[Q] Need some help, evo problems

Search This thread

Rocklee99

Jul 13, 2010
I got my Evo about a month ago and thought it was strange that the vibrate was kinda weak, then later noticed the not so black purplish haze screen look. I talked to sprint about the nova and epson screen and they said go to your local store to see if you can trade it in...now i have rooted mine and did all this work to it and want to know if i should go trade it in or is this normal stuff? I dont want a new one with 2.2 already on it:(

nebenezer

Dec 2, 2009
I got my Evo about a month ago and thought it was strange that the vibrate was kinda weak, then later noticed the not so black purplish haze screen look. I talked to sprint about the nova and epson screen and they said go to your local store to see if you can trade it in...now i have rooted mine and did all this work to it and want to know if i should go trade it in or is this normal stuff? I dont want a new one with 2.2 already on it:(

I swapped mine out because I had the power button crack and dust under the screen, I also had a novatec screen that showed the verticle yellow lines REAL BAD.

My new one is the same HW version and screen type and has no power button crack or verticle yellow lines but has dust under the screen now just as bad as the last one.

IMO I would get as much mileage as you can out of that one, do some torture tests, whatever, and shell out $100 in 6 months for a new one. Thats my plan :D

Rocklee99

Jul 13, 2010
I swapped mine out because I had the power button crack and dust under the screen, I also had a novatec screen that showed the verticle yellow lines REAL BAD.

My new one is the same HW version and screen type and has no power button crack or verticle yellow lines but has dust under the screen now just as bad as the last one.

IMO I would get as much mileage as you can out of that one, do some torture tests, whatever, and shell out $100 in 6 months for a new one. Thats my plan :D

ive been hear HW for a while, what is HW?

nenn

Apr 28, 2010
New York City
i dont really see the problems here. its known that the nova and epson screens have different color profiles and therefore different ideas on what "black" and "white" are. the accepted situation is that epson screens have a truer black but are washed out, whereas novas are more saturated and "black" shows up as "purple haze". its a personal preference which you prefer, i didnt notice the purple till it was pointed out.

the vibration on the phone is pretty pathetic. i dont notice it often when its in my pocket.

it all comes down to personal preference, if you've already put the work into having a phone the way you want, keep it. you might trade it in and be very unhappy with the epson screen.

the grass is always greener on the other side. if youre grass aint green, water it.