Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,934 Members 51,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[EXTENSION][10Aug] Start Menu Back Gesture | CAB/EXT

Tip us?

OndraSter
Old
(Last edited by OndraSter; 23rd August 2010 at 09:15 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Default [EXTENSION][10Aug] Start Menu Back Gesture | CAB/EXT

Hello,
I had yesterday simple idea, use swype gesture to go up one level in Start Menu. After about 2 hours, work was done.

Animation is better than 100 words:

Like... you go from left to right (well, it works even in opposite direction) and if you move it with right, it puts you one level up.

Download:
.zip for EXT form -- on bottom of this post
.cab for CAB

Have fun!

Note: this is for WM6.5 and higher!
Attached Files
File Type: zip StartMenuBackGesture_1_0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.0 KB, 1410 views)
Lumia 920 + 800 - Official WP AppHub developer

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Do you like my work? Buy me beer.
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!
The Following User Says Thank You to OndraSter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rataplan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 601
You continue to amaze me

Looks great,

My devices:

Nokia Lumia 630, WP 8.1

Nokia Lumia 710 (broken ), WP 7.8 Rataplan Final

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT S5830i, Original rom

HTC Wildfire S A510e, CM 11.-BETA

Iphone 4 8gb My first and last Iphone

thesecondsfade
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 108
This option is already there for 6.5.x start menu, right? Would this only be fore 6.5 or 6.1?
TMOUS HTC HD7 - WP7.8 Deepshining v7.8 'NokiaLove'

My Android App:
SmartGas Free - The SMARTEST way to find the cheapest gas.

OndraSter
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
This is built on 6.5.3 DTK, but it uses only default stuff for WM6.5 (test it somebody please, thanks). WM6.1 doesn't contain StartMenu of this type, so no. Only WM6.5 and later .

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!

ransel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OndraSter View Post
This is built on 6.5.3 DTK, but it uses only default stuff for WM6.5 (test it somebody please, thanks). WM6.1 doesn't contain StartMenu of this type, so no. Only WM6.5 and later .
It can't work on WM 6.5...
I'm using Xperia X1 WM 6.5.

powinmo
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Wow. I must admit something so simple why the heck did MSFT *NOT* have something like this when they came up with their "newer" start menu in WM 6.5+? It does kinetic scrolling on up/down gestures, what's one more thing for them to add? Oh well.

Great work OndraSter! I can confirm this (via the cab install) works on a slightly older Energy ROM:
Energy.RHODCDMA.23121.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.21 (6.5.3 based)

Kubino
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tested (via cab install) on my clean ROM WM 6.5 build 21914 and it works . Thank you for your great work!
LG Nexus 4 (16GB) with radio 0.84, ROM Android L beta 3 && Hellscore kernel b47 + Ubuntu Touch + SailfishOS 1.0.8.19
Acer S200 with my own ROM WM 6.5.3 + 2gb microSD
Qtek 8310 with ROM WM6.1 Professional + 2gb miniSD

My ROMs for Acer S200: Kubino's WM 6.1 clean and Kubino's Clean v1.1 & Ultra clean v1.0 WWE and Kubino's MaxSense Edition RC
If you like my work, please DONATE me.

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,036
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for sharing!
orb

HTC Butterfly 2 - HTC One M8 - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

claus1953
Old
Thanks Meter 89
It is not working on my Omnia i900L with spanish ROM WM 6.5.5. If i just swype nothing happens if i tap hold and swype the folder icon moves
(HTC Elfin) sold it
(Samsung Omnia i900L) sold it
SGS I9000T stolen
SGY S5360L sold it
LG P970 (OB) sold it
LG L9 P768g, TELCEL, Stock ROM 4.1.2 V20a (still looking to unlock bootloader without success)
EPad Flytouch 5, The Blazing Dragon by Gaboros ROM

OndraSter
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Thats weird, are you sure you are moving to the right side? (works left-right and right-left too) The total distance on Y axis must be lower than 70px, and on X axis it must be more than 110px PLUS what you moved on Y axis.

====
====