Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nand unlock

Tip us?

Errroneous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nand unlock

I do not know if I need nand unlocked, as I do not know what exactly it does. But I know some roms do require it and it is recommended to do. I do not know hot to unlock nand on the netarchy Froyo rooted rom though. I do have root but I never downgraded hboot and unlocked nand previously. I am not sure which methods of downgrading hboot and unlocking nand work with this new build.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

timothydonohue
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errroneous View Post
I do not know if I need nand unlocked, as I do not know what exactly it does. But I know some roms do require it and it is recommended to do. I do not know hot to unlock nand on the netarchy Froyo rooted rom though. I do have root but I never downgraded hboot and unlocked nand previously. I am not sure which methods of downgrading hboot and unlocking nand work with this new build.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

look in the android development forum. at the top are some 'stickies', look through them. one of them will contain a link to toastcfh's method for getting a full, nand unlocked, android setup. there is also a simpleroot method that seems to work for many people.
If you need help, try IRC #Cyanogenmod in freenode.net
Someone may be able to help you there. I will try, if I'm on.

omegasun18
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
look in the android development forum. at the top are some 'stickies', look through them. one of them will contain a link to toastcfh's method for getting a full, nand unlocked, android setup. there is also a simpleroot method that seems to work for many people.
i second Taostcfh's method. It may look complicated but jsut go one step at a time and if you run into a problem post in this thread and we will try to help yuo through it.

As far as NAND unlock basically what it does it it replaces your HBOOT with an engineering build. This basically allows you to mount r/w system files. while rooted with out nand most system files are still locked away from you. I know its not the best explanation but i think it gets the idea across.

EVO 4G
Current Daily Driver
*Koni's Elite Series III*
Current Kernel
*Netarchy 4.3.2 CFS More Aggresive*
Current Theme
Honeycomb Dreams
Current Launcher
*Honeycomb Dreams LauncherPro option 1*