OP d94

9th September 2010, 11:50 PM   |  #11  
Account currently disabled
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,485

1,603 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is all too complicated for the end user, maybe somebody should just reproduce this in like a battery pack. I would be willing to pay 20 or more for a mod like this. Just saying...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
9th September 2010, 11:53 PM   |  #12  
Flag kansas city mo
Thanks Meter: 416

1,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby323

This is all too complicated for the end user, maybe somebody should just reproduce this in like a battery pack. I would be willing to pay 20 or more for a mod like this. Just saying...

i think the touchstone and aftermarket battery cover cost at least 70 dollars alone.
9th September 2010, 11:54 PM   |  #13  
Account currently disabled
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,485

1,603 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well I already own a touchstone.

10th September 2010, 12:27 AM   |  #14  
Flag Forrt Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 9

296 posts
Oooooh interesting.. I have two touchstones as well lol.
10th September 2010, 04:27 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420

i think the touchstone and aftermarket battery cover cost at least 70 dollars alone.

The technology behind it is dead simple though. It would be trivial to introduce something like this built into a battery pack. IIRC, the voltage on the receiving coil is Vr = Vs * (Cs / Cr), where Vr is the voltage on the receiving coil, Vs is the voltage on the sending coil (the touchstone base) and Cs and Cr are the number of loops in the source and receiving coils.

Therefore it would be easy to make a coil that grabbed 3.6V from the 5V touchstone and fed it directly into the battery. The only problem is that the coil plus voltage protection circuitry inside of the battery would reduce the amount of space that you could actually use for the battery. Considering how small batteries in cell phones already are, even making them a sliver thinner to fit the coil inside of the battery pack would mean a drastic drop in battery capacity.

To the OP: did you have to break any stickers to pull the circuit board out?
Last edited by Roisen; 10th September 2010 at 04:31 AM.
10th September 2010, 06:05 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
MI

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roisen

The technology behind it is dead simple though. It would be trivial to introduce something like this built into a battery pack. IIRC, the voltage on the receiving coil is Vr = Vs * (Cs / Cr), where Vr is the voltage on the receiving coil, Vs is the voltage on the sending coil (the touchstone base) and Cs and Cr are the number of loops in the source and receiving coils.

Therefore it would be easy to make a coil that grabbed 3.6V from the 5V touchstone and fed it directly into the battery. The only problem is that the coil plus voltage protection circuitry inside of the battery would reduce the amount of space that you could actually use for the battery. Considering how small batteries in cell phones already are, even making them a sliver thinner to fit the coil inside of the battery pack would mean a drastic drop in battery capacity.

To the OP: did you have to break any stickers to pull the circuit board out?

the pics were taken from the fcc website, although there are no stickers!
10th September 2010, 06:31 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 45

447 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflez2010

Or a dumb one since Compass will no longer work.

i guess this will work perfect for the other galaxy phones
10th September 2010, 03:28 PM   |  #18  

123 posts
The compass should work fine. The metal disks on the palm back cover are not magnetic. I believe they're just iron disks...
10th September 2010, 04:35 PM   |  #19  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrawanime

The compass should work fine. The metal disks on the palm back cover are not magnetic. I believe they're just iron disks...

Still the strong magnetic pull from the touchstone base to keep it attached will make the compass act wonky.

I had a leather case for my hero that used a magnet to close the flap and i would have to mess with the compass for like 15 minutes to ever get it to point right again.
10th September 2010, 05:55 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 4

226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendoe91z28

please to be explaining what is going on here

Haha.. was about to ask the same.. I'm so lost.. Very cool mod though

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread