[Rom] Burnt Droid - 1.4.2 - by netarchy (07-Jan-2011) Updated with 3.70.651.1 base
People keep asking me what rom I use, and I always end up answering: "My own." Now you can play with the same rom I do *cue ooh's and aah's*
Features of Burnt Droid 1.4.2:
- Based off HTC's official Froyo update (This means it has Sense)
- Slate theme (as of 1.4.1, Courtesy of Envynet) Official Slate theme thread here.
- Busybox 1.16.2 installed
- Bash 4.1 available for shell users (just use "exec bash" at the shell prompt and off ya go)
- Dalvik Cache tweaks to force Dalvik to use the cache partition instead of eating 80+ megs of space on the data partition (silly dalvik, /data is for apps!)
- Zipalign check on boot makes sure all apps are zipaligned for better performance
- Removed *most* Sprint apps
- Removed other various useless crap and/or bloatware (ie; HTC Footprints, Teeter, Stocks, etc)
- Comes preloaded with Wireless Tether, Azilink, dotty, ES File Manager, Launcher Pro, MSL reader
- netarchy-toastmod kernel revision 4.3.1-cfs-nohavs-nosbc as stock (Kernel revision updates are available in the official netarchy-toastmod thread)
- Contains 100% more awesomesauce, and the potential to amass an army of rabid naked bunnies with which to take over the world.
If you are migrating from another 2.2 rom you need to do a full wipe.
If you're updating from a previous version of Burnt Droid, you probably only need to wipe cache and dalvik-cache.
Of course, if you encounter problems, do a full wipe.
First boot may take several minutes, just be patient, a data cache is being created.
Make a nandroid backup from recovery before flashing -just in case- (you can never be too safe ;D)
Removed bloat apps from 1.4
BD 1.4 Revised Mirror 01
Mirror 02 (Thanks Ludacon!)
Alternate BD 1.4 with an HTC stock kernel for people having issues with the default netarchy-toastmod kernel, courtesy of XxXVirusXxX
Removed bloat apps from 1.3
The latest netarchy-toastmod kernel revision can always be found here
Burnt Droid 1.2
Changes from Burnt Droid 1.4.1 to 1.4.2:
- Updated default kernel to address some reports of screen tearing issues (If you're already using 1.4.1 you can just update with a 4.3.1 kernel from the official netarchy-toastmod thread)
Changes from Burnt Droid 1.4 to 1.4.1:
- Updated default kernel to netarchy-toastmod-4.3-cfs-nohavs-noUV
- Slate theme is now the default look for BD (Courtesy of work done by Envynet)
Changes from Burnt Droid 1.3 to 1.4:
- Updated to 3.70.651.1 sense rom base (Minus much bloat)
Changes from Burnt Droid 1.2 to 1.3:
- Updated to a 3.30.651.2 sense rom base
- Updated included apps to newer versions (ie; wireless tether, etc)
Changes from Burnt Droid 1.1 to 1.2:
- Updated to a 3.29.651.5 sense rom base
Changes from Burnt Droid 1.0 to 1.1:
- Updated Sprint Voicemail and TV apps
- Updated Superuser.apk to 22.214.171.124 (Thank you flip)
- Updated Wireless tether version to 2.0.5-pre8
- Default kernel is now netarchy-toastmod 126.96.36.199-cfs Beta (Welcome to the bleeding edge)
- Launcher Pro is now an included app
- Incremented version number a whole .1 (zomgz!)