Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ADB Drivers (Updated for new 2.1 ROM)

OP pulser_g2

1st September 2010, 10:40 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
issue with HTC sync on XP 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by btdag

I hope you realise that if you download the latest HTC Sync it installs x64 drivers correctly and then you just have to start using adb for it to work. The guide linked in my signature also shows you how to set it up to run every time you start your computer so that you can run it from any command prompt without having to change location. This thread is more or less dead.

Of course, I've tried to install HTC sync 3.0 before, but installer failed to install the drivers. Chris Bunney reported (can't link, sorry) that installer fails on Windows XP x64 too. I think uninstalling device from system before installation starts could solve this issue but I didn't try it.
1st September 2010, 01:03 PM   |  #22  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 19

827 posts
More
What about Sync 2.0.40?

OIC:
Quote:

2. Software Requirements - Supported Operating Systems (PC)

Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 and 3 (32-Bit)

Windows Vista Ultimate / Enterprise / Business/ Home Premium/ Home Basic Edition (32 & 64-Bit) Service Pack 1

Windows 7 Ultimate/ Professional/ Home Premium / Home Basic Edition (32 & 64-Bit)

Interesting that XP 64 isn't supported. That's a poor effort by HTC.

Check out usbdeview to remove your usb drivers if you want to try again. Worked for me when I was having issues in the past. But if its working with your modifications then it might not be worth it.

Maybe you could upload the new driver file for others - specify that its XP 64 only
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread