Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME] "D Theme" for Pinky Desire and Pinky Desire Classic

Tip us?

mistahd33
Old
(Last edited by mistahd33; 11th September 2010 at 10:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Wink [THEME] "D Theme" for Pinky Desire and Pinky Desire Classic

UPDATED: 11 Sep 2010

BACKGROUND STORY:
My girlfriend and I both use Pinky Desire Classic rom and think it's great. Pinkolin seems to definately know what he's doing and appears to be on top of things with regular releases (hat goes off to you mate).
I decided that everything in this rom is fantastic ...EXCEPT the plain white (eww) notification pulldown. So I decided to go about figuring out how to start theming roms. This is my first attempt at theming. I created a green theme for myself and a pink theme for my gf... then I decided to make a whole bunch of colors just for the hell of it.

NOTES:
The themes include a semi transparent notification drawer however pinky rom currently doesn't support transparencies in the notification drawer... I'm hoping that support for this will be included in future versions of pinky rom. I'm also hoping that I can get the themes included in the rom manager app in the future for easier installation.

These themes change the color of most colored images in the framework-res and com.htc.resources apks. The themes should work very nicely in landscape or portrait mode and most system buttons, ticks, selection bars, text fields etc will match the theme. I've tested it on Pinky Desire Classic rom and it should also work fine on Pinky Desire Sense rom. I have not tested it with any others however it is reported to be working fine with NeoPhyTe's desire roms also.

I HAVE CREATED ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS FOR EACH COLOR THEME WHICH CHANGE THE LOOK OF THE NOTIFICATION BAR AREA. The alternative versions include transparent notification bar, "realism" static icons (airplane mode/mic mute/silent/vibrate mode/etc), and dynamic icons (such as battery/reception/wireless) which change color according to their current state..
ie.
red=very poor, orange=poor, yellow=moderate, green=good. (ALT1 & ALT2)
red=very poor, orange=poor, yellow=moderate, theme color=good. (ALT3)

ALT 1 looks like this:

ALT 2 looks like this (different wireless icon):

ALT 3 looks like this (ALT2 wireless icon, theme color @ full):

And the original themes are pictured below.

So without further waffling on, to install my themes:
1. Copy your chosen zip(s) to your phones sdcard.
2. Boot into recovery and install your chosen zip straight over the top without any wipes just like the other mods that come with this rom
3. DONE! (You do NOT need to install an original theme before installing an ALT theme. All zips are a full theme in their own right with everything needed included).

SHOUTS:
Avreen - For allowing me to pinch small parts from his "Dr.Droid" theme, cheers dude.
Fightspit - I have 'borrowed' the wireless icon from colored icons theme for my ALT1 themes as requested by someone. Thanks mate.
Pinkolin - Best roms ever hands down no question about it imho.
My Folks - HI MUM! \o/

!DISCLAIMER!:
If your life completely falls apart or you mess up your phone as a result of trying to apply these themes, it's your problem, not mine. This is a simple mod and certainly isn't rocket science, if you haven't done anything like this before, I suggest finding a youtube tutorial or something explaining about recovery console etc.

CHANGELOG:
v1.1: Added textures to glassy parts of notification drawer, got even more buttons themed and settings icon and a few other bits and pieces. Created Alternative 1, 2 & 3 themes for each color. Modified Earth theme to match desire physical bezel.
v1.0: Most button and all text field (*.9.png) images fixed, landscape mode fixed up.
v0.9: Circle battery is now also themed.

TODO:
* Create a "Take me back to default pinky/factory theme" theme.
* Fix reversed shadow on wireless icon on ALT2 & 3 themes
* Upload ALT3 theme (color changing dynamic icons like ALT1 & 2 except that green/good = theme color, not bright green).
* Modify Earth theme hue to better match desire physical bezel.
* Create purple theme.
* Create better notification drawer background (if pinky roms start supporting transparent notification drawer background).
* Experiment with alpha transparencies in glassy areas of notification drawer (may also require support for transparencies at rom level).

DOWNLOADABLES:
Back to default zip: PINKY DEFAULT
Aqua Tropics theme zips: AQUA v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Green Circuit theme zips: GREEN v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Yellow Street theme zips: YELLOW v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Orange Fizz theme zips: ORANGE v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Red Splatter theme zips: RED v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Pink Floral theme zips: PINK v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Purple Lightning theme zips: PURPLE v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Blue Beyond theme zips: BLUE v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Metal Plate theme zips: METAL v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3
Earthy Desire theme zips: EARTH v1.1 | ALT1 | ALT2 | ALT3 (same color as HTC Desire bezel!!)

SCREENSHOTS:

"D THEME" themes for Pinky Desire roms... HERE They're really old now, but check 'em out for skin ideas.
The Undiluted Nerdy Consumer Opinion

gordy1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love these themes for the dropdown but would it be possible to have a coloured dropdown but keep the Hi res colored icons on the top as I love the graphics on that one plus the way the signal indicator changes colour for different signal strength. I also like the graphics for the gps, airplane mode and sd cards but am really liking your pull downs.

vnvman
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy1 View Post
I love these themes for the dropdown but would it be possible to have a coloured dropdown but keep the Hi res colored icons on the top as I love the graphics on that one plus the way the signal indicator changes colour for different signal strength. I also like the graphics for the gps, airplane mode and sd cards but am really liking your pull downs.
+1 on that

mistahd33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
When I have some spare time I'll probably throw something together along those lines... Do you like the dr.droid theme version of those icons up the top with the glassy version of the changing color battery icon? I could ask his permission to make a hybrid of my theme and his theme? or I could just put the basic colorful ones up there... Lemmi know what you guys think.
"D THEME" themes for Pinky Desire roms... HERE They're really old now, but check 'em out for skin ideas.

gordy1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for that. The one I am using is the one that Pinky had a link too and is attached I am not sure who's it was.
Thanks for the great work, would it be possible then to just pick which colour drop down you want and add it to this icon pack
Attached Files
File Type: zip framework-res_HTC_2.2_color-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.63 MB, 43 views)

mistahd33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Thanks for that. The one I am using is the one that Pinky had a link too and is attached I am not sure who's it was.
Thanks for the great work, would it be possible then to just pick which colour drop down you want and add it to this icon pack
Not a hassle... but seriously, check out this theme http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760936 and tell me if you prefer dr.droids battery icon to the one in that theme.. Then I can possibly add the dr.droid glassy battery icon and the colorful icons in that theme you attached to your message there (maybe slightly prettier versions) to each of my themes.

I would then make 2 versions of each of the different color "D THEME" themes.. one with my icons and one with the changes you're suggesting.

gordy1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahd33 View Post
Not a hassle... but seriously, check out this theme http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760936 and tell me if you prefer dr.droids battery icon to the one in that theme.. Then I can possibly add the dr.droid glassy battery icon and the colorful icons in that theme you attached to your message there (maybe slightly prettier versions) to each of my themes.

I would then make 2 versions of each of the different color "D THEME" themes.. one with my icons and one with the changes you're suggesting.
I like them themes but I think I prefer the icons that were in the attached file as the battery changes colour as it loses charge and I believe they are prettier.

vnvman
Old
(Last edited by vnvman; 2nd September 2010 at 05:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahd33 View Post

Hey pinktheme 1.1 link appears to be broken, could you please fix it? I was about to update my 0.9 version when i noticed that...
thx a lot

mistahd33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnvman View Post
Hey pinktheme 1.1 link appears to be broken, could you please fix it? I was about to update my 0.9 version when i noticed that...
thx a lot
Sorry about that, pink theme link is fixed now.

mistahd33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
I like them themes but I think I prefer the icons that were in the attached file as the battery changes colour as it loses charge and I believe they are prettier.
The battery icon in dr.droids theme changes color as battery goes down as well. Still prefer the battery icon from the other pack?

Tags
desire, froyo, pinky, skin, theme