Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[32A - OLD RADIO] PSFreedom (v3 15/09/2010)

Tip us?

.kAroshi
Old
(Last edited by .kAroshi; 21st September 2010 at 10:37 AM.) Reason: New version.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [32A - OLD RADIO] PSFreedom (v3 15/09/2010)

Hello, since there seems to be some confusion I decided to start this thread for the 32A port.

The G1 / Magic 32B thread is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=776922

Note that all the work on PSFreedom was done by KaKaRoTo, and he was helped by DrMon in the MSM72K port, i merely compiled their work and put it in a simple package for everyone to enjoy.

I created 2 packages, an enabler and a disabler, that you have to flash over your working CM 6.0 Final installation.
Flashing the enabler will install the modded kernel and PSFreedom module. You will lose usb functionality completely (no adb, no mass storage etc.) until you flash the disabler.
After flashing the enabler the module will always start upon boot, you have to enter no commands on the terminal emulator.

HOW TO:
Preliminary: Make sure you are on CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and everything is working correctly. It has been reported that it works also with older CM6 versions and CM5 too, you may try if it works and report it in this thread. If it's the first time, do a Nandroid backup before testing!

Now psfreedom should be loaded as a module, you will see no difference, except for the loss of normal usb functions.

To run the exploit:
Make sure you are on 3.41 (DO NOT UPDATE OVER THE NETWORK!)
  • Connect the phone to the PS3 using usb
  • Turn it off completely (unplug power cable or turn off back switch on Fat models)
  • Plug it back in (turn on back switch)
  • Turn it on and immediately press the eject button (you should hear 3 quick beeps)
  • Booting should take a bit longer (5-10 seconds)

If you see two new options under the games tab, the exploit worked. You can now unplug the phone. Mind that you will have to do this procedure every time you boot your PS3. Try using another USB cable if it doesn't work with a few tries.

To uninstall:
  • Boot back into recovery
  • Flash Disable_PSFreedom_G1.zip
  • Reboot
You should have usb functions back to normal.

Payloads:
This version of PSFreedom contains the new PSGroove 1.1 payload (peek & poke)and is enabled for backups, but backup manager talk should not be done on this thread, there are other boards for that.

If you want to try other payloads (F.I. the new AerialX's apploader), you just have to load it into /proc/psfreedom/payload . You can do it by typing:
Code:
Select Code
cat payload > /proc/psfreedom/payload
The payload can be wherever you want and has to be in the classic binary format. (just remember to substitute "payload" with the correct path).
Even better, if you put the new payload in the /data/local directory, named "payload" (no quotes), it will be automatically loaded upon startup, thus becoming the default payload.

Mirrors:
Code:
Select Code
Enabler: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/o1qpcbkeo
http://www.zshare.net/download/80630364707ab8fe/
http://rapidshare.com/files/420315547/Enable_PSFreedom_32A_v3.zip
Disabler: http://www.zshare.net/download/801637791c6185b2/
Versions:
Code:
Select Code
v0: initial release
v1: +module loaded on startup
    +created disabler
v2: updated payload (peek & poke) 
v3: resolved bootloop bug, updated PSFreedom, dynamic payload loading.

.kAroshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
reserved (10 characters long)

c0mrade2
Old
(Last edited by c0mrade2; 7th September 2010 at 11:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Thanks for yours work!

What about an application to enable/disable psfreedom? Will it be possible in the future?

nold-i-spolen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My Magic (32A) does just reboot over and over after flashing the enabler.......also after flashing the disabler........so now restoring (i ALWAYS back-up befor flashing anything!)

But thanks for trying!

H3llSp4wN
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default radio version for cm6

one question, CM6 can be for New Radio, or just Old radio?

c0mrade2
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3llSp4wN View Post
one question, CM6 can be for New Radio, or just Old radio?
there's a port also for new radio showthread.php?t=723520
But there are some issues (like broken camera)

.kAroshi
Old
(Last edited by .kAroshi; 7th September 2010 at 02:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Old Radio, new radio requires a different kernel.

For the app, for now psfreedom requires a modded kernel, and it is not possible to switch them on the fly using an app. I know they're working on using a different driver, to avoid having to recompile the kernel. Still don't know if it can be done though.

duoshock
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can anyone provide a mirror please?

H3llSp4wN
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default cm6

i'm just a bit confused about what cm6 rom should be better and should i use, because there are severeal releases (minimou, redux etc).

can u give me a tip about this?

best regards

.kAroshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I always use the vanilla one, straight from the cyanogenMod forums. I think it should work with any of those versions though. Just make sure you're on old radio and you make a nandroid backup before trying.