New Power Control widget with one click 2G/3G toggling
I waited a lot of time for Google to release the support of a API to allow changing the 2G/3G with one click
As many others I would like to have the ability to do it without need to go to the settings.
Since Google didn't do it, I decided to do it by myself.
For that I modified the Phone and Setting applications that are delivered in the Cyanogen 6 version.
I made a new Power Control widget that now has the following:
- 2G/3G toggling (one click. With 3G only or 3G preferred)
- Ring mode toggling (Different possibilities)
- Screen timeout (15s/1min/5 min or 30s/2m/5Min)
- Toggle orientation sensor(enabled/disabled)
- Brightness levels (added different possible levels)
- Airplane mode enable/disable
- Lock Screen enable/disable
- Flashlight (screen mode works on Magic. on N1 it doesn't work=Don't use it)
- Can now be set with vertical layout
- you can choose different buttons on the widget
- possibility for a transparent widget
- possibility to avoid the widget "round corners"
- Option to change to 2G automatically when Mobile data is disabled
- Option to change to 3G automatically when Mobile data is enabled back
- Option to disable sync automatically when WIFI is disabled (avoids sync on mobile data)
- Option to enable sync automatically when WIFI is enabled back
- Option to choose if Ring mode is ON with vibrate or with sound
- Option to monitor the Data roaming (set the icon to red if enabled)
Changes done to GPS or Mobile Data in normal Settings page are now automatically synchronized in the widget.
- Setting page still very ugly
- Like the original one, limited to a single 4x1 widget.
- Button order is fixed
Before I contribute with my code to Cyanogen, I would like to see the feedback of other persons to confirm if this change is interesting or not.
If not, I would keep it just to myself.
It was only tested in my own HTC Magic. So I cannot guarantee that it will work 100%. If you want it, then use it at your own risk
Unfortunately it require changes of main Phone applications so I don't think it is possible to do it for all the Phones.
For now it will only work with CM6
I hope this is also interesting for several other people.
How to download: