Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Tip us?

aindow
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I used the Wifi hotspot just fine and the speeds were good for me. I get speeds of around 3meg where i live when using HSDPA or 3g+ whatever you refer to it as. I find it could be a bit of a gimick though as the battery surely won't last long on the hotspot mode.

bakedecake
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymit View Post
Get the latest iTunes and HTC Sync. You transfer via HTC Sync..as far as I know
There is a link to the new version here
http://rootmydroid.co.uk/uncategoriz...e-of-htc-sync/

I have installed it and it works

Bouncer5
Old
(Last edited by Bouncer5; 3rd August 2010 at 06:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for linking tomy thread on battery usage

john014
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by john014 View Post
Hi guys, one of the features mentioned is rds on the radio. I cannot see any option to enable this and the radio app does not seem to pick up the rds data? Am I missing something?
Any ideas guys?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway

mrl43
Old
(Last edited by mrl43; 3rd August 2010 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedecake View Post
There is a link to the new version here

I have installed it and it works
Really? I couldn't get this version to work on my Desire. Any tips?

chichoko
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindow View Post
I used the Wifi hotspot just fine and the speeds were good for me. I get speeds of around 3meg where i live when using HSDPA or 3g+ whatever you refer to it as. I find it could be a bit of a gimick though as the battery surely won't last long on the hotspot mode.
I dont think hsdpa and 3g are the same but yeah its more of a gimmick feature and its good in cases of emergency when you need internet to send an email or whatever.. as for the battery.. well if you use it for your laptop you can very well plug the phone in to charge up a bit.. i will test the speeds myself as soon as i get an unlimited plan.. for now its forbidden to me :/

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Nexus 7
Stock 4.2.2
Unlocked / Rooted

HTC Desire
ROM: VJ Jelly Bean 4.2.2 v6.0
Kernel: NikeZ 2.6.38.8
Radio: 5.17.05.23

SonyEricsson x1
ROM: Valkyrie FireStormLEO|v6.6 23120
Radio: 1.16| Ril: 1.14

bridgstfer
Old
Thanks Meter 3
- When you receive an incoming call from a contact you have linked to a facebook profile you see the persons profile picture in a new box with frame around it and also their latest facebook status at the bottom

- In build facebook app now has Inbox for facebook messages! (only iphone app had this before) and the notifications if enabled seem to be push messages (not 100% this was not there before but i never saw it)

- The HTC RSS reader is literally about 10million times quicker at opening. I have about 14 feeds and 15 key words and it would always take AT LEAST 10seconds to open and load. Now it is about 1 second. (you do the math thats 10million x's faster :) )

- When you press the search button it will also search the Android market as well as the phone/google

FlatEric83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bug (New):

- While navigating with Google Navigator and listening to music with stock player, after the music has been paused by navigator voice song doesn't resume (it did on 2.1, haven't tried with other combinations of player/navigator)

Really annoying for me since with my Ford Fiesta, both calls and audio are redirected to BT, and if I want to listen to directions I've to switch to BT audio on car system...I used to start music as well, and it did function (forgiving the fact that with a lot of turns you get a lot of halts on music), but now no more

Bug (don't know if new or already there in 2.1):

- Stock music player in portrait mode shows only a white backround, no covers (they are showed only in portrait with the "flow" visualization)
HTC Desire

muc_waldek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I think memory management improved considerably. The amount of available RAM on my Desire doesn't drop below 100MB. It might make Task managers obsolete.

bugmenever
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgstfer View Post
- In build facebook app now has Inbox for facebook messages! (only iphone app had this before) and the notifications if enabled seem to be push messages (not 100% this was not there before but i never saw it)
The inbox has been there long before 2.2.