FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

(REQ) Very Detailed Root Guide

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By rosebaben, Junior Member on 29th August 2010, 07:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I want to root my tattoo, and i need a Detailed guide on how to do it

standard htc tattoo 1.6 -adw launcher, xda app etc.
 
 
29th August 2010, 08:01 PM |#2  
francians's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebaben

I want to root my tattoo, and i need a Detailed guide on how to do it

standard htc tattoo 1.6 -adw launcher, xda app etc.

I don't think we need another guide about that. btw is very very easy..
use the root+recovery package and reboot the phone.
29th August 2010, 08:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
recovery package?

standard htc tattoo 1.6 -adw launcher, xda app etc.
29th August 2010, 08:25 PM |#4  
francians's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebaben

recovery package?

standard htc tattoo 1.6 -adw launcher, xda app etc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=644279
this is the way
29th August 2010, 08:26 PM |#5  
schwarzlichtkind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bildungsrepublik
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
If you like, use this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=761507

If you have problems, read through the threads or use Google (is always your friend!). Searching in your native lang may help you to understand the process better!
I was a total noob and did it in just 3h (reading included).
Goog luck!
29th August 2010, 08:31 PM |#6  
francians's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarzlichtkind

If you like, use this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=761507

If you have problems, read through the threads or use Google (is always your friend!). Searching in your native lang may help you to understand the process better!
I was a total noob and did it in just 3h (reading included).
Goog luck!

this is just a soft-root. if you install this you won't able to install the recovery. I did a test and the old maverixx remains the best 1click-root
29th August 2010, 10:51 PM |#7  
schwarzlichtkind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bildungsrepublik
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Thanx, didn't knew that. Never used it my self.

Sent from my Tattoo using Tapatalk
30th August 2010, 08:44 AM |#8  
TheSSJ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,208
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francians

this is just a soft-root. if you install this you won't able to install the recovery. I did a test and the old maverixx remains the best 1click-root

Please, what do I read here? After "soft root" you can use the flash_image binary to flash ANY recovery you want. Amon_RA is the most popular and feature rich recovery here by the way...so it doesn't matter how you root - the result will be still the #-same
Last edited by TheSSJ; 30th August 2010 at 08:48 AM.
30th August 2010, 12:37 PM |#9  
francians's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSSJ

Please, what do I read here? After "soft root" you can use the flash_image binary to flash ANY recovery you want. Amon_RA is the most popular and feature rich recovery here by the way...so it doesn't matter how you root - the result will be still the #-same

Yesterday I tried to install clockwork recovery after soft-root. I gave permissions and flashed it across the rom manager.. when I tryed to reboot in recovery, it was broken.. can you explain this? So i used the maverixx and now everything is fine. cwrecovery installed without pbs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes