[APP] MixGet v1.1 widget to control Alsa headset volume

Search This thread

gilsken

Jul 31, 2010
Hi all,

I've just released MixGet on the Market to fix the headset issue in this thread

Changelog
v1.1:
- New UI, use tab widget in configuration screen.
- Click on the icon to open the configuration screen, to change the profile, click on the radio button or the seekbar.
- Split the Media config and the Alsa config
- Handle video player state to apply the alsa settings
- Enable/disable the alsa auto settings.
- Speaker and Micro in alsa is not available for now.
- minor changes in save/restore presets.

v1.0:
No need to use adb, no need to root your phone.
It will save your "media" volume presets into 3 profiles (E)ar, (D)efault, (B)oost.
Click on the widget icon to change the profile. It also manages the headset low level driver Alsa if your phone is compatible with. Be careful when setting the alsa config if you dont want to hurt your ears ;).
To install the alsa library (only if you want to try with alsa):
- Enter to the config screen
- Click on Update
- Rename the update_mixget.zip into update.zip
- Reboot in recovery mode

The headset alsa volume is automatically set when the media player is playing or pausing, no need to set it again then.

This could be use on other smartphones if compatible with the alsa library. If you've already installed the alsa manually, check that you've have permission to run it. If not, delete all the files and re-install it with this widget.

Edit: if you have any problem to grab the update_mixget.zip by the widget, you can download it here and rename to update.zip then copy it on your sdcard.

Credits:
supercurio :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: DooMLoRD77

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
Question

Hi gilsken, and thanks for the app ;)

But what does it do, exactly? Is it just a fix for volume levels?

Or does it automatically apply the settings we have to do manually in the Service Menu; the "fir_coeff" settings, etc?

Thanks again!

xan

Retired Recognized Developer
May 21, 2006
Crack-ow
Just sum feedback.

I had AudioBoost previously, which installed ALSA. Then I uninstalled it and restarted.

Grabbed MixGet from market. Installed fine.

ALSA slider not functioning.
No button to install ALSA.
No update.zip or update_mixget.zip in /sdcard.

Does this change DiamondSolution crappy coeffs?

How to get this runnin? Remove/reinstall ALSA?
SGS JM5 rooted+CLagFix

Last edited:

gilsken

Jul 31, 2010
Just sum feedback.

I had AudioBoost previously, which installed ALSA. Then I uninstalled it and restarted.

Grabbed MixGet from market. Installed fine.

ALSA slider not functioning.
No button to install ALSA.
No update.zip or update_mixget.zip in /sdcard.

Does this change DiamondSolution crappy coeffs?

How to get this runnin? Remove/reinstall ALSA?
SGS JM5 rooted+CLagFix

you can manually download the update_mixget.zip here and copy it on your sdcard

No this does not change the Diamond equalizer but it seems that there is no need to set it if you are under JM2/JM5 (to be confirmed by supercurio)

gilsken

Jul 31, 2010
Hi gilsken, and thanks for the app ;)

But what does it do, exactly? Is it just a fix for volume levels?

Or does it automatically apply the settings we have to do manually in the Service Menu; the "fir_coeff" settings, etc?

Thanks again!

It basically presets in software the volume media. The most interesting feature is, if you have installed the lib alsa with this widget, you will be able to set directly the headset volume level in hardware by the lib alsa. And it sets it up again automatically when the mediaplayer starts or stops, avoiding to lose this setting.

No this does not change the Diamond equalizer but it seems that there is no need to set it if you are under JM2/JM5 (to be confirmed by supercurio)

xan

Retired Recognized Developer
May 21, 2006
Crack-ow
Yep It seems diamondcrap does not to make a difference for me.

Supplied update.zip worked. Thanks!
ALSA slider functioning. Keeping it around 70 for nice moderate boost.
As a side effect it actually increases amount of static noise.

Gotta do more tests.

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
It basically presets in software the volume media. The most interesting feature is, if you have installed the lib alsa with this widget, you will be able to set directly the headset volume level in hardware by the lib alsa. And it sets it up again automatically when the mediaplayer starts or stops, avoiding to lose this setting.

Thanks for the explanation man ;)

Nice work too.

Vertron

Jul 30, 2010
Can you run the update.zip with CFlag fix v1.8, or do you have to uninstall it first?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

The.Opethian

Nov 9, 2008
London
www.opethian.com
Okay now I'm back after being blown away by the setting, I'm happy to say that this really works wonders. No root needed, no tedious hacking. Installed the update as well. Genius, just pure genius.

When supercurio mentioned that our SGS would be able to give power even to the most demanding headsets, well, he was spot on! :)

I'm off to listening to some European metal. Starting off with Alcest's latest release. :)

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
thanx man, tried to install the zip through rommanager first, no success, then i went to clockwork recovery to apply it this way, also no success, then i renamed the zip to update.zip and used the stock recovery and bam... worked flawlessly. i found such behaviour already multiple times with clockwork, so there must be a bug in there...

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
hmm, it is strongly suggested to not use any taskkiller at all... if you have problems use something like auto memory manager that adjusts the memory thresholds of android task management.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I've just released MixGet on the Market to fix the headset issue in this thread

Changelog
    v1.1:
    - New UI, use tab widget in configuration screen.
    - Click on the icon to open the configuration screen, to change the profile, click on the radio button or the seekbar.
    - Split the Media config and the Alsa config
    - Handle video player state to apply the alsa settings
    - Enable/disable the alsa auto settings.
    - Speaker and Micro in alsa is not available for now.
    - minor changes in save/restore presets.

v1.0:
    No need to use adb, no need to root your phone.
    It will save your "media" volume presets into 3 profiles (E)ar, (D)efault, (B)oost.
    Click on the widget icon to change the profile. It also manages the headset low level driver Alsa if your phone is compatible with. Be careful when setting the alsa config if you dont want to hurt your ears ;).
    To install the alsa library (only if you want to try with alsa):
    - Enter to the config screen
    - Click on Update
    - Rename the update_mixget.zip into update.zip
    - Reboot in recovery mode

The headset alsa volume is automatically set when the media player is playing or pausing, no need to set it again then.

This could be use on other smartphones if compatible with the alsa library. If you've already installed the alsa manually, check that you've have permission to run it. If not, delete all the files and re-install it with this widget.

Edit: if you have any problem to grab the update_mixget.zip by the widget, you can download it here and rename to update.zip then copy it on your sdcard.

Credits:
    supercurio :cool: