 for Android (works in Froyo now): LINK RESTORED
I bought it about 8 months ago for my HD2, for Windows Mobile 6.5. Great piece of software. I contacted ALK to ask if I could transfer between OS's and they said no, it wouldn't work! It also clearly states on their web site that transfers don't work: LINK RESTORED
So being stubborn, I thought I'd take my own license from WinMo and deactivate it, stick it into Android and needless to say - it works and I have a fully legal copy of CoPilot 8 running on my Android Froyo device. Those cheeky beggers at ALK!!!
So how to get it working:
- Make sure you still have CoPilot installed under Windows Mobile and activated;
- Launch CoPilot. Go to the Menu|Settings|Licensing (NOTE: If you can't see this, find "More Settings" and select that first to show Licensing);
- Select your Map Region from the list (Mine was UK and Ireland), then press "Deactivate";
- CoPilot will now shut down;
- Boot into Android and using an installer, install the APK file which is in the requirements section at the top of the page or here (LINK RESTORED);
- Open CoPilot from the Menu and it will ask for your license info. Enter this as you did when you first bought CoPilot (usually a username and password);
- Bada Bing. That should be it, all working!
Just to clarify one further time, this is only for legally purchased licenses. No questions about dodgy software please. Thank you.