Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TO ALL APP DEVELOPERS] How make your app multilanguage - 99translations

OP FRANQ_23_PL

7th August 2010, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gorzˇw Wielkopolski
Thanks Meter: 2

206 posts
More
Hi XDA Developers!

I wanna present all of you very usefull site.
With this site you can have your app in many languages very, very easy.
This is 99translations:

Only that you must to do, is create a project named like your app, and include all phrases from your app.
A volunteer (or with some cash, everyone can set how much want in $ for translate one word in profile)
from other countries can open your project and translate phrases to own language.

I worked (for free) with this site at "Buddycloud" project - a Symbian social app (mix of Twitter and iRC):

Translating process is very, very easy. Translator can use a Google Translator for help:

Also project author having many, very useful tools. For example if you need one specific translation, you can choose your translator from list ("People tab")

More info for app developers you can find in "Tools" tab:

8th August 2010, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,043

22,288 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for sharing!
8th August 2010, 12:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gorzˇw Wielkopolski

206 posts
More
Red face
No problem. This is in our interess having apps in own language. Not many apps here are translated to polish. Not every developer know how organize translations... I know that translating some apps is hard or impossible.

It's hard to standarise this process. This advice/thread for sure will help translating many apps for free and in organized way.

I think i posted this in tight section, because this advice matching to any app or other project. I reported to mods to move thread to better section (General?).

I hope this advice will be accepted and good received by our dev's.
10th August 2010, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gorzˇw Wielkopolski

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Menjou

What if someone decides to be funny or a whole group like the Turkish error message on facebook "Your d*ck is too small"(It happened).

Well, it's hard to tell. Maybe developer can give access to his project only for selected, trusted ppl (knowed from forum for example).
People will make translation for own advantage (and other ppl speaking in the same language). For sure developer(s) can check translation (with built-in Google Translate tool) correctness before include it to app.
It looks lil'bit fondly, but i belive that someone who take this chellenge will not screw it.

Some incentive to translating can be free license (Epocware gives me few free licenses after i translated few they's app's).

If any developer need more details, then can ask developer "Elvis" (on 99translation site), im sure that he will helpfull (i translated BuddyCloud for him).
Last edited by FRANQ_23_PL; 10th August 2010 at 05:00 PM.
12th August 2010, 10:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

194 posts
It will be very helpful if I write programs in VisualStutio 2008 C#? Or not
12th August 2010, 03:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gorzˇw Wielkopolski

206 posts
More
http://99translations.com/page/tools/

Don't be lazy and check it. I give you tool and only you can decide is usefull or not if you check it a bit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, language, translate, translation, volunteers
Previous Thread Next Thread