Dont do business with cheapdroids.com!!

Search This thread

commander2k

Aug 10, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I had a completely terrible experience with this company. I was told a product was available early, so I ordered it that day and it took them 3 weeks to ship it still. I finally get my product, and I failed to actually read the description (probably my own fault) and its a clear snap on case. The picture makes it look like its a white snap on case (the coolest one Ive ever seen). So I call them, and their customer service person and I argued about how the case appears exactly as it would on the phone.
Their picture:
88843-large.jpg

My picture:
P9070954.jpg

Like I said, Its kind of my fault. I tried to tell her the picture was very misleading and she was very rude. They took forever and a day to ship my product and some of their other things are overpriced. So, just letting you all know, I had a terrible experience. Buyer Beware

Last edited:

fishersdad

Sep 7, 2010
I just bought the same exact thing from them for my Captivate and I like it . It slides easily in and out of the pocket and it allows you to see the carbon fiber back still and logo for Galaxy s which is cool . I would say yea that the image needs updating but all in all I personally like the way it looks . Just my 2 cents

commander2k

Aug 10, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I agree its a good case, but Im not much for the clear cases... So as far as my experience as a whole, terrible. Product- good, but not my type.

The biggest thing for me is that I was told it was available august 12th but it wasnt shipped until sept 3rd.

solufein

Jul 24, 2010
it's obviously waaaay thicker than what the pic leads me to believe. color aside, that thing is a monstrosity.

commander2k

Aug 10, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Keep in mind, I didnt have the front faceplate on., so it probably looks bigger than it is. I just took a quick pic because I sat there for 10 or 15 minutes with this lady on the phone arguing that their picture wasnt an accurate depiction.

commander2k

Aug 10, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Yeah, I realized after I got it that the description says clear... I ordered this when it was only on 1 or 2 sites. But I was looking through pictures of cases on google shopping to find one i liked, and I saw this picture... Didnt even bother to read because it looked awesome.

alphadog00

Jun 29, 2010
I think the problem is that the "picture" is not a photograph but an artist rendering. This rendering shows what parts are covered and what are not; it clearly does not show any cutouts for side buttons - this should be visible in either the front or back image.

They took a picture of the phone and shaded around it with an opaque image to show how the case would cover. The case is bigger then pictured, and has a completely different level of transparency. I see no disclaimer that this is an artists renderring.

This is misleading and i would dispute with your credit card company or paypal.

CheapDroidsManager

Sep 9, 2010
I had a completely terrible experience with this company. I was told a product was available early, so I ordered it that day and it took them 3 weeks to ship it still. I finally get my product, and I failed to actually read the description (probably my own fault) and its a clear snap on case. The picture makes it look like its a white snap on case (the coolest one Ive ever seen). So I call them, and their customer service person and I argued about how the case appears exactly as it would on the phone.
Their picture:

Like I said, Its kind of my fault. I tried to tell her the picture was very misleading and she was very rude. They took forever and a day to ship my product and some of their other things are overpriced. So, just letting you all know, I had a terrible experience. Buyer Beware

Hello commander2k , I would like first like to apologize for image representation of the case on our store. I will be sure to place a disclaimer in there about the image being a simulation. We are still in the process of get proprietary images of the cases on the phones. Please pm your order number I would like to refund your entire order and ship you out a free Zagg screen for your troubles. Or if youd like anything else please let me know .

Again I do apologize for any trouble this may have caused

Regards

If you would like to get a ful

smokestack76

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 18, 2008
Clinton Indiana
Strange how they showed up lol. I have been thinking of getting a clear case. Just so i could paint the inside of it. Use some krylon plastic paint and it should look killer. Just not sure how tight the cases are so it doesnt rub the paint off. But tons of possibilities if the paint does hold up well. Could make for some amazing custom cases.

commander2k

Aug 10, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Strange how they showed up lol. I have been thinking of getting a clear case. Just so i could paint the inside of it. Use some krylon plastic paint and it should look killer. Just not sure how tight the cases are so it doesnt rub the paint off. But tons of possibilities if the paint does hold up well. Could make for some amazing custom cases.

That may be a good idea... If I knew how to draw with anything other than crayons I would give it a shot lol. And ive seen this company pop up in lots of other forums, always in the form of their own company, not faking good reviews or anything. theyre really trying to get some good publicity and give good customer service. He PMed me and is going to send me a free case of my choice, seems legit. Im starting to change my mind about the company, although I did have to jump through hoops in the first place.