Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

OCMan new Start menu Replacement(WVGA,VGA) _ Sense _ 5 columns....

OP ocman

27th June 2010, 06:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89

204 posts
Hello everybody, have finished my modification of kenia1234 sense startmenu replacement, using CHTeditor I have seen we can change programpages from 4 to 5 columns, wanted to do the same on kenia startmenu replacement...here is the result...

This is my first try in modding manila files, and I am quite happy to have understand the thing in half a day, hash file name is really a pain to work with...

But now I have what I wanted, a really usable start menu ( not too much long to scroll like list or 4 columns), included in the cab, shortcut to control panels item so you can disable the Windows mobile start menu to same a great 10mb of RAM, this hack to disabling completely the startmenu is from arto, I have attached the startmenu disabler for wm 6.5 and for wm 6.5.x, Install this to gain system memory...

Thanks to members Etoy & Abrasive We now have VGA versions as well !!!

VGA 4 rows

VGA 5 rows

Here is the link for original WVGA Kenia1234 version :
Original Kenia1234 Thread
Last edited by ocman; 13th September 2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: VGA link added
27th June 2010, 11:03 PM   |  #2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 686

875 posts
Donate to Me
Really nice!! I m glad to see that my work was useful for you...
thanks for the quote!

Anyway Good job!!
28th June 2010, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

204 posts
What would be great is the folder ability like the real startmenu, but thats definitely a hard work of coding...
30th June 2010, 11:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

204 posts
My real goal to achieve, is to replace the recent program list from the bottom, and to replace it with shortcut for "recent program", "All programs","Control Panel".

This way we can have acces to parameters without loosing the ability of recentprogramlist. but I really don't know enought by now on lua script etc to program the whole thing, we have the layout, we need a good dev to make the whole thing, but I think it's a bit difficult to do as it need the script to understand how to lauch cpl files...

my real dream is a lightweight startmenu replacement like "Panoramic Launcher"...
Last edited by ocman; 30th June 2010 at 11:08 AM.
5th August 2010, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

109 posts
This looks great - I never knew (or noticed) that the Start Menu was so heavyweight on memory. I might give this a go over the weekend. Nice work!
9th August 2010, 04:01 PM   |  #6  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 4

568 posts
More
ocman, this is a very nice tweak to get more ram. I tried Panoramic Launcher, but believe it or not, found it to be a bit buggy. Sometimes it launched and sometimes the start menu launched. I want something which I can get used to. I am trying your program and like it very much. The only thing I would change is to give the settings menu items the same icon as before. I think I can research this one as I know you can add icons to shortcuts.

It does seem to save some ram too.

Well done and thanks!!!
9th August 2010, 09:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 55

490 posts
More
How to put back the start menu?
9th August 2010, 09:51 PM   |  #8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 20

1,136 posts
More
Hi,

is it possible to creat folder in this start menu (i think yeah but need be sure )

Bye bye (et merci!!)
9th August 2010, 09:56 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

815 posts
More
Hmmm, pitty did not work for me.....did not get te square with start icons. Instead icons where similar oriented as current start menu and logo's where gone.
9th August 2010, 10:06 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

117 posts
great job.i ve been looking for a start menu disabler and a replacement for a year.

GREAT JOB,piece of ART !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sense, start menu replacement
Previous Thread Next Thread