My GF is due for update in October...

Search This thread

DirtyShroomz

Mar 17, 2010
You can pay an extra $25 and get an early upgrade through account services (assuming she has 2 months left on her contract as well)

Last edited:

Pops_G

Oct 8, 2007
San Diego
Use her upgrade to get her one. Trust me, signing your girlfriend up for Google Latitude is like stalker heaven. Android phones update your location every 30-60mins without even having Maps open.

I tell my girlfriend I have her on it in case she gets kidnapped so I can find her and rescue her. Or if she loses the phone we can ping it. It makes that pill a lot easier to swallow.

I am not the jealous controlling type, but it feels good to know you can see exactly where they are on a whim. You know, to save them from kidnappers :D

Pops_G

Oct 8, 2007
San Diego
To answer your question directly.

Yes you can have your GF use her upgrade. After that call Sprint and tell them you want to switch the phone to your account and they will walk you through it. Sprints only concern is that the phone is not stolen. They told me I could buy a phone on ebay and call them to activate it, as long as it wasn't reported stolen.

Your GF can continue to use her old phone. What I do not know is who would get stuck with the $10 premium charge.

mroneeyedboh

Feb 14, 2008
Thanks. The charge isnt a big deal as were both on the same plan. So in the end, were in it together.