Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM

Tip us?

moda0222
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty! View Post
Chances are you wont, there's been a lot of leaked ROMs in the past and only a couple of them ever were released (AT&T and Voda build).
So it's safe to say that this update is authentic?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by moda0222 View Post
So it's safe to say that this update is authentic?

If it weren't authentic, it would not load successfully via the PASSIMG.ZIP method on a locked bootloader. Only signed ROMs can be applied that way.

But that's not to say this update is bug-free. If you're unrooted on FRF91 and your bootloader isn't unlocked, I would highly recommend this upgrade path instead:
1-Click Root -> ROM Manager -> flash ClockworkMod recovery -> full nandroid backup -> apply Paul's repacked version as an update.zip.

This will allow you a simple roll-back pathway (i.e. boot into custom recovery and restore the backup). If you upgrade via the PASSIMG method, then according to reports on this thread you lose all possible return pathways short of unlocking the bootloader.

DMaverick50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
when i flashed this i got it from the modaco link, i used the top one that indicated it was the full file but there were several ones below that were labeled, there were i think 2 different ones for rooted phones and 2 different ones for stock phones, and i think those were initially the ones we were supposed to use but they didnt work. were those supposed to have the modified build.prop?
Phone: Nexus One

ali3nfr3ak
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
If it weren't authentic, it would not load successfully via the PASSIMG.ZIP method on a locked bootloader. Only signed ROMs can be applied that way.

But that's not to say this update is bug-free. If you're unrooted on FRF91 and your bootloader isn't unlocked, I would highly recommend this upgrade path instead:
1-Click Root -> ROM Manager -> flash ClockworkMod recovery -> full nandroid backup -> apply Paul's repacked version as an update.zip.

This will allow you a simple roll-back pathway (i.e. boot into custom recovery and restore the backup). If you upgrade via the PASSIMG method, then according to reports on this thread you lose all possible return pathways short of unlocking the bootloader.
I agree. I stupidly just flashed this and cannot downgrade, have tried several different options to downgrade but none have worked, have held off from unlocking the bootloader, hoping someone will come up with a miracle LOL

cpm
Old
Thanks Meter 109
[QUOTE=cmstlist;8094893...I would highly recommend..
apply Paul's repacked version as an update.zip..[/QUOTE]

I recommend you also consider Geo's FRG33 version too. Being using it, SetCpu, plus WildMonks kernel for great results

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714184

moda0222
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post

Well I went the paasimg route because I have upgrade ocd...i needed you last week Hehe...thanks for the info...will use going forward.

ronjeremy11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This problem is compounded because afaik very few people flashed it and are now stuck with it and want to stay locked, like me. Since there isn't a lot of focus on it I'm not holding out too much hope for a fix. Stupid question - So the build.prop can't be modified and repackaged as a flashable zip in order to give us stock suckers access to our protected apps? Just curious

ali3nfr3ak
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjeremy11 View Post
This problem is compounded because afaik very few people flashed it and are now stuck with it and want to stay locked, like me. Since there isn't a lot of focus on it I'm not holding out too much hope for a fix. Stupid question - So the build.prop can't be modified and repackaged as a flashable zip in order to give us stock suckers access to our protected apps? Just curious
no i dont think you can as the flashable zip wont have htc/google signed code

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
I guess the only way the "stuck" folks can revert without unlocking is either to find a new root vulnerability, or to find some sort of master override that can load up an older official firmware version.

stfl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My friend's new nexus one is already FRG33 as it arrived, there is no way to use 1-click root.
I've tried to use new exploit from C skills and it did show "#". So I think it should do the trick.
I doesn't flash anything yet, therefore, this is for your reference.

C skills: h ttp://c-skills.blogspot.com/2010/08/please-hold-line.html

1. Get the exploit (executable file)
exploit: h ttp://stealth.openwall.net/xSports/RageAgainstTheCage.tgz

2. Extract the .tgz file to get the "rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin"
I put the file in d:\RageAgainstTheCage

3. Put exploit file to your N1
adb push d:\RageAgainstTheCage\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
adb shell chmod 700 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

4. Enter adb shell
adb shell

5. Execute exploit (It will automatically close adb shell)
$cd /data/local/tmp
$./rageagainstthecage

6. Restart adb
adb kill-server
adb start-server

7. Enter adb shell again
# (Yes, my lord.)

I've found it may not success every time, if it doesn't, please go through steps 4~7 again.
If it still doesn't work, we need to wait a new way to root. Good luck.